Single Pass Untwinked MLD Tourney: Phase I PvM

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Forum Name   Character Name        Class         Level   No Deaths   Last WP
Zhao         Ansatsusha            Assassin      31      2           City of the Damned
Sint         Loki                  Druid         26      0           Arcane Sanctuary
Hitek        Tropical              Necromancer   27      0           Kurast Docks
Zhao         Stormrage             Druid         15      0           Black Marsh
Pedu         Kobe                  Paladin       24      0           Far oasis
Brak         CandyCoatedKilr       Assassin      21      0           Lut Gholein
Brak         a little girl         Sorceress     0       0           None
NacRuno      Ares                  Barbarian     0       0           None
NacRuno      Kitiara               Assassin      0       0           None
skoolbus     Smite_Me              Paladin      19       0           Inner Cloister
Hitek        Action Action         Druid         0       0           None
CarRamRod    LazySlothman          Paladin       0       0           None
'poops       dorkette              dunnoyet      0       0           None
Finished Act 1 today. Equipment is probably the worst I've ever had after Act 1 and I cleared every single monster and chest/barrel/loose rock at players 8. Only set is Cleglaw's Shield. PLR was good for Andy though.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Zhao         Ansatsusha            Assassin      31      2           City of the Damned
Sint         Loki                  Druid         21      0           Lut Gholein
skoolbus     Smite_Me              Paladin       19      0           Inner Cloister
Hitek        Tropical              Necromancer   18      0           Lut Gholein
Zhao         Stormrage             Druid         15      0           Black Marsh
Pedu         Kobe                  Paladin       15      0           Dark Wood
'poops       dorkette              Barbarian     15      0           Dark Wood
Brak         SpearChuckerJones     Barbarian     0       0           None
Brak         Unfortunate Accident  Necromancer   0       0           None
It's very very slow going. I'm killing every single monster and opening every single chest. I can't wait for when I can get an act 2 merc cause he'll kill much faster than I do now. Only one set/unique so far even though I've loaded this guy with all the mf equipment I can find. Also saving lots of charms, and I'm finding some very nice resist ones already.
ditto - except all of my item drops suck so far (other than Hotspur's). :grin:

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Sint         Loki                  Druid         28      0           Kurast Docks
skoolbus     Smite_Me              Paladin       19      0           Inner Cloister
Hitek        Tropical              Necromancer   18      0           Lut Gholein
Pedu         Kobe                  Paladin       15      0           Dark Wood
Brak         SpearChuckerJones     Barbarian     0       0           None
Brak         Unfortunate Accident  Necromancer   0       0           None
It's been a long time since I cleared all the tombs in act 2, but it got me up to level 28 before facing Duriel. Who, needlessly to say, was a piece of cake on p8 and took me only 1 light healing potion. No good drops to report, but I'm thinking of making a Steel 2-hander or something since I've got a bunch of El's. (I was planning on keeping every rune and see later on which I'd use.)

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Sint         Loki                  Druid         28      0           Kurast Docks
Hitek        Tropical              Necromancer   27      0           Kurast Docks
Brak         CandyCoatedKilr       Assassin      21      0           Lut Gholein
Just fixing the table, my last update was missing :cry:

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
skoolbus     Smite_Me              Paladin       28      0           Kurast Docks
I found a ton of set items in act2 and I realistically could complete two different sets, though I doubt either would be of any use. Duriel dropped some chancies which leaves every other durial drop in the dust. It's sooooooo slow, I might stop doing full clears and popping every chest for act 3, I already have more gems than I normally find through all of norm and I'm only getting xp from unique packs.

No one has really said anything about items they have for trade, but I'm looking for either boots with 40% FRW or a helm with +pally skills. If anyone is looking for anything in particular, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for it.

LazySlothman

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
skoolbus     Smite_Me              Paladin       28      0           Kurast Docks
CarRamRod    LazySlothman          Paladin       12      0           Stony Field

Slow going, been a while since ive played untwinked let alone doing full clears.. couldnt finish cleaning out the cave in the cold plains until I defeated blood raven and returned with a merc (i was kept chilled by the dark rangers whilst she was able to take em down)

oh, also i think it was mentioned a few posts ago one benifit of finishing early would be time to practice.. does this mean once we finish we could practice dueling on normal difficulty? (clearing blood moor on players1 wouldnt give really any exp would it?)

IronCrown

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
IronCrown    CocaCola              Paladin       18      0           Outer Cloister
CarRamRod    LazySlothman          Paladin       12      0           Stony Field

I've been thinking about joining and after a few failed attempts (basically no build idea) i've finally gone some way with a paladin. Its very slow going as I'm trying to maximise exp and popping everything (including barrels). So far 1 unique shield and a couple of nice socketed pala shields if I ever get useful runes.

His killing speed is ok, but I see a tough time coming as I dont want to spend skill pts unnecissarily. I suspect my 2-hit zeal will have to go a loooong way.

I hope I can finish normal in time, as I dont have a lot of time playing right now, but I'll try.

IC

IronCrown

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
IronCrown    CocaCola              Paladin       19      1           Inner Cloister

Just a minor update to the table.

Encountered a death as well (yeah in A1 normal!) His killing speed slowed right down, as I try to conserve skill points. Just aiming for lvl 24 now. Hopefully he will be able to kill Andy @p8, but will see.

The full clears take a lot of time, and I hope to finish in time to compete.

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
IronCrown    CocaCola              Paladin       19      1           Inner Cloister
Zhao         Shadowsong            Sorceress     15      0           Black Marsh
Thought I'd try a new character. It's great to be refreshed on how hard it is to start questing with a Sorceress. :azn:

Notable finds so far include Hsarus's Buckler and Cleglaw's Small Shield.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
skoolbus     Smite_Me              Paladin       35      0           Harrogoth
Zhao         Shadowsong            Sorceress     15      0           Black Marsh
Got all the way to act 5, still opening every chest, and killing every monster on p8. I found sanders boots right after I decided I needed 40% frw, which made me happy. Also using 3/4 of the angelics set, for the ias, ar, and mf (hopefully I can find the ammy and complete the set). Now I'm thinking I want a +pally skills helm or magefists, so if anyone finds some, I'll trade for them!

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Brak         CandyCoatedKilr       Assassin      26      0           Canyon of the Magi
I am also finding this very slow goings as I have cleared every inch of each map aside for one half of one arm of the Arcane Sanctuary because my merc was driving me crazy. I'll have to think of a better way to work the character creation for this next time, this is more tedious than I had expected.

HiTeknology

Diabloii.Net Member
Its almost not worth it to do complete clears for exp after you stop getting experience in an act, but the thing to remember is the vast amount of extra drops you get to choose your gear from when do kill that many more monsters.

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Brak         CandyCoatedKilr       Assassin      26      0           Canyon of the Magi
Zhao         Shadowsong            Sorceress     20      0           Lut Gholein
The evil queen has fallen. Found another Cleglaw's Small Shield.

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Zhao         Shadowsong            Sorceress     24      0           Far Oasis
Found 2 interesting shields in the Maggot Lair.

Fiend Guard
Large Shield
Defense: 25
Chance to Block: 52%
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Strength: 24
Required Level: 9
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x90e354d9
+16% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Cold Resist +14%
17% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Block Rate
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (2: 0 used)

Hailstone Aegis
Small Shield
Defense: 13
Chance to Block: 45%
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Strength: 22
Required Level: 8
Fingerprint: 0x2c064ab4
+22% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +6%
17% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Block Rate
Socketed (1: 0 used)

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
Triple post, ahhh!

Code:
Zhao         Shadowsong            Sorceress     32      0           The Pandemonium Fortress
Static Field in Normal just demolishes bosses in normal. Duriel/Mephy was a laugh.

Some more unspectacular finds:
Maelstorm
Angelic Ring
Gorefoot
Umbrial Disk
Vidala's Fetlock
Shadowfang

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
Didn't plan to post again so soon but I wanted to report this while I was still engraged. :azn:

This game must really hate me. While Shadowsong was clearing the River of Flame, this green amulet dropped:

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0xa7956f5b
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
10% Faster Cast Rate
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

Pretty much a perfect fit for my sorceress, however I'll never be able to reach level 67 to use it! :rolleyes:

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Fiend Guard
Large Shield
Defense: 25
Chance to Block: 52%
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Strength: 24
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0x90e354d9
+16% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +14%
17% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Block Rate
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (2: 0 used)
Man that's a sweet LLD shield. If it'd had vulpine on it, could quite possibly be the ideal LLD shield (well also in a bone shield, and with self repair; OK so it's three away from ideal, but still really sweet for our purposes).

And my condolences for the Tal Rasha's ammy, I'll remember how unfortunate you are the next time I ID yet another amulet of strength:wink: .

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Zhao         Shadowsong            Sorceress     48      0           Finished
Shadowsong crushed Diablo and Baal, thus completing her PvM career.

Set/Unique finds:

Humongous
Ichorstring
Milgabra's Diadium
Sander's Riprap
Another Shadowfang
Cathan's Rule

My kingdom for a Trapper or Bowazon!:

Trickster's Circlet of Life Everlasting
Defense: 29
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xca0481b6
Damage Reduced by 24
+2 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Fiend Grasp
Chain Gloves
Defense: 16
Durability: 11 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 35
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xe9aa558d
+68% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +6%
3% Life stolen per hit
16% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
level 48 seems about right, you cleared all the secondairy places in act 5? I'll update my druid tomorrow, he's at lower kurast now.

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
level 48 seems about right, you cleared all the secondairy places in act 5? I'll update my druid tomorrow, he's at lower kurast now.
I'm actually at 48.95. I think the only monsters I missed in normal were Cold Caw and that area since my young sorceress feared her cold attacks.