Singing Barb (not Karaoke!)

kle02

Diabloii.Net Member
Singing Barb (not Karaoke!)

I'm just wondering how the hell do you build one of these barbs?
I'm thinking:
20 War Cry
20 Battle Cry
20 BO
20 Taunt
10 Howl (could be 20 o_O)
10 Shout (20 as well ?_?)
For gear:
Dual wizspike/HOTO :surprise:
Enigma? or Vipermagi
Silkweave
Frostburn
Shako
Mara
Sojs
+warcies GC
For stats:
Str: enought for gear
Dex: again enough for gear
Vit: as much as possible
Energy:probably need 30?

kle02

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm you make a good point there, but for sure I know theres gonna be more than 30 energy maybe more than that.

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
I screwed up my build by putting more in vit then energy, you need alot....
unless maybe you have an inventory full of mana charms, 50+ mana grand charms are best.

although someone said when I was building my singer that 1 point of energy only adds 1 point of mana
so even with 200 energy its still only 200 mana.
kind of silly

10x 50 mana charms adds 500 mana
it would be even better if they were warcry skill +mana
and 17 mana on small charms x 10 = 170
total = 670 mana
with a high level BO that would be ALOT of mana.

keep in mind you dont need resist charms, since you use dual hoto or dual spike, and you don't need life charms, since I doubt you will have life problems with maxed BO and vit

SeraphimSilver

Diabloii.Net Member
Note that you need 105% Faster Cast Rate for the "last" breakpoint on both Sorceress and Barbarian Casting FPS.

kle02

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I've only seen one singer barb on USWest SC he had dual Wizspikes because they add mana and not to mention 100% FCR together along with 150 resist all O.O

royalesse

Diabloii.Net Member
kle02 said:
Well I've only seen one singer barb on USWest SC he had dual Wizspikes because they add mana and not to mention 100% FCR together along with 150 resist all O.O
2 HoTOs sound better to me:
+6 all skills
+80% FCR
Increase max mana 30%
+60-80 resist all
+40 replenish life

With +6 skills, Natural Resists should be a 2 pt wonder (1 prereq) not needing the +75 resists of wiz spike.

You'll give up a some mana but gain +6 skills and replen life. YOu can still hit the FCR breakpoint with Viper magi.

But hey... to each their own

Edit: another advantage is that with HoTOs there are no dex Requirements.

Just ran the numbers... assuming you put one in battle command you'll have +14 skills

Which will give you +61 resist all with 1 in Nat Resists.

THe warcry will do 1200 ~ 1800 and that's without skillers. I'd go Viper for the extra resists and the FCR. You can 1 pt leap and leap attack and you won't even need the teleport from Enigma

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
My singer guide will be up by Wedensday hopefully

All will be revealed...

Wiz IS better then HotO

Put points into energy

and Alain have you come up with any more ideas as to who had the first guide? I'd rather not give false credit

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
royalesse said:
Really... I look forward to it =D
Has to do with Damage over time//mana(cost)//gear flexability

And because I feel like it....

Awww shut up sonny. I was making Sing barbs while you were stilling in diapers.

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
Orginally posted by royalesse
Which will give you +61 resist all with 1 in Nat Resists.
Yes, but with 2 Wizspikes you wouldn't need this at all. 150 + 30 from Anya q's + 25-30 from Vipermagi = Full.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Lostprophet said:
Yes, but with 2 Wizspikes you wouldn't need this at all. 150 + 30 from Anya q's + 25-30 from Vipermagi = Full.
150 from Wiz and 30 from anya equal full then you don't need Wiz

Soon my guide will be up soon

SeraphimSilver

Diabloii.Net Member
memememem173, actually putting points in energy is more of a waste.
My singer has less energy and more mana regeneration then my friend's singer who has 3000 mana and I Cast it more often then him because I barely run out of mana for a fraction of time.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
SeraphimSilver said:
memememem173, actually putting points in energy is more of a waste.
My singer has less energy and more mana regeneration then my friend's singer who has 3000 mana and I Cast it more often then him because I barely run out of mana for a fraction of time.
Are you saying you have no points in energy? What gear do you use? Please tell me so I can look into this befor I put out guide. Also what is your damage//skill level?

SeraphimSilver

Diabloii.Net Member
My helm:

http://membres.lycos.fr/cardisilver/helmy.png
Almost perfect... +3 warcry +2 :( battle orders

Socketed with 2 perfect skulls is where the 38% mana regen comes from ;o

Also I do have points in energy but not a lot, it doesnt give enough to be worth it.
Using Battle Orders and Equipment like Gloom's Trap, Silkweaves, and dual wizardspike already makes your mana pretty high.. but the more mana regen you have the better.