Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SInger barb or not? Pros cons?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by theredpredator, Sep 19, 2006.

1. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

SInger barb or not? Pros cons?

So ive been duelling a wide variety of chars and ive gotten a bit sick of my bowazon, smiter and blizz soso. Just now i saw a singer barb and he looked hella sexy.

My thought of setup would be:
    Arreats/Coa ber ber
    Enigma
    2 hotos, res stack, fcr
    Verdungos/arach
    Thrang oul gloves?
    2x Bk
    Sandstorms

9 warcry skillers
    10 20 life sc
    anni
    torch

Stats, all vita, monstrous life oO

Would it a: be any fun even playing? b)effective? c)what chars not to duel with and which should be a easy game for me.

2. Murderya

Murderya Banned

I've only used one for gold finding runs... I don't know about the pvm aspects however. Most people would be able to dodge your attacks. It would probably be more worthwhile to make a nova sorc.

3. TheHateSinger

TheHateSinger IncGamers Member

Well I can tell you right now that Singer babas are a hell of a lot of fun! I have a lvl ** singer barb that's only died one time in hell mode (I walked all the acts mind you). It's amazing how entertaining it is to play.

PROS:
    1. You can stun all of baal's minions and allow easy pickings for your party.

2. Your BO and Shout are extremely high and beneficial to your party (they'll love you).

3. It's nearly impossible to die (huge resists and life).

4. Good DClone weakener and tanker.

CONS:

1. Low damage.

2. High cost to make a decent one.

3. Physical immunes are a problem.

4. Not for people used to pwning everthing i.e. hammerdins.

My current Singer which started out as PvM is slowly being converted to PvP. I started off with dual wizzies, shako, upped vipermagi, frosties, and waterwalks. Now, this is good because with dual wizspikes you basically can't die and along with que-hegan's you reach the 105% fcr break point. BUT your dmg sucks and you're all support, which is fine for me but I wanted to try something else.

So, I bought a HOTO, made a Dusk Enigma, bought Spidersash, Maras, 2 SoJ, Torch, and Anni. Now he still uses 1 wizspike for the res in hell duels and a Raven frost for pesky sorcs and all I can say is WOW is it fun to duel with. Just keep in mind without a stormshield you'll get destroyed in melee, but if you alter the build for pure pvp then you should have the dex and str for max block. I'll remake mine eventually for this purpose, but for now I enjoy PvM/PvP. Plus it's fun to kill someone with shouts :D.

P.S. I'm still look for a 3 BO 3 Warcry Delirium lol...

4. theredpredator

Should i go for 200 fcr bp? Or go for the max dmg?

Correct me if im wrong but As i see it now a singer barbs owns vs:

Sosos
    Amas
    Necros

HAs a chance:
    Boner
    Druid, windie

No chance:
    Hammerdins
    Smiter

5. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

200 fcr roxxor. nuff said. teleport on top, cry, cry, cry.. die!

Requires some kick-*** equip, though! Dual wizpike, arach, magefist, 2 rings, enigma, and then you need griffon + 15% fast cast amu or circlet and a perfect 20% fast cast amu.

6. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

TBH Wc barb will not get u far in pvp the 3 facts are;

• Very low dmg.
    • Warcry can be blocked.
    • Singers have mana problems.

The fact the the dmg is low and can be blocked is a waste as most chars in pvp use 75% block or a shield of some kind with the acception of a bow ama (*note some use upped titans ans stormshield on switch), bvc and some chargers. Also DR reduces the affectveness of the dmg even more.

Personally i think the 105% fcr breakpoint works better due to a very open gear selection and gives alot of flexability with setups.

7. sirwhere

ggogogo insight on weap switch :rolleyes:

8. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

With life/mana scs or rings you can have QUITE high mana. Also if the guy uses 2* wizzies he automatically has almost if not over 1000 mana.

As for the other things: Warcry does low damage already and it can be blocked and reduced via dr%.

gogogogo slain at the press of "w"? Insight won't exactly return all your mana in an instant, and if you start teleporting with insight, the opponent will realize that you're using it and thus become offensive as hell to beat you up.

9. sirwhere

That's easier said than done. And there's always mana pots.. lol.

Besides, I use "q" for weapon switch, ha!

10. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Pros: Fun to play, fast runner, able to MF consistently, best party supporter ever, high resists, high life, high def, high FCR.

Cons: Item dependance, relatively low damage, low mana, war cry is blockable, PIs.

Ive been playing a singer barb for the last weeks and its very fun. I ve been PvMing mostly but had a few duels too.

My gear:

Magic barb helm: 3 Warcrys, 96 life, socketed with 2x PSkulls
    2x HotO (2x Heart carvers on switch)
    Mage plate enigma
    2 barb skills, 10% FCR, 60ish mana ammy
    2 SoJ
    Frost Burns
    Crafted boot: 10FHR, 20FRW, 10% mana regen, some mana
    arachs
    9x WC GCs, anni, torch, mana/FHR charms

My Stash:
    2x HELed wizzy, glom belt, Mana/life GCs

My Skill distribuition:
    Max BO, Max War Cry and sinergys 1 Iron Skin, 1 Nat res, 1 shout, 1 Battle Comand.

I am level 93 and my built is done. If I ever get 2x more levels, I would use skills on increased stamina e run Walk. All my stat points were dumped on Vitality, but a few on dex to equip HELed wizzys was a good idea to cover versatility. Life can be huge if you have your WC GC and your mana SCs both with life. My life is at 5500 and my mana is at 1800 (5k life and 2,7k mana with stash).

The mana issue is a real pain but its in PvP only as in PvM you can count on your mercs insight and with that along with mana regen items, you can barely feel the drain. To cover this, you should drop a few Skillers for more mana charms (with life is the goal). In my calculations, your best damage/mana x level output is at level 33 War Cry, but the damage in that point is not impressive, 1280 max if memory serves me right. With my standard gear damage is around 2k.

Ive tried 200 FCR, but it miscasts a huge lot, so I droped down back to 110 (105 is BP) which is more than enought; you will be casting faster than all chars but a few sorcs.

Well, I hope that helps and I am sure you wont miss the fun part if you ever make a singer.

Cheers

11. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

Its not so much mana numbers rather the slow regen at the rate u have to spam wcs to kill on a high life opponment u will be constantly jugging pots to keep up the attack which is where the mana problem is, i know a singer can get 2k mana but this makes hardly any difference when ur fcr is much higher than standard barbs, i.e more tele and the fact that a barbs mana regeneration is riddiculously slow especially when u have to spam a low dmg, blockable attack vs a decent life char.

Insight no this will not work the minute u switch u lose fcr bps and wont be in a good defensive possition.

12. jag

jag IncGamers Member

I have singer with level 52 bo and 50 war cry -- about 7-8k life and only 3000 damage.

This character is great on baal runs - very helpful in chaos, so-so use for ubers --- as long as you are not really planning to kill anything yourself. Its probably the ultimate party friendly build give so much life, defense and stunning everything but is just sad at actually causing damage. Can limp along solo hell fairly well cept for the physical immunes. Cant rush anyone in hell with the character since even andy can be major fight due to so low damage output.

I havent had much success in pvp -- i can stun people fairly well but they slip away usually before i can cause any serious damage (1/6 of 3k is only 500 at best i can hit then take off all the damage reduction and it can be blocked) Not much use against the high life barbs. Wc is a very small range so very tough against ranged opponents. Absolutely hopeless against an Energy shield sorc--they regen faster than you can damage them.

Yet i still love this character -- tellys like a bat outta hell -- lots of fun in multiplayer - takes work to die.... Certainly fun to get reactions of people in your party when thier life nearly triples :)

13. theredpredator

Im still in a dubio :eek:

I might just make it for the cool factor. First time i dont got a coockie cutter build and just keep teamduelling, or killing noob sorces. (The ones that use tal mask, and a 2 handed stafe, you know what kind of sosos im talking about)

14. OneFromBeyond

OneFromBeyond IncGamers Member

Singers are unbelievably fun in PvM, but I can imagine that you will have some problems in PvP because of the aforementioned issues. Highly recommended and a unique build!

*OneFromBeyond

15. rykuss

rykuss Banned

I had heard of these a while back but never considered building one. After reading the PvM singer guide, it did make me raise an eyebrow and I am going to build one soon. Looks really fun to play! :wink3:

16. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Level 50 War Cry, full sinergys gets you to do from 2024 to 2070 damage. My calcs could be wrong though, and if so, please, could you show me how is this calculated?

You´ve got 2 main ways to play this char in PvM, but in both cases, teleing/moving around is easy and safe:

- If you play solo, you WILL be able to kill fast. Physical immunes will take a bit longer and you would have to rely on your merc´s help. Tele right in the center of the mob and spam the hell out of War Cry. In no time you will see a genocide.

-If you play in a party, your role changes to support, as every single monster will have a lot of more life. But you will still be able to kill some, not to mention that the monsters will be frozen while your party feast at them, or if they try to flee, taunt them back!

In PvP, it would take a nice share of practice, and you wont be winning much more than loosing. Casters are going to have a hard time fighting you. Against melee, its gonna be tough but possible as well.

17. jag

jag IncGamers Member

hmmm i havent been on that character in a bit and its partially stripped... likely i was being optomistic about the 3k damage. Maybe i will get his gear back on to verify....

Either way - 2k is low and 3k is certainly no huge jump for damage in hell or pvp. Tactics for this character center around getting everything stunned and killing off things gradually or by your merc (or teammates in multiplayer)

18. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Trust me, aside from act bosses, P.Imunes and very tough uniques, everything else dies pretty fast after a few War Cry waves on a 1 player game, and I am talking about 2k damage for sure (thats what Ive got).

19. Hemaka

Hemaka IncGamers Member

I've always wanted to try one for the experience.

20. sirwhere

An average 2k multi-targetting at 7 fps is not bad! My frenzy babo mows stuff and he has less than that avg damage. (Well ok, he has amplify from atma's :p)

Phys immunes get solved with dual gimmershreds and 1 pt double swing ;)