Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Singer Barb for PvP??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by skraper, Jun 9, 2005.

1. skraper

skraper IncGamers Member

Singer Barb for PvP??

This build is very expensive, but i have all the stuff for it except for the GCs which i could trade for fairly easily.

The barb I have planned is a War Cry only barb. The only problem i foresee is that he will do ZERO elemental or magic damage, meaning someone with high DR would be hard to kill.

Here is my proposed equipment.
    Helm: 2Socket COA w/ cham and Ber
    Armor: Enigma Archon
    Weapon: HOTO Flail
    Shield: Spirit Monarch
    Pre-Buff Switch: 2x +3 WarCry Weapons
    Gloves: Magefist
    Boots: Treks
    Jewelry: Maras, 2x SOJ
    Inv: 7 WarCry GCs w/ 12FHR, 3 Plain War Cry GC's, one 5%FHR SC, 9 SC w/ mana and life

Skills would be:
    20 Howl
    20 Taunt
    20 Battle Cry
    20 War Cry
    1 Increased Speed, Increased Stamina, Nat Resist, Iron Skin, Shout, Battle Command,
    Rest into BO

With this build i would have:
    War Cry would do 1800 Damage
    3700 Life
    1300 Mana
    13K Defense
    75 All Resist
    75% Chance to Block
    3 Frame Hit Recover
    8 Frame Cast Rate
    DR of at least 28%(Could be higher depending on COA)
    Cannot Be Frozen

Anyways the build seems solid to me. The stun from WarCry would last 9 1/2 seconds according to the skill chart, is this effect the same in PvP as in Pvm.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Uh, no if it lasted 9 seconds don't you think it would be a little overpowered?

I would suggest specializing against casters, ditch the CoA, use a BP enigma and go base str with dual Hoto. Singers just don't do well vs melee no matter how you build them, there are too many uninterruptable attacks. Use resist boots rather than treks, forget about DR gear, and you don't need cbf on a singer as being frozen does not affect casting speed. Also, put some points into leap.

3. skraper

skraper IncGamers Member

well, uh, how long does it last.(Keep in mind that it will be over lvl 40). Resist boots would be pointless as I will already have max resists. What would be the benefit of using Breast Plate Nigma? Less str req, but to what end? What helm would you suggest instead pf COA? At lvl 90 i will only need 5 extra points into str after archon enigma for coa. Good point about the cannot be frozen and one point into leap wouldnt hurt.

4. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Max resists isn't enough you should be over max.

The benefit of bp Enigma is you have higher vitality and casters don't care about defense anyway.

Instead of CoA, a magic helm with 5 or 6 to warcry shaeled would be better. Delerium a +3 warcry helm if you can't find or afford that helm.

My first singer was a 105 fcr 86 fhr 75% block 50% DR max resists high defense build. I wanted to be able to duel melee as well as casters but I realized it's better to just specialize against casters. Here was my first build.

Helm - 15/30 CoA ShaelShael
    Amulet - +3 warcries 10 fcr
    Ring - 10 fcr 15 str 15 dex 10 fire res
    Ring - 10 fcr 19 str 42 life 8 res all
    Shield - SS Shael
    Armor - Archon Enigma
    Boots - Grim spurs (30 frw, 20 fhr, 19 str 45/22/21 resists)
    Belt - Arachnid
    Weapon - 40 Hoto
    Gloves - Magefists

Charms - 10x WC GCs 35+ life, 20/19 anni, 9 x 70/15s

Dueling melee just sucks with a singer even with this build. There's too many uninterruptable attacks and the duels take forever. I did manage to wear a CoA with base str though, which is pretty cool

My second singer was much better.

Helm - +3 warcries +3 warcry magic helm - ShaelShael
    Amulet - Fiend Sunder (+2 barb, 10 frw, 19 str, 20 dex, 59 life, 57 mana)
    Ring - soj
    Ring - soj
    Weapon - Hoto
    Weapon - Hoto
    Armor - Enigma
    Boots - Grim spurs (30 frw, 20 fhr, 19 str 45/22/21 resists)
    Belt - Arach
    Gloves - Magefist

Charms 3 x skiller with fhr, 7x with 35+ life, 20/19 anni and 9x 70/15s

I've never tried 200fcr but I hear it's buggy unless you have a great connection, which I do not have.

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I actually have a pvp singer that I built, he does quite well - Hopefully the small bit of experience I have gained can be of use.

My gear :

20 fcr, 2 barb skills, 18 res all circlet with shael
    Amulet : 20% crafted ammy, no other good mods
    Rings : 2x fcr rings, one with ** mana, the other a magic with 107 mana
    Armor : Bp nigma
    Belt : arach
    Gloves : magefist
    Weapons : 2x wizspikes with 15% req jewels (will change these to 15% req/+30 light/cold res jewels, intend to have one set for light and one for cold)
    Boots : marrowwalks
    Charms : 20/15/9 anni, 5x warcry charms, one with 15 life

As you can see, I went the 200 fcr direction, and believe me, I do not regret it at all. My warcry damage is sitting around 1.1k, I think. I have 5.4k life, 1.4k mana - and that's with practically none from my charms. I think I have maybe 50 mana from small fhr charms with mana all told.

You really will lose vs. melee with this built. You simply can't avoid that. Unless they are poorly built, or attack slowly with something that can be interrupted, you stand no chance.

Hammerdins also give you a problem, since they typically have upward of 4k life. Also, I've found that Warcry seems to be blockable, which is an unbelievable pain.

In addition to being blockable, an amazon's dodge skill works against it. A javazon you WILL NOT win against. Stormsheild + dungo + 60% dodge + 75% block +3k life = you will take three hours of constant spammage to kill them. In that time, they've already killed you twelve thousand times, give or take.

The fun is when you play against pure casters... sorceresses, foh'ers (Watch the charge/smite on these guys!), poison/bone necros. Ever wanted to see one of them try to figure out what they're doing wrong? *Chuckles* Teleport on top of them, spam like your life depended on it. If they're non-block builds, so much the better. Darkforce necros are such pushovers it's ridiculous. You just have to get them before they get you... and with several frames to your advantage, so much the better.

If you go the 105 fcr/damage route, you will find that you drain your mana VERY quickly. If I remember correctly, a level 40 or so warcry costs 50 mana.. I think it's level +9 or something. That's an unbelievable amount of mana for 18k damage that can be reduced by stormsheild, blocking, pvp penalties, dodges... you get the idea.

If you go the damage route, I cannot stress this enough - you WILL need more mana. At LEAST 2k. I do quite fine with 1.1k damage vs spellcasters. However, I'm casting at one frame higher than you.

The advantage you would have, is that you have higher skills - which makes for a higher level leap. From what I understand, level 24 is a good target level for it. I didn't use leap myself... I regret that, now. I could really use it vs windys, hammerdins, trapsins and minion stack necros. But eh... this build is VERY thin on points, I realize this. Once I get a +2 barb/20 fcr amulet, I'll consider rebuilding with higher level Leap.

And I do recommend this : Leave BO till the very end. Max your synergies first. You WILL need the damage when you're leveling unless you're happy to simply act as support.

Also - I have a +3 war cry inherent barb helm delirium for trade if you need it, on East scnl. Though if you're using spirit, I assume you're ladder.. ah well.

6. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Your advice that higher level warcry means needing more mana is completely wrong. My warcry does 2.1k for 60 mana, yours does 1.1k for 40 mana. I need much less mana per duel than you do.

Level 24 leap is too high, 1 screen radius is level 15 I think (or is it 17?)

200 fcr is a fine route to go, just make sure your computer can handle it or else it's a waste.