Sincere condolences

HanShotFirst

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Sincere condolences

That’s disturbing . . . so you if what you said was accurate you could enter a trade game (or any game I suppose) and be instantly killed while standing in the center of town . . . yikes! I really don’t have anything constructive to add to Mr Bill’s post but was wondering if you took a screenshot . . . that would be very interesting to see . . .

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

Character name: ShoesOfSkin
Character level: 18
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Fishymancer
Game difficulty: Norm
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvP(if it qualifies as that)

Alright, I've lost hope in playing HC mode on Bnet. I simply joined a norm game, a level ** Pally hostiled me and I died from what I'm guessing was Holy Fire right beside my stash. I never left town, and took about 2 steps before I died.

What the hell happened? Hacks?
That's happened to me too... Except I had a lvl 7x fully decked MF sorc with Tals armor, shako and other juicies early ladder. I died next to the campfire. This was in hell.

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Krazeyivan said:
HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: TTT_OfficeLB
Character level: **
Character class: Barb
Character build: Zerker
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 5
Corpse looted: Yes
Death type: PvM

Was doing a few runs with some gaussers and I did the tele duties with this barb who was kitted (testing high end gear)
Just done a game where I ran into conviction, might and fant in the throne room and managed to clear with snakes and knights

This game I tele in to the top right corner next to baal to find 3 champion horodrim guys (they raise skellies from act 2) Forgot the names its late :p
Did not think much of it to be honest quieter than the last few runs.

I am not amped or anything no auras are visible and I have my BO - life is over 5k - switch weapons (from tele to eBOTD - SShield) just as i am surrounded and suddenly find myself with 15% life a fraction of a second later deeds - no chance of fat purple - I was shocked to see anything even make a dent in this top end gear- nigma, sol'd arreats etc etc

They (with me now dead) skuttle off at light speed to the left side of the screen (no auras showing still)
Got looted which was good - but the items that got lent to me COH (merc) nice skillers and 20 lifers are all gone - demonlimb,Bk ring etc etc

I can only assume that they got perfect rolls against me

Ahh well roll on 1.13
That's a real kicker dude, sorry to hear that, I knew I should have played d2after band practise instead of pub, then Becky, or that might not have happened in the alternate timeline!

Illulaguill

Diabloii.Net Member
Last Page

So, this is a new problem - so far Mobipocket files both DRM and not-DRM on my iLiad have been working just fine. But, today I opened a Mobipocket file Ive been reading, and it opened on the first page, and not on the last page read. Ive tried it a few more times, and this happened everytime.
I was wondering if anybody had the same problem, and if so, how it was solved?

p.s. This mobipocket file was created from pdf file in Mobipocket Desktop Reader.

MrBill

Diabloii.Net Member

Got really lucky and got Uber Diablo to spawn in my priv game! Was close battle but I obtained a 17/20/9 Anni and was really happy about it. Then I died in the next game on a Hell Andy run since I didn't drink my full rejuv. fast enough. So angry at myself!

Back to level 1 with nothing ... :thumbup:
That really suxx man, "ah feel your pain", as suffering through the terrors of being a solo Paladin in D2 Hardcore Hell is a favorite pastime of mine (I guess I'm a masochist)... but what actually killed you? I mean, if you were able to kill Pandemonium D, you must have been able to take some pretty substantial hits, right? Maybe low poison resist? (That's never a good idea around Andy.)

Cheers and gl on the rebuild

Mr. Bill

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

R.I.P dude, your Assassin was a killer beast and did not deserve to die to a damn sneaky Knight!

Loot means she will be back on her feet in no time but why o why didn't Blizzard implement a Merc loot so he could rock the Infinity again??!!??!

sahlakh

Diabloii.Net Member

R.I.P dude, your Assassin was a killer beast and did not deserve to die to a damn sneaky Knight!

Loot means she will be back on her feet in no time but why o why didn't Blizzard implement a Merc loot so he could rock the Infinity again??!!??!
RIP.

Don't get me wrong, but I think it's good that one can die even with that kind of equipment in a normal gameplay situation, without lag, etc. :)

A month after the reset, dying seems a bit too hard sometimes.

GL on rebuilding.

NDIII

Diabloii.Net Member

Not to mention that losing no equipment upon death effectively removes the only real penalty in hardcore because you can level to 80+ in 1-2 days of dedicated playing. It's the equipment that is most valuable until the 85+ levels where leveling speed noticeably drops off (for me anyway).

CrushingBlow

Diabloii.Net Member

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Pootah
Character level: 90
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Orb/TK
Act: 3

Cause of demise: Happily teleporting through Durance 2 when I got stunlocked and then GGed by dolls. First character of the season, untwinked with 0 fg to start and I managed build up a nice little setup with a Shako, perfect vmagi and other decent gear. You will be missed!

=============
Noooooo. RIP :(

If you need a rush or gear let me know.

I haven't been getting many caster drops, but I have a bunch of spirits/peasant etc. This is Mau btw.

Paladuck

Diabloii.Net Member

Noooooo. RIP :(

If you need a rush or gear let me know.

I haven't been getting many caster drops, but I have a bunch of spirits/peasant etc. This is Mau btw.
Thanks Mau :)

Luckily I hoarded some noob gear so I should be okay.

Roshi

Diabloii.Net Member

Character name: Roshi
Character level: 18
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Hammerdin
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 2
Death type: PvP

Hello all, just had my first HC death. Had a level 18 hammerdin, then a level 12 assasin joined the game, and declared hostile to all.

I met him at the arcane sanctuary WP , he was following me, I tried to run around him and kill him, he looked harmless, only level 12, then he killed me in 1 hit. GG to the assasin :)

Good thing I did not have anything to lose, this was just my second HC char (after my level 32 barbarian - still alive), now I know why 5 people left the game when he declared hostile. Only me and 2 others remained
---
Remade the character, died again at level 19, - entered a portal in the middle of the flame throwing demons near diablo. Was in alt-tab, someone was boosting, then I look back see a portal - enter :)

Last edited:

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member

Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 7 & 8)
Character name: TurnOnYourLights
Character level: 96
Character class: s0rc
Character build: light sorc
Act: act 3 sewers
Death type: pvm

Ouch! I feel for yeah.

Yogi

Atomium

Diabloii.Net Member

Today I lost Guardian Tomstone, a level 87 Elemental Templar, to a pker soso (Get-Good) in a Baal run. That is a fitting ending for such a wreckless fighter. He had a few scares already, when he saw his health bowl almost empty, once in the Flayer Dungeon, and a few days later in the Chaos Sanctuary. But he kept facing the dangers ahead and eventually defeated Baal, a feat none of my HC chars ever managed to accomplish before. So it is with pride and no regrets that I salute that great warrior.

The build was really fun to play. Certainly not the most powerful around (2500 Zeal dmg, and 4000 FoH), but maybe the most versatile I ever used, with his ability to inflict both physical and elemental damage in melee, and magical damage as a caster. I just loved it.

Regarding the reasons of his death, I believe I was getting too complacent. I haven't seen much pkers in public games, so I was not paying much attention anymore, even chatting with friends while participating in public Baalruns. I did not even noticed I had been hostiled (the sound was off...), and he was dead before I even realized something unusual was going on. That will teach me. :yes:

Zoi

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice RP'ing part! Don't feel too bad about it kid; the reset's just around the corner! ;)

wombataholic

Diabloii.Net Member

Character name: Icy_Biznatch
Character level: 68
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: untwinked ES/TK/FO/FW
Act: 2 Arcane Sanctuary

Only had a handful of near-death experiences, mostly due to teleporting into packs. It made me too cocky. I was trying to finish act II when I came upon a pack of vampire fireball dudes. I tanked about 10 fireballs, went to 1/2 life then deeds. Lost an Ist and Vamp. Gaze. Other than that, nothing irreplaceable. Time to start over, I'm thinking either MA assassin or Blizzard sorc.