Since when is smite blockable?

nSin

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure if assasin can block smite with weapon block (only when using two claws) I havent tested it yet, they can however block all attack including foh BH blizzard etc, only thing they cant block is splash damage, I think they cant block hurricane either.

I'm fairly sure that the exact same thing counts for amazons.

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
nSin said:
I'm not sure if assasin can block smite with weapon block (only when using two claws) I havent tested it yet, they can however block all attack including foh BH blizzard etc, only thing they cant block is splash damage, I think they cant block hurricane either.

I'm fairly sure that the exact same thing counts for amazons.
You may not be sure but I am. They can block smite.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=129210

7. Attack types blocked by weapon block
After patch 1.10 was released weapon blocks abilities was changed alot, now it no longer just blocks melee attacks but it will also block various types of elemental attacks, making it very useful against casters. Below is the list of elemental attacks that are blockable and unblockable.

Class-based Elemental Skill list(note: some monsters use the below skills, like Fetish Shamans using Inferno):
Chain/Lightning/Sentry/Phoenix Strike - Blockable
Wake of/Inferno/Artic Blast - Unblockable
Blade Fury - Blockable
Blade Sentinel - Blockable
Blade Shield - Blockable
Poison Nova - Blockable
Teeth - Blockable
Bone Spear - Blockable
Bone Spirit - Blockable
Blessed Hammer - Blockable
Fist of the Heavens - Blockable
Smite - Blockable
Fireball - Blockable
Firebolt/Hydra - Blockable
Phoenix Strike/Meteor - Blockable (only impact damage is blocked, residual flames unblockable)
Firewall - Unblockable
Blaze - Unblockable
Blizzard - Blockable
Ice Bolt/Frozen Orb/Phoenix Strike - Blockable
Fissure - Unblockable
Hurricane - Blockable
Molten Boulder - Unblockable

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
Since at least 1.09, Assassins using clawblock, have a chance to block smite.., no other class could do that. In 1.10 they still can block it. But in 1.10, it looks like there was a recent change that either bugged blocking so as to allow previously unblockable attacks, smite, bonespear etc, to be blocked, or a new feature allowing this but just getting noticed now..

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
sir goatscelot said:
Since at least 1.09, Assassins using clawblock, have a chance to block smite.., no other class could do that. In 1.10 they still can block it. But in 1.10, it looks like there was a recent change that either bugged blocking so as to allow previously unblockable attacks, smite, bonespear etc, to be blocked, or a new feature allowing this but just getting noticed now..
A good link to your information would be helpful. Thanks.

FallNAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
ROMVS: I know I'm not a big source or anything, but I am positive that in 1.09, C/C Assassins have been able to block Smite. This was the only "bonus" to weapon block back then. It was treated otherwise as a shield except they could block smite.

In 1.10, they are still able to block smite, as well as several other attacks, namely BH, bone spear, spirit, etc as listed above. I don't think anyone knows if this is intended or not, but it can happen.

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I wish I could point out where I got the info but it's just general d2 stuff I know.., from my own trails and others, as well as observations with 1.09 and 1.10. I also frequent the lurker lounge and the amazon basin so I pick up info from these sights as well. I know for sure 1.09 claw block worked for smite, and 1.10 still does also because I have done it. The blocking however is still modified by clvl and claw weapon speed factor I believe. This is why some people see Assassins blocking smite and some don't.

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
goldenfrog said:
No blocked smite today. I guess the game was just screwy.
All I can say is smite better be still blockable by weapon block or I'm gonna have one sad dual claw sin. =( I'm gonna try to test it with my friends when I get back on... in a WEEK!!! Ughh, cables companies install lines as if they were dial-up.

*Cyrus*

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I may have been out of things for awhile but I do remember my C/C Claw Block Sin blocking Hammers, Blizzards, and everything else...

I even recall blocking the 1.10 patch with claw-block, they had to manually patch me in to 1.10...

Soepgroente

Diabloii.Net Member
Perhaps it had to do something with minion stacking. I've heard such stuff elsewhere. This is of course only possible if the druid was using enigma.

Zero-unit

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello, I've been reading this and i have had a Dual claw Assassin for quite a while. For one in .9 Assassin could always block Smite and still can. And in 1.10 Dual claws can block even more including all Magic attacks and most Elemental attacks.

[email protected]~

TheCheese

Diabloii.Net Member
Well maybe the minions where interupting your smite???
You probably went into fhr animation before you landed the hit?????

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
TheCheese said:
Well maybe the minions where interupting your smite???
You probably went into fhr animation before you landed the hit?????
I thought smite is uniterruptable?