Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Since when did Act V become act II?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by OneKillWonder, Apr 1, 2004.

1. OneKillWonder

OneKillWonder IncGamers Member

Since when did Act V become act II?

I just got to Act V on NM and when I go out into the Bloody Foothills there are all these Skellie Archers and other Act II monsters. My friend just recently got to Act V on NM also and he had the same problem. Claw Vipers who cast bone spear and Saber Cats. I don't know if this is a bug or a bad install disc or what. Could someone please give me some info as to what's going on?

2. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

1.10 Happened man. It's most assuredly not a bug you are experiencing. If you haven't gotten there yet not only do you have to worry potentially about the nasty moonlords eating up your frail little sorcs on your way to the throne room but your melee chars now have to worry about being IMed by OK's. While much more interesting than .09 it is MUCH more dangerous down there. Especially when going it solo.

Kip

3. OneKillWonder

OneKillWonder IncGamers Member

Well I'll be damned. Thanks for the info.

4. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Few things in the game are more fun than Charging a Moonlord and being IM'd by an OK before you get there. If I ever figured out such a surefire one-hit-kill, I would be forbidden from all PvP games because other people might want a fighting chance.

5. hanskamp

hanskamp IncGamers Member

Noo, it is not a bug. BTW, I don't only see Act II monsters, also monsters form Act I and IV (Carvers (Carver Shaman's casts Glacial Spike instead of Fire Bolt), Afflicted type monsters (coming from Act IV), Vile Hunters, Oblivion Knights). There should also be Act III monsters IIRC.

Read http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5.shtml (especially the part with the title Guest Monsters).

6. Accaris

Accaris IncGamers Member

The random monsters deal in Act V is the worst aspect of 1.10. Not because its harder (though it can be,) but because it doesn't make any sense. Why not just give the normal enemies of Act V new abilities?

7. Damon_Othello

Damon_Othello IncGamers Member

It makes perfect sense, I have no idea what you are talking about. Up till now you've been fighting Andarial's, Duriel's, Mephisto's, and Diablo's hordes. All 4 of those commanders being dead, the hordes that survived have fled to Baal for support. Now they are all pitted against you as WELL as Baal's normal minions. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it, you defeat an army's general, that army goes back to another general and is redispersed.