Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Since when are barbs not entitled to MF?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ToRuleEmAll, Apr 5, 2004.

1. ToRuleEmAll

ToRuleEmAll IncGamers Member

Since when are barbs not entitled to MF?

Pre-warning: This is a bit of a rant generated by the ever more obnoxious, irritating, selfish little pr1cks that populate BNet.

So I'm doing a couple of baal runs with my barb to lvl a bit and kill time as this was a really boring weekend. After a few games in a good series, the soj counter gets started and people decide to stick to the game after baal is done.

Two guys move on to meph so I decide to give eldritch a shot. As I'm there minding my own business, a LF zon decides to jump into my mfing and "help" me out (as if I needed or asked for it). As Eldritch and his minions go down, a friggin leviathan drops! So being closer to it, I manage to grab it before the zon.

What follows is a series of insults that go all the way to my third generation both ways (dead and to be born). So in a nutshell, this moron clearly states to me that I stole his drop!!! :rant:

So ok, 1) I was there first; 2) never asked for or wanted any help; 3) delivered the killing blow to eldritch... What on Earth makes this moron think that he's entitled to the drop? Since when are barbs not entitled to MF?

I didn't even put the armor on just not to give the moron the chance to scan it with his MH. He kept asking me to wear it probably with the hope that it would be a low end one and that he could laugh at it. It was a medium one but I didn't want to give him the pleasure anyway.

What I found to be the funniest part was that he was the first one asking people to stay for the clone and I said I would help, even though I already have an annihilus on the barb so I wasn't even thinking of having a go at it.

Anyway, I'm getting back to priv playing for a while. The more I play pubs, the more I feel like quitting D2. Sometimes it feels like some parents decided to avoid having to educate their children and gave them computers so that they'd be busy with that. Well, I'm not going to do their job! :rant: Stupid people.

Thanks if you read this far.

2. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Thats so sad when people start to take for granted that if they help u they are entitled to actually take the item that a mosnter drops...it's all about who gets it first...there is no reason to start cursing and insult other players on battlenet just because they get the items first...it'a a part of the game and u should not take it so hard if u loose an item...it's not like it is the end of the world...

Nice find by the way!!! :thumbsup:

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i've seen it before for a shaftstop in a cow game. the guy who missed it, if they were in the same room, probably would have tried to physically attack the other person.

it's sad.

4. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

This is one of the reasons I dont play public games. And yes, Eldritch's drop was yours.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Typical public attitude.

Exactly the reason I do not MF in public games( If by some chance I decide to, then I stay unpartied and do not talk to anyone). I only do public Baal Run games for the exp. and even that is a hassle at times.

And Yes Eldritch's drop is yours.

Reminds me of another thing that happened on Saturday night :

Myself and a friend decided to do public Baal runs and I hosted the game. A few people joined, as there was no sorc, we ran it. SOme kid goes "It's this way, you are going the wrong way."

I say " How do you know that ??"
    Answer " MH "
    Me: Leave the game then.
    Him: NO.
    ME : I made the game and do not play with cheaters, leave now.
    Him : , what you dont want baal? I wont leave ..you leave.. so what you made game
    Me. ... Hell with this, (to my friend in game) "Follow me"

We both left and made a private series of baal games, 3 of my other friends join as well... We all got 8-10 levels in about an hour.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Double posted for some reason...

7. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

Laugh at all the mh users, griefers etc. They're all morons. I remember when baal dropped a unique sacred in a pubby. I was the one who had teleported, I was the one who had static'ed and brought him down to a sliver of health and in comes a conc barb and tries to jack the drop. I get the sacred armour and he goes: "OMG GIBZOR ME GAVE BO GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE MEA!"""!!!!!!"

.... him and everyone like him. .... em.

Drop was yours.