Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sin claw gambles

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Lyxtwing, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing IncGamers Member

Sin claw gambles

I have a 48 sin and when I gamble I still don't get any skills on the claws.

What level do I need to be for skills on claws?

What level do I need to be for trap skills on claws (1, 2, or 3)?

Drops: Same questions

2. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

It depends on the kind of Katar, only these can have +skills:
    -Scissor Katar (normal class)
    -Hand Scythe (exceptional class)
    -Greater Claws (exceptional class)
    -Greater Talons (exceptional class)
    -Scissors Quhab (exceptional class)
    And all the elite class Katars.

Also: Higher class item = higher chance at higher skills and a larger chance at +2 or +3 skills.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Everyone keeps telling me that Scissors Katars can have + to skills, but I have NEVER seen that. Until someone provides a screenshot with it, I refuse to believe it.

The rest is true, Hand Scythes and above can have + to skills (and have it more often than not).

4. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Don't blame you, it's not true, no matter how many people say it. :) Someone probably found a Entrapping Scissors Katar or something and got that mixed up with a +skill automod.

You are correct, Hand Scythe and up can have +skills. The full list: Hand Scythe, Greater Claws, Greater Talons, Scissors Quhab, Suwayyah, Wrist Sword, War Fist, Battle Cestus, Feral Claws, Runic Talons, Scissors Suwayyah.

For the gambler: a Hand Scythe is qlvl 41, I think that exceptional upgrades become possible when the gambled ilvl is at least the item qlvl, which means for any useful chance of a gambled Cestus being a Hand Scythe, you'd need to be level 46+ (possible from level 37+, but much less likely)

5. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

That is not true.

Number of skills: totally random, unless you are imbuing, in which case it is affected by character level.

Size of bonus (+1, +2, +3): totally random, unless you are imbuing, in which case it is affected by character level.

Level of skill (level 1, 6, 12 etc.): this one is affected by the level of the item. Not the item type, just the ilvl of that particular item - that is, the level of the monster that dropped it, clevel-5 to clevel+4 for gambled items, clevel+5 for shopped items. However, for assassin claws, since none of the normal nor lowly exceptional ones can have +skills, it is virtually impossible to get one which isn't in the highest bracket (ilvl 37+ = level 12, 18, 24 or 30 skills only).

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Well, I mixed it up a bit if that's true. My friend told me the explenetion above also set the skills to either +1-2-3, so it was based on the Mlvl. About the normal class katar, that info was taken directly from Arreat Summit, and I couldnt find another info source to verify so I was hoping they were correct for once ;)

7. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Ah, I was wondering why this error was being repeated so often, I should have known - that damned Arreat Summit. :)

I have emailed them a correction. :)