Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sin Assistance

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Dark Bushido, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Dark Bushido

Dark Bushido Banned

Sin Assistance

I have created a Sin in a regular playing group. She will be using Bow/Venom combination, however she will also be a hybrid trapper.

My initial thoughts are:

Code:
    *     20 Venom
    *     20 Shadow Master
    *     20 Lightning Sentry
    *     20 Death Sentry

All remaining points will be placed in synergies.

The only equipment certainty that I have is: Widowmaker.

Suggestions, thoughts?

2. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

A bow-sin has become a more popular variant of the 'off the beaten path' assassins and I'm sure if you use search you can find many many more bowsin threads that would be much more knowledgable than I about the build but here is what I'm thinking.

- Shadow Master only really needs 17 with +skills to reach her maximum killing capacity, so the only reason I see to max the skill is if you are looking for a really hardcore tank to stand up for you.

- Lightning Sentry is obviously a staple for a trapper however if you plan on using Death Sentry I really only think one point is needed because the CE is the same throughout all the levels. However, it obviously also provides a nice synergy for LS so maybe that is indeed the way to go.

- Seeing that you plan on using both I would suggest that as a weapon switch for your bow you shop Anya for 2x 3 Traps claws(or better, 3 Traps/3LS/40IAS would be super) and socket them with shaels to throw out fast traps before you weapon switch to your bow for the poison. This will make your light damage increase drastically and it only takes one press of a button to switch over quickly.

goodluck with the build
    phil

also just for future reference: is this for PvM or PvP?

3. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

If this is for PvM then get a might merc and equip him well and keep him healthy. And a few points in BoS to get the best IAS break point, 10 frames would match venom but if you can get 9 frames go for it, it's only 3-4 points for a widowmaker. Venom is nice but speed kills.

4. Dark Bushido

Dark Bushido Banned

Will do. Thanks for the lead.

That is my plan, to have a tough tank as I am not sure at how 'powerful' the Venom and Trap skills will be.

I am planning the 20 points as a Synergy. Additional points will be added to CS.

I take it traps are laid in tune with IAS?

Mostly for PvM with perhaps some PvP for fun. Nothing serious though in PvP

Do you know the exaxt number of points required to achieve the 8 and 9 fps attacks with Widowmaker?

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member