Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Simple Questions Summoner.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by BierWiser, Sep 21, 2006.

1. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

Simple Questions Summoner.

I was wondering if I could get these stats...

20 Skeleton Mastery
    20 Raise Skeleton
    1 Raise Skeletal Mage
    1+ Summon Resists
    20 Revive
    1 Bone Armor
    1 Amplify Damage
    1 to all Golem Skills, 5

Now, there's a few ideas I had. I could get 20 summon resists if that is really needed, then put the rest on a golem. What golem is best? Whatever golem is best, I could instead put the rest of the skills on that golem instead of summon resists. I dunno how useful that would be, though. If that's useless, I was thinking that I could put 1 on teeth and 1 on the skills that boost its damage. That way, I could help kill enemies while my minions attacked them.

So, basically, it's all the rest of the skills in summon resists, a golem, or having a point in each for teeth, then the rest in either summon resists, or a golem.

I will be using Beast and Enigma. The rest of the items aren't really needed for reference.

2. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

If you want to deal additional physical damage remember that Corpse Explosion is available to you, and is better than many magic spells IMO.

Fire Golem can be nice for the aura and elemental damage if you encounter physical immunes.

Iron Golem can provide a lot of damage and gives thorns aura to the entire party. Plus you can summon golems from weird items that spawn random mods.

Clay Golem can really slow down enemies, including bosses.

I would put 1-pt in each, if you can spare them, but only max 1 if you really like it. I would max Iron for the aura + the high damage.

You won't need max summon resist or max teeth IMO. Teeth doesn't deal enough damage and with skill bonuses 1 in SR is enough.

Also: Bierwiser check your forum inbox and reply to my message about your Viper Torc ammy. Thanks!

3. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Umm, there is no reason to add more than 1 point in revive. +skills will bring this up. Revives are only good for tele-stacking, which you don't need to do in pvm. Tele'ing on top of the monster will cause everything to attack at once anyway.

Instead of adding points to a golem, add to golem mastery instead. Clay golems are allright for slowing things down, but its not really needed. Iron golems are great because you can make one out of insight and let your merc use infinity, which lowers monsters defense by 92%, so you skellies won't miss. Also it has 40%cb, making big monsters go down.

And as previously stated, CE is a godsend. At least 10-15 hard points for radius.

4. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

max skele mages and use CE... with lower res, they are both very effective and deal a lot of damage. they round out your army and make nothing immune to you :)

5. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

ideally

20 mastery
    20 skeles
    20 raise skeles
    1 IG
    1 sum. res
    1 all curses
    1 revive
    20 CE

there is no part of the game you cant do

if you plan do use a good IG, add a few points from CE to golem mastery... maybe 5-10

with enough charms u cn have lvl 50 skeles/mages/msteries which deal a few k damage each, and rarely miss with or without infinity

go pure vit cause they only thing gettin through that army is spells that cant be blocked anyways

good luck

6. Mildayvin

Mildayvin IncGamers Member

FYI, the thorns auro on the iron golem does NOT apply to the party. it applies only to the golem.

7. BierWiser

Read this entire post. With good answers, I won't need to ask more.

With help from this...
    There's still the ability to put a lot of points in one more thing. Plus, I don't see a reason for 1 to all curses, only amplify damage, or decrepify. I think amplify damage is better, anyways. There's quite a few fire immunes in hell, and I don't really like the way to create an iron golem. So, I think I might stick with clay golem.

So, the skill layout:

20 Skeleton Mastery
    20 Raise Skeleton
    1 Skeleton Mage... is this worth being maxxed?
    1 All Golems
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Bone Armor... this was not listed, is it needed?
    1 Summon Resists
    1 Amplify Damage... is this the best?
    20 Corpse Explosion
    1 Revive... I thought this was good being maxxed.

This has a low total of 71 skill points, -12 from quests, that's level 59. I am still able to max out one more thing and put about 10 skills on another skill by level 89.

Now, revive can not be needed for some reasons. One, I think it's kinda annoying having to revive around 35 things that can sometimes not even be useful, and dissapear within two minutes. Then again, it's good against cows. I have two ways to go. 20 to skeleton mages, then the rest in revive, or the other way around. What's the best idea?

I am now leaning towards the idea of skeleton mages, that will help slow down enemies, and a lot of them can replace the lesser amount of revives, plus, they don't die over time.

8. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I like my mages. I usually stop at 13 skellies and 13 mages because that is what I end up with when i put mf gear on and forget to recast bo. And they don't ever die, as well as you have twice as many things attacking. They don't actually kill much on their own, but they do help out on the killing speed.

Revives are all but worthless unless you specifically want cb from maulers or telestacking in pvp.

My new method is to put all skill items on and charms on, then raise army, then go back to stash and switch out to ali baba and mf/res all ammy and then rock out and just work on picking up gold that drops. With baba, chancies and gheeds you get about 1500 gold per drop, and 10k or so for champions. Not to mention hella good mf, and your raises are just as strong as they would be if you were wearing your other gear.

9. BierWiser

Do skeletal mages help kill things, how important are they. Oh, and is amplify damage the best curse, or is there others. I am purely pvm, so I think that one curse should be needed, but which one if not amplify damage?

10. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

wow 20 in mages...20 in revives...ewww im sry but u really dont need that many with the plus to skills it should be more than enough...no bone armor isnt worth it if u dont max out the bone skills...IMO...i would say yes amp is the best curse in most situations and i only put ONE skill in it...and yes it takes a while to get the radius up there but meh...decrep for bosses..like if u have enough mages there will still be some damage goin through but like ur skellies will own then before the mages do anything substansial<--cant spell im sry... and i think mages on their own arnt anything worth while...

meh just my opinion dont kill me if u think other wise : /

11. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Skele mages suck. :/ Their damage is never up to par even with lower resists, besides its overrides amp too ! I rather use that potential corpse for a big big CE.