Simple leap questions

commandercool

Diabloii.Net Member
Simple leap questions

well right now im in the middle of building a pvp tele + ww barb and right now i only have 4 skills to max (Sword mastery, BO, WW, Shout, and some in natural resistance ~10). and i see alot of people talking about leap in duels and i have a few questions about it

Why should i use it in duels?
What classes should i use it against?
What level should i get it up to?

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
The thing about leap is it lets you knockback people really really far. Like 3 screens or more. And you need it at level 11. Before it gets effective.

jantsa87

Diabloii.Net Member
xpumafangx said:
The thing about leap is it lets you knockback people really really far. Like 3 screens or more. And you need it at level 11. Before it gets effective.

is that lvl 11 with +skills or is that the base?

Darknicrofia

Diabloii.Net Member
xpumafangx said:

thats not how leap works at all, it has a hidden knock back range that is effective to a radius, meaning anything within the knockback range will be knocked back slightly and be in hit recovery animation, leap actually knocks ppl back by less than 1 yard, but its the range that makes it good, at lvl 24 ish, u can have enough radius to cover the entire screen

yep. :p The knockback distance won't change, but the radius where you can knock an emeny back will. The purpose is not to knockback I guess... it's more like get the enemy in a 2x hit recovery animation. ;) So you can tele WW without being afraid of the... let's say sorc... dissapears :)

Regards ^^

morotsjos

Banned
commandercool said:
well right now im in the middle of building a pvp tele + ww barb and right now i only have 4 skills to max (Sword mastery, BO, WW, Shout, and some in natural resistance ~10). and i see alot of people talking about leap in duels and i have a few questions about it

Why should i use it in duels?
What classes should i use it against?
What level should i get it up to?
1) Puts your opponent in double fhr -> easy prey for tele/ww.
2) All. Works especially nice vs any caster.
3) ~22-24 with gear covers the whole screen. I maxed it for extra fun since bvc-barbs have spare points anyway.

I was just wondering... is there a maximum distance on leap? :) Just imagine in open b.net dueling a level 9 barb using level 9999999999999 leap... he could stand in stony field and knock you back while you were in blood moor. :p

mcm

Banned
MonsterSlayer said:
I was just wondering... is there a maximum distance on leap? :) Just imagine in open b.net dueling a level 9 barb using level 9999999999999 leap... he could stand in stony field and knock you back while you were in blood moor. :p
Yes, you can do that. Level 50ish leap is around a 2.5 screen radius. Yes this is a good team duel tactic (one barb on a team w/ level 50 leap, and level 52+ BO/shout/BC).