Simple/easy/fast way to set p8?

Pär

Diabloii.Net Member
Simple/easy/fast way to set p8?

Copy/paste doesn't work.
TextExpander doesn't work on the Mac (no surprise really).

Is there any faster way to reset the monsters on a map and re-set it to players 8 without doing anything illegal or modding?

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Simple/easy/fast way to set p8?

Copy/paste doesn't work.
TextExpander doesn't work on the Mac (no surprise really).

Is there any faster way to reset the monsters on a map and re-set it to players 8 without doing anything illegal or modding?
Is typing really that hard?
Also players setting should be saved as you S&E and then reload.

Kimppi

Diabloii.Net Member

If you mean after S&E and a new game, the player settings stay until you change the player count or quit the game completely.

Bah late, but here's some more info: If you type the same command, /players for instance something like ~10 times, the game will remember it after S&E and you can just press the up-key to bring the command up. Nice if you have to change the setting multiple times during a game, like me currently running Diablo for 99. After starting a new game I can just press up and enter while running to the wp to drop down from p7. Seconds saved!

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member

I don´t get it.

If you do runs, you don´t quit the D2 program and the players setting stays.

If you don´t do runs (like me), then what´s two seconds compared to a playing session that lasts for hours?

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member

I don´t get it.

If you do runs, you don´t quit the D2 program and the players setting stays.

If you don´t do runs (like me), then what´s two seconds compared to a playing session that lasts for hours?
This.

I honestly see no reason to have to "set it fast". I'm sure you mean something like you turn the game on and it's automatically at P8 without having to touch a thing, but I mean come on. Even I'm not that lazy.

Tanksaabas

Diabloii.Net Member

there is a small difference in /players x and /playersx , one keeps the px setting even after s&e , the other reverts back to p1 when you s&e

iirc , maybe I'm wrong

Kimppi

Diabloii.Net Member

There shouldn't be any difference between the settings.

Did a quick test and they worked the same.