Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

simple +3 trap claw question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by SoulTaker, Feb 22, 2004.

1. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

simple +3 trap claw question

does a 3 to traps claw require 50 str and 50 dex?
    thank you...

2. SCaVeNGeR

SCaVeNGeR IncGamers Member

depends on the type of claw, check the item database @ www.diabloii.net for requirements for different types of claws...

SCaVeNGeR

3. SoulTaker

i should have figured that on my own,
    ty for da info

4. SoulTaker

i just noticed theres 2 of these post.s..bah

alot of time the diablo furoms mess up, so i gotta press back n do this omnish shiznit...
    sorry for the 2 threads

5. fluid_death

fluid_death IncGamers Member

If you buy from Anya in Nightmare, most of the +3 trap claws have 50 or 55 str/dex requirements.

6. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

dffff

Depends on what type of claw it is, if I'm getting your question right here :scratch:

7. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

I think it mainly depends on which is the lowest claw that could spawn with + to traps. I know the low-end claws never spawn with +skills (Or I ahve never seen them) so could anyone answer that,

Which are th lowest req claws that spawn with + skills?

8. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Claws that spawn with the Cunnning Prefix (+3 to assassin traps) have a level requirement of at least 45. This means that only elite assassin claws (all besides suwayyah) can spawn this mod.

Elites that can spawn it:

Wrist Sword - lvl 46 - str/dex req = 105
    War Fist - lvl 51 - str/dex req = 108
    Battle Cestus - lvl 54 - str/dex req = 110
    Feral Claws - lvl 58 - str/dex req = 113
    Runic Talons - lvl 60 - str/dex req = 115
    Scissors Suwayyah - lvl 64 - str/dex req = 118

lvl = minimum level requirement for that item

so no 50 dex req claw =(
    i know that it might not make sense that the lvl requirement for +3 traps is for claws lvl 45 req and higher, but there also is no base lvl 45 req claw. 44 is the closest, and that is regular suwayyah.

9. SoulTaker

thnx for ur guys help, pretty simple question, but just to play it safe i didnt wanna go over wut was needed...
    ty doods

10. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

This is not true. I have 3 claws each of which with +3 skills to them. Two are cunning and one is shadow. They are all blade talons. These have req' of 50/50. I screwed up and let a Blade talons with +3 Traps and +1 LS go...should have snagged it from anya it was awesome....but you can get +3 claws in Blade Talons variety with a req of 50/50 (str/dex)....

11. MadTexan

MadTexan IncGamers Member

Yep, I've had the same--Cunning Blade Talons, lvl 45, str & dex 50.

12. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

You guys are thinking about two different things.

The thing with the lvl 45 and elite claws is for the +skills to one skill, like found on paladin scepters, necro wands, and sorceress staves. More (but still not much) info on this can be found on the areat summit and DiabloII.net.

The +3 to claws is a Magic modifier, meaning that it has nothing to do with the type of claw. It's the level of the moster that drops it or the char that buys/gambles it, that defines if a magic affix can come onto one of these. So any claws can have the cunning prefix. More info on this is found on The Areat Summit and on DiabloII.net.

So it's technically possible to find a claw with +3 to traps, and +3 to up to 3 individual skills. The odds are just really small ;).

PS, if linking to the areat summit is considered a crime :D, feel free to remove it or tell me...

13. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The +3 traps is an Item modifier and can only be found on items with an ilvl of 45 or higher as discussed. However Items of certain types as far as I know do not have set ilvl's. Its possible to get a katar with an ilvl of 85 for instance so you could effectively get a katar that could have the +3 traps modifier. If you want a really low req claw with +3 traps you could use a scissors katar (the first claw able to have +3 to 3 skills) at 55 str and 55 dex. However if you dont care about the extra skills then you could look for a katar with 20 str and 20 dex with an ilvl > 45. Gamble for those katars with a clvl 49 and you will always get atleast 45 as an ilvl.

14. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

That´s correst. Look at http://www.diabloii.net/items/modifiers/index.shtml and http://www.diabloii.net/items/item-generation.shtml
    Insane affixes can spawn on "scrapy", normal items found in high lvl areas. My best bow has been upgraded from a rare reflex bow found in act1 Hell

15. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

Again this is incorreect. There is a possibility to get +3 trap OR +3 shadow discipline in the BLADE TALONS variety which require only 50 strength and 50 dext. I let a really awesome one slip by that had +3 traps, +1 LS, and +2 (shock web). But these "CUNNING" and "SHADOW" claws can spawn in BLADE TALONS. These in turn can be acquired from anya....shopping them takes a REALLY LONG TIME....I have four!