Silks Of The Victor

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Silks Of The Victor

I'm thinking of doing some dedicated magic find runs to try and complete my collection of normal unique items. When looking at ATMA's drop calculator, I see that Baal is the only monster in normal that can drop Silks Of The Victor, however, when looking at the TC list in Doc's signature, I see that it is ilvl 42, and qlvl 39, which would mean that others should be able to drop it as well (for example Pindleskin and Nihlatak), so who can drop it, and what is it's qlvl?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
I would trust ATMA in this case (it´s almost never wrong!).

Silks of the Victor has qlvl 38, but an Ancient Armor in itself has qlvl 40 (therefore it´s in TC 42)

Pindleskin and Nihlathak both drop up to TC 39. Lister does as well (it doesn´t help that he is level 58).

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
As mentioned in the PM, Hell Meph dropped me a few. I reckon NM Mepth should have a bloody good chance as well.

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
I loaded up my sorc on magic find equipment, she's got over 550, and the merc has another 190 or so, and am going to do normal superunique runs.

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
normal baal's chance to drop silks is horrible. about 1 in 7000.
nm meph is about 1 in 600.
i got mine from hell meph at 1 in 800 ish.
nm meph is where it is at

Thadar

Diabloii.Net Member
I have to agree with a couple others here. I just got my first Silks on Monday with my Sorc and it was from none other than NM Mephisto. He is truly the one to go at if you are looking for one.

Cheers!

Thadar

hmmm way back in the days before atma i got my trappers silks offa normal baal along with a weird one, Atmas scarab(?!?!?!?!?!!?) dunno how that happened

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
PinkeyandtheBrain said:
hmmm way back in the days before atma i got my trappers silks offa normal baal along with a weird one, Atmas scarab(?!?!?!?!?!!?) dunno how that happened
What do you mean? Atma´s Scarab is one of the 7 unique amulets Normal Baal can drop. It has qlvl 60, low enough for Baal to drop it (just).

Its rarity is the same as most other amulets. Nice find, but nothing weird about it.

What do you mean 'before Atma'? She´s run her tavern since Classic...

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
Thadar said:
I have to agree with a couple others here. I just got my first Silks on Monday with my Sorc and it was from none other than NM Mephisto. He is truly the one to go at if you are looking for one.
I got my 3rd one off Hell Meph this weekend. That's in under 2 weeks.

Krikke

Diabloii.Net Member
Sir Lister of Smeg said:
I'm thinking of doing some dedicated magic find runs to try and complete my collection of normal unique items. When looking at ATMA's drop calculator, I see that Baal is the only monster in normal that can drop Silks Of The Victor, however, when looking at the TC list in Doc's signature, I see that it is ilvl 42, and qlvl 39, which would mean that others should be able to drop it as well (for example Pindleskin and Nihlatak), so who can drop it, and what is it's qlvl?
Dropped silks of a NM flayer yesterday

BennB

Diabloii.Net Member
My one and only Silks came from classic quite some time ago, haven't seen another since...

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
To answer the actual question... Silks are Ancient Armours, and qlvl 38.
Ancient Armours are TC 42.
To drop an item, a monster has to be able to drop a high enough TC and also have mlvl at least as high as the qlvl.

There are plenty of monsters in Normal that have mlvl 38 or more, but they cannot drop TC42 - Baal is indeed the only monster in Normal that drops that high.

Fortunately you only have to go as far as Act 1 NM, by then almost all monsters can drop Silks.

For a list of at least the Superunique and Boss monsters' TCs and mlvls, you can look here (also hosted for me by the Doc):
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tokusanya/Monsters.htm

jiansonz said:
What do you mean 'before Atma'? She´s run her tavern since Classic...
It means the months after i quit B-net but before i got "A tenshi Muleing App" (atma).
I ditched quite a few simidecent items(Atmas Scarab(Trapper), Hand of blessed light(trapper), Burzia Do-Kyanon(ww-drood))
i did not have enough stash space for many items along with my mf gear(i saved every topaz(still do)