Silently Dropping Yourself In Game?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Silently Dropping Yourself In Game?

How do you "silently drop yourself"? I've always thought that it was by Muting everyone and then exiting, but that doesn't seem to work...

Hmm..

Anyone know about this?

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
You have a horadric cube right? Walk to charsi, hold ctrl, and left click on your cube. Taadaa...

Edit: Ah what am I saying!? I mean. Go to charsi, open the trade window, hold ctrl, and left click on your cube. Taadaa...

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Raith said:
wow, you can sell the cube? :p
No you can't. If you try to sell the Cube, you get a C.I. and it also doesn't leave any quit message to others. Quite a nice trick when you want to sneak out of some game :D.

@Dennis_KoreanGuy My P.M. box has 10 slots, not 5 :p. And I am not a Pal.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
No you can't sell the Cube...

Talking to Charsi, open the trade screen, and left clicking on it while holding down Ctrl doesn't seem to work...

Are you sure about this?

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:
No you can't sell the Cube...

Talking to Charsi, open the trade screen, and left clicking on it while holding down Ctrl doesn't seem to work...

Are you sure about this?
You need to click on "buy" first, then on the cube...

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not just selling the cube that does it

Leohappy said:
No you can't. If you try to sell the Cube, you get a C.I. and it also doesn't leave any quit message to others. Quite a nice trick when you want to sneak out of some game :D.

@Dennis_KoreanGuy My P.M. box has 10 slots, not 5 :p. And I am not a Pal.
I found a rather interesting effect yesterday while switching a lot of items back and forth to and from my cube. Trying to make space to carry everything to the next Baal run (doing two-mans to level his sludgehammer and my double-thrower) I adjusted the last gems in the stash and had a flawless diamond on my cursor. I swept the gem over to the cube that's in my inventory like I do with everything else and pressed the button to eject it into the cube. I heard the initial start of the cube sound and immediately got a CI.

The first thing I thought was gamekill, but when the message cleared and I typed the game//pass I re-entered without a problem. The gem was on the cursor and I realized that that was the same exact thing that happens when you Ctrl-click sell the cube. So, I'm figuring that whatever occurs when you sell your cube can occur at other times and, quite probably, occurred long before that shortcut was created. This CI can be tripped by something else, and therefore this issue may have been a pre-existing condition with D2/Battle.net before 1.10, but was either never fixed or there was no knowledge that Ctrl-click selling quest items would trip it all the time.

Has anyone else had what appeared to be the same type of CI when they were merely using the cube normally? Could it be a residual effect from previously trying to sell it or is it more likely for it to have existed before the last patch and 1.10?