Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Silence-RW?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sleepybear123, Aug 10, 2016.

1. sleepybear123

sleepybear123 IncGamers Member

Hello to everyone,
    been a long time stalker on the forums, but this be my first thread :p

Haven't played D2 for years, but a few weeks back felt the irresistible need to do some holiday-MF-ing, so bought D2 and started up with a MF-oriented summoner, who is now lvl 86 and has reached act 5 in Hell. Along the way he has picked up some interesting pieces of gear and a few high level runes.

i only use ATMA for muling and don't use any RW-mods, but i have been somewhat lucky w runes as a Vex dropped some time ago in NM halls of vaught and found an Ist during a hell Meph run today, so Silence RW would be a possibility.

As i also found Arreats some time ago, the plan i'm contemplating atm is to start up a WW or Berserk barb and use Silence-RW as an endgame weapon (as i don't use RWM and my third-highest rune is LEM, my choices are quite limited as Passion would be my second-best option). Would Silence get me through hell on say p3/5 and allow for some decent MF-ing with skullders for example?

2. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

Welcome!

The Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25% might drive you crazy on a melee weapon. On a Bowazon, Silence is pretty decent, but I'd wait for better runes if I were you.

3. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I couldn't agree more with @ioupainmax , the 25% flee has driven me demented in the past. There is one caveat though, I have dabbled with the idea of using silence on a Rabid Wolf. The idea of my enemies running off to their doom, infecting passers by as they go really appeals to me for some reason.

ioupainmax and pharphis like this.
  4. sleepybear123

ok, thanks for the input, thats what i was afraid of, that 25% flee would ruin it, so i'll save the runes for now.
    Gearwise am still very poor, Arreats and Reapers Toll are the only good items i've found so far (necro still runs with a rare +2 sunken head and a shopped wand), haven't found anything good for bowazon or druid yet

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It might be useful on an act 3 merc, when not using RWM, else a Spirit sword is probably better because it offers so much FHR.

6. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Hi Sleepybear, and welcome here :). Congrats on the finds so far. Better gear will come eventually.

Any reason you aren't using the RWM? I think it's fun to have access to all runewords, but of course to each their own.

ioupainmax likes this.
  7. sleepybear123

Haven't installed any RWM-s yet mainly because of laziness, also don't have too many HR-s nor does my rare-equipped summoner desperately need any lower level RW-s, but will have another look at RWM-s once i finish Hell with him

PS is it just me or does 1.14 drop runes uber-generously?
    From days past, i don't remember seeing anything higher than a Io rune (think i finished Hell with 2-3 chars)

8. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Rune drop rates got significantly increased in 1.13. There haven't been any changes in 1.14 that I'm aware of.

9. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I will be making Silence in a +3 Skills Matriarchal Spear / Pike when I decide which to go for. Will be in use in an upcoming Spearzon.

Save the Vex for Heart of the Oak. Kingslayer or Crescent Moon are decent Vanilla runewords.

ioupainmax and pharphis like this.
  10. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

+1 to what maxicek said. HOTO in a flail is a great universal caster weapon.

ioupainmax likes this.