:Sigh:

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
:Sigh:

The Bush administration is at it again. "We can't let the detainee's talk to anyone about what happened to them, because terrorists could then find out how to counter our 'alternative interrogation methods.' You don't hate America, do you?'

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you becoming a liberal Mod? Do you want to give up National Security Secrets in our quest for victory in the War on Terrorism? Are you advocating for the rights of "terrorists" or our methods of torture needed to obtain information?

I'm shocked ... just shocked at you apparent position on this thread. <sarcasm>

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
Its like reading it out of some moronic, sarcastically funny book. Then you realize people actually back that stuff up.

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
There is something to be said for the reasoning. If they are aware of the technics used, than they can better learn to resist them. That implies that the terrorists have the ability to adapt. "Why don't the interrogators also have the ability to adapt" is the question that needs to be asked and answered.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
There is something to be said for the reasoning. If they are aware of the technics used, than they can better learn to resist them. That implies that the terrorists have the ability to adapt. "Why don't the interrogators also have the ability to adapt" is the question that needs to be asked and answered.
That's a drain on US resources, you savage heathen! How dare you even think to suggest that the United States should be lax in their protection of their secrets, and make up for any potential leaks after the Terrorists have learned to counter them!

I'm shocked and apalled that anyone would think that this motion is for anything but the betterment of the United States, and that the administration has anything but the best interests of it's citizens in mind. Shocked and apalled, I say!

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
But everything is a threat to the Bush administration, I begin to think.....well they can turn everything into a thread.
How do you stop people from talking anyways?
.....don't think I want to know, come to think of it.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
There's a BBC show, for children, which is half informative half entertainment, called "Only in America". I've never quite managed to figure out whether that's a cynical title as in "you won't believe the weird things we see here!", or just that they really mean they show things you won't find in Europe, without being cynic.

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you becoming a liberal Mod? Do you want to give up National Security Secrets in our quest for victory in the War on Terrorism? Are you advocating for the rights of "terrorists" or our methods of torture needed to obtain information?

I'm shocked ... just shocked at you apparent position on this thread. <sarcasm>
I'm a moderate, just so you know.

Bortaz

Banned
With as many "moderates" as you see on the internets, you'd think they'd hold more offices. I question the veracity of some of you who deem yourselves "moderate", as a large majority of the united states electorate do not vote for moderates.

In other words, if the number of "moderates" you see on the web and in coffee shops is a true representation, why then are only Dems and Reps elected? (Yeah, I know there's 2 or 3 "independents" in national office)

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
With as many "moderates" as you see on the internets, you'd think they'd hold more offices. I question the veracity of some of you who deem yourselves "moderate", as a large majority of the united states electorate do not vote for moderates.

In other words, if the number of "moderates" you see on the web and in coffee shops is a true representation, why then are only Dems and Reps elected? (Yeah, I know there's 2 or 3 "independents" in national office)
Eh? Who else claims to be a moderate here? And Bort, Dems and Reps get elected because they have a much larger base. I'm not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that there are a lot of moderates just lying around.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't mind them being evil nearly as much as I mind having my intelligence insulted along the way.

"Techniques". And no, the question that needs to be asked and answered is "How stupid do you have to be to think that this is a good enough excuse?".

Hurry up, 2008.
Yeah, assuming the candidates in question offer actual alternatives and don't just mouth a lot of political crap and then go right ahead doing the same thing as the last guy.

Any idea who you'll be voting for yet?

Aren't you confusing "moderate" with "independent"?

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
Dondrei said:
Yeah, assuming the candidates in question offer actual alternatives and don't just mouth a lot of political crap and then go right ahead doing the same thing as the last guy.
I'm not holding my breath

Dondrei said:
Any idea who you'll be voting for yet?
candidates aren't really selected until spring

Dondrei said:
Aren't you confusing "moderate" with "independent"?
he is, but lots of people on these forums do too

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not holding my breath
I wouldn't be either.

Icandidates aren't really selected until spring
Yeah, but that doesn't matter to a lot of people.

Ihe is, but lots of people on these forums do too
It's quite understandable given the nature of the two main political parties these days. Mind you, just because non-independents aren't moderate doesn't mean one should mistakenly think independents (not to mention third party candidates) are.