Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sigh... Flaming from some "veteran" users in Necromancer Forum...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by wc3promet, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wc3promet

wc3promet Banned

1) I made some factual remarks that sort of like dented their EGO. For example:
    a) Many if not most monsters in Hell Difficulty have 50% Physical Resistance or 50% Magic Resistance or even both.

They claimed that I said "ALL" and started flaming me.

2) I added that Hammerdins "Blessed Hammers" spell is better than all of Necros' Bone Spells because of its ability to "IGNORE UNDEAD & DEMON RESISTANCES".

They argued that I said all Magic Dmg related spells are useless.

3) I also added that Amp + Thorns dmg will not work to be able to necessary kill off all Monsters in Hell Diff.

That resulted in even more flames.

4) I made a remark about the weakness of Pure Skellymancers with only Pure Skeletons and not maxing Corpse Explosion in Hell Difficulty Worldstone Keep.

5) Also poked at Blizzard's inefficiency to deal with Diablo 2 Bugs.

6) The moderator Dark Knight appears to be placed in a difficult position over this matter because of the dominant force of "veteran users". His conclusion would be to ban me if I further incur the wrath of these "veteran users".

7) I challenged them to take out all of my older posts which dealt with the Topics 1) to 4) if they want to prosecute me. Persecution more like it.

2. wc3promet

wc3promet Banned

PS: The veteran users in the Necromancer Forums should refrain from Verbal Obscenities

3. Deathwing

Deathwing Banned

Next time summon the voodoo magic of "clicking on the right button" or at least edit your second post. The only way to really sort out the necro forum would be to get someone like Justibone back.

4. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Ahh don't worry about those skinny, frail old little man. If it were up to me I'd ban ALL necromancers from Battlenet. They lag the whole game, they can't kill anything with their minions, and since you can't do anything cause you have 1 FPS, they slow down the game to a crawl. You can't tell the difference anymore between friend and foe. Everything looks like an enemy and you attack everything.

Then there's the bonemancer, finally not a necro that lags me. You think that they might be partly friendlier. Ah yes, almost. These are the fellas that go berzerk with their crappy bonewalls, resulting in the same problem as Skellymancers: Nothing dies anymore because no one can go anywhere. Mercs start dying because they are trapped. They can cast 5000+ of their spirits and still nothing dies.

Then they now have the popular Vampyre form, which I won't comment on too much apart from the fact that it looks rediculus... More enemy confusement...

I avoid Necros and their forum like the plague. Their skin color can't be natural, they must be sick and I think it's contagious. My advice, stay away...

5. GIR

GIR Banned

I don't know man. Keep in mind that I don't "belong" to any particular forum on this board. I annoy everyone, everywhere.

If you're refering to your post about a Skelemancer's ability to kill in the WSK, I really didn't see any flaming. They told you about their experiences using that particular build, and that they've encountered little to none of the problems you've proposed. They also explained the skills you proposed were essentially worthless, in fact, are useful in actual play.

Being in the forum that they are, they would be the ones that know this stuff, and it also seems that you've done all your hypotheticals on paper, and haven't actually played the build up to that point yourself.

Grow up. And to be honest, there's really no need to be bringing gripes from one forum to the other. This would have got you a prompt week-long banning on another board that I frequent.

6. wc3promet

wc3promet Banned

Hmm... I have a experience of using a Skellymancer in Battle.Net. I even have trial Skellymancers in Single-Player games. I never said that Skellymancers are that lousy.

Trust me they bit and gnaw at every of my suggestion, misquote my information. "All" is different from "Most" and "Many".

7. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

I seem to remember reading your posts in there...

Bzz, wrong. Very very few monsters have over 50% Magic Resist in Hell. Quite a few have at least 20% Magic Res though...

Physical Resist is commonplace in Hell, although there are a good number of monsters with only 10-15% PDR. As much as 50% as only seen in around half or so (can't check the exact numbers without painstaking counting).

Well, yes BH is better than BSpear/Spirit in PvM, in that sense... maybe posting 'BH > Bone spells' in the Necro forum isn't a very smart thing to do. I assume you're familiar with the term 'trolling'?

...Amp + Thorns should be seen as a backup rather than a main skill, but it's still got some potential.

?! How many people, exactly, are going to have ONLY Skeletons by Hell WSK? You don't need CE, you can go with pure Summoning (Skeletons, Revives and Golem), although Oblivion Knights will be trouble. CE can still be used as a 1-point wonder though.

As I do frequently :)

See my comment about 'trolling' above. Posting deliberately inflammatory material isn't usually a very good idea...

If you don't like it here there are always other places to go.

8. GIR

GIR Banned

Again, assuming that I read the thread you're refering to... When you post something, you're leaving it open for discussion, (actually, isn't that the point of posting in the first place?) and as many different people that there are that read it, there's that many different opinions/experiences to share, and share they will given the opportunity and proper motivation. Also, some things that work for one person really well, may not work for another. There's many factors involved such as stat point placement, equipment, skill point placement, and probably most important, style of play, how they handle their characters, etc.

I think the problem here is that your ego got bruised by people having differing opinions, and not being shy about sharing them. Well, not everyone is always going to agree with you, on this board, or in life. If you can't handle that in an adult manner, you're not going to get very far in either of those two places.

Ok, looking back at the thread, let's take a look at the following...

(Text bolded by me)

You asked people to comment on it. I saw no instances of anyone being rude to you in that thread. Just people sharing different experiences, which didn't happen to coincide with what you thought. Get over it.

Now, instead of taking people's differing opinions like an adult, you retort with this:

Instead of acting like a reasonable person, and writing back maturely why you thought/said what you did, you respond with something as obnoxious as possible. And you expect people to take you seriously/show respect when you do something like that? If you can't handle everyone not agreeing with you, kindly click the little "X" in the upper right hand corner or your browser of choice, and avoid all contact with anything sentient for the rest of your life.

9. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

Well I have to agree with you on all these points EXCEPT 4. Skellimancers do not need CE in Act 5 Hell. In fact, my Summoner can solo Baal in an 8 player game (and CE is totally useless in an 8 player game).

10. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

So you're trying to alienate yourself in the Community forum as well, or does this thread have a point?

11. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I think you've got the point right there, mac :)

12. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

I think he is trying to mobilize the forces of good against the sick frail old men. I'm afraid however that now that sickness is going to spread everywhere. I adviced him to stay away because it's contagious, but nope no one listens and now... the sick frail undead men are invading in here too.

Sarcasm intended... but Necros still suck :p

13. GIR

GIR Banned

I've read a few threads in the Necromancer forum now. Apparently he likes to come off as some number-crunching-know-it-all, but comes up short on most every occasion, and seemingly makes himself a general nuisance. (Hey, look, I defined between all/most/many!)

What's really funny is that after he posted this thread, he went back to the Necromancer forum, and made another thread there, and hung out there for a while.

14. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

wc3promet dont try to come off all innocent, i recall you refering to people as "ignorant masses" in your threads thats just BOUND to get someone angry at you

15. GIR

GIR Banned

Oh wow. Was he the one that did that? I remember that...

16. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I agree. I've read this thread he's mentioning and I see just people wanting to discuss with him, not trying to be mean to him or something like that.

17. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

As should everyone in all the forums :)

But honestly the best place to knock necro's, isn't the necro forum, wouldn't you say?

Unless you were looking for a heated debate (flame war) ;)

Just my opinion, and opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one most stink.

18. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

In response to your #7, as you know (or should) the message boards have changed since your very first "I know all about everything Necro's post" so no one can bring back that link to you. Because it's been locked.

You start something on one board and come to another for moral support.

Maybe you should try coming off less as an "know all about everything" and accept that maybe you are wrong in some ways...and right in others.

HoS

19. Dark Knight

Dark Knight IncGamers Member

When I come into a thread that has something like [ATTENTION IGNORANT MASSES] in the title, with some mad/random assertion inside that is actually wrong, and saw that the thread has gone downhill from there I posted something along the lines of "D'oh" and closed the thread.

Then it happened again, maybe even twice on a different topic (skeletons I believe), with the same anti social attidude present. So I closed your thread with a more obvious warning.

...And now this.

I do not think you are compatible with these forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.