Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

sick of phys immunes and mana burn.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Superhal, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

sick of phys immunes and mana burn.

any suggestions for a non-leech dependent build? i'm sure it's possible with barb, as i've done it with necros, sorcs, zons and pallys.

except for the zon though all of them were able to kill without using their wep, and barbs aren't effective like that.

off the top of my head, i think a double swing barb can get by mana-wise, but health would be an issue. a double throw barb can deal with health and mana, but phys immunes will be a big problem (i would imagine even zerk would be ineffective without melee mastery.)

what about a dr/block zerker? even 1 tir rune somewhere would allow near constant zerk. max resists, shaft/harle, max block?

2. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

Keep one row on your belt devoted to mana potions. If you quaff a full rejuv you will get 1, maybe 2 swings before you get drained again. Since mana potions are time released, you may get drained, but you won't stay drained and will be able to get your attacks off.

I use no leech either mana or life - i do have a bit of a drinking problem tho *hic.

3. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

If I'm not mistaken, even regular mana potions will get completely burned when hit. It is time release, but will still get the total amount it gives burned the moment you get hit.

4. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

yes mana burn are a big pain. The worst PI+mana burn can also fly and overlap, so 20 can be hitting you at once.
    Another pain are Fanaticism + extra fast + mana burn packs.

If you can take the damage, beserk is a low mana cost spell, but IMHO getting damage goes to mana is more important than mana leech. I use Tal Belt + Armour for the 37% damage goes to mana (and the 10% faster cast speeds up horking). This also helps vs non leechables.

What I also do is long WW from edge to edge since the mana burn does not stop your WW in flight, if you stop away from the monsters you can get enough mana to WW again.

My merc also uses a weapon with % chance to cast Amplify Damage which break the Immunity.

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Beskerk is a god send vs. Physical Immune and mana burn. 4 mana, huge (magic) damage

For a mana leech less build, choose Beserker, because he can't leech any way

6. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

You are mistaken. Your mana will get taken to zero, but the potion will keep on doing what it would do regularily.

7. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

2 lacerators+double throw+razortail. Constant amp triggering allowing u to kill PI's which have been amped and those that arent are fleeing from u.

8. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

ah, interesting. how many dt's does it take you to kill a typical a4-a5 phys immune after amp?