Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sick Of It

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Dahkar, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Sick Of It

Im really sick of all these anti pk- pk threads, if someoen needs helps with there pk build, i dont think that calls anywhere for anyone to vent there feelings on pks, all he wants is help with his build, not a flame war. If you dont like pking then theres a simple answer, IGNORE PK THREADS. Its not that hard, i really believe you guys want flame wars.

2. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

Werd, agreed, foshizzled. Enough is enough, these people are just plain out annoying. I hostile someone in a game cause they are calling me a, and i quote: "pussy *** *****, comon!". Sorry for the swears zappa im just quoting someone. SO, after the hostile , 9 out of 10 immediately call me a "pussy" and wont go out to spar/duel me. Then complaining about it and destroying threads is a whole other thing. Most of them hate it because they are the ones getting pked and they think its "unfair". They know its out there and it's easy to avoid it. They are the ones who need to rethink what they are doing...its a game and they bring ethics into this?!?!? More of a joke if you ask me.

3. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

Got kinda ot there, huh Breakthrux?

I agree, Dahkar - I was annoyed when Barry's thread got hijacked. Pking does seem to get people emotional. :scratch:

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

*goes and scrolls down*
    Icky his thread did get hijacked...that's very much too bad, it was a good read =(

5. p-ball

p-ball Banned

*sees thread that mentions pking*

POPCORN... GET YOUR POPCORN HERE.

6. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

I have been on these forums a long, long time. Long before Zappa even played HC much less modded the HC Forum. So when I see someone flame Stephan, well, it just reeks of noob. That bear has contributed tons to the game, his knowledge of builds is overwhelming, and if he writes a guide I am going to read it both for content as well as entertainment.

I totally agree with this thread starter. Zappa has uber patience. I would give warning for flame and ban on second occurance. Hehe, guess that's why no one ever asked me to mod here!

7. Rekk_Dalton

Rekk_Dalton IncGamers Member

Unfortunately the vast majority of pkers ARE cowards and bullies claiming that a fight is fair because they are lower level. The VAST majority of your targets, while they may be twice your level, have at most 1/3rd or 1/4 your life and even less of a damage. I personally enjoy pking (though i have not yet though i am building a pker sorc for norm baal (lev 19)). However, if i see one more charger w/ a eth maul in my arcane leveling game i'll snap (though i've killed 3 of these by bringing in a high level character and laughing when they hostile and get one hit killed by might merc). In my opinion, i dont find pking fun unless there is actual risk of dying against the people i'm hunting.

8. SLs-Tai

SLs-Tai IncGamers Member

ahh, but you're ignoring some of the best aspects of d2 PvP, the pks make a cookie-cutter build, so you bring in a semi-cookie that's designed to gather their ears (such as a well built jabber or kicker against a charger) and quite frequently the pk will insult you for having to go get a cookie cutter pkk to beat them.

in all honesty this happened to me the other day, lvling a lvl 16 assn, when hostiled by an eth snap charger, quick tp, got a good look at him (no mh just easy enough to spot) said id brb and grabbed my lvl 26 kicker, got in a pair of good kick cycles after blocking his charge and got to listen to him rant about unskilled cookie builds as i scooped his ear.

at least i can give him credit for no chicken

cheers
    -tai

9. MoUsE_WiZ

Bah.
    They're hijacking the anti-hijack thread now...

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Did you really expect any different?

11. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

I find hijacking goes best with .... wait for it ..... COOOOOKIES!!!!!!!! :surprise:

I agree with all of the above on one level or another or possibly I agree to disagree with some of it.

That all said and done - I started out anti-pk and violently so, I even flirted with the ban stick I think but Zappa took pity as it was like my 3rd or 4th post.

(please stay tuned for the Cyradis 12 step acceptance program)

1) get pk'd or see your friend pk'd or hear about pk
    2) restart your char in feelings of greif and bitterness
    3) allow the anger to fester as your new char needs all the equip you just lost and you are basically back at the beginning
    4) die a few times since you were hurrying an under equipped char to get to the place you died at
    5) join the dii forums for ideas and strat tips
    6) see a pk thread and read it while envisioning your poor dead char
    7) make voodoo dolls of the pk'ers whose posts you are reading
    8) vent your spleen using naughty words and generally make a fool of yourself on as many levels as possible
    9) read your e-mail from our fearless moderator telling you to stick a sock in it and watch your language (ok not his exact words)
    10) realize you were out of line and read more pk threads to see why you overreacted like that
    11) come to grips with the fact that many pk'ers are decent people with excellent game knowlege to offer and funny posts to read
    12) hate the sin love the sinner as they say ... and no I don't mean LOVE ... honestly what kind of girl do you people take me for?

There - that is how I became the happy well adjusted spam fest you see today.

just my eighteen cents.

12. MoUsE_WiZ

Not one bit...won't stop me from saying BAH!

Oh, and it's ok for cyradis to hijack...she's good at it ^^

13. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Well I'm sick of Pk losers.

Take this weekend for example. Spent an hour in pubby Act 2 games (Sewer, Staff, Duriel) trying to quest and gain experience. In 7 different Act 2 normal games, the same level 41 PK Paladin, kept entering the games and hostiling all us level 10-20 players. Even comments stating how pathetic he was had no effect on him.

I think situations like this cause anti-PKers to be so vocal of their loathing of PKers in general.

Yes I am familiar with many of the honourable PKers on this forum. Pity you are such a minority compared to the oh so may loser Pkers on Bnet.

NOTE : Yes, in the games I made I used a level restriction of 40, to keep the Pally out, but I'm not the only one making games.

Regards
    Syxx

14. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

"Pking does seem to get people emotional."

Spero: It's not that strange actually. Those people love this game. It's surely one of the best game I've ever played (barring a few mid-90's goldies) and it has given me countless hours of fun.

Now, how often does one of these game pop up? Not very often. So, Imagine that alot of those who have found their "gaming love" *hate* the fact that there is a Hostile button in the game! To them, that's the one little simple flaw from making the game to end them all. Of course they get frustrated!

With all the time I've spent on Diablo through the years, I'm pretty damn glad that I'm not a fanatic nay-sayer to PK. Had I been, I'm sure m feeling would have been very different. It's about understanding. So, these over-heated feelings, which indeed can seem a bit out of hand sometimes, are really quite understandable. That's what makes up for the unpresedented bad logic that gets spouted out all the time when not accepting that Blizzard made their game as they wanted it.

The simple answer is: Frustration. And an attempt on illustration would be: "It could have been sooooooo good... *sniff*".

15. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

CYRADIS although you have about 270 posts up until a few days ago i never saw you post. You have some very witty responses that always make me laugh. Keep it up

16. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

In terms of the "in game" game aspect of PK-ers, they are just another monster you have to deal with. No one here got frustrated when someone started "I died to an MSLEB AGAIN" or "MSLE sucks" threads in 1.09. No one here got mad at all of the threads when 1.10 was new about "I died to an FE monster AGAIN" and "FE sucks".

Why? Because the game can't make a rebuttal. The game can't say, "Look, Blizzard intended me to be in here. If you don't like dying to lighting, wear a LS and a Thunder God's Vigor and STFU". But a PK can. They can make rebuttals all day long. And when someone comes here and complains about losing a character to a PK, a number of the PKs seem to take it as a personal insult.

Well, no one likes to lose a character. And no one likes to be told to "STFU, it's part of the game", even though it is. Sometimes a little empathy and sympathy go a long way.

TM

17. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Level 40 characters should not pick on level 10-20's. Its pathethic. If you want to pk at least do it at your own level or higher. I alwaysenjoyed wiping out the wanna-be level 40+ with no PvP gear bent on killing low levels.

edit: I forgot this, and I wanted to say this for quite a long time: PK-ers are not all 10 year olds who jack themselves off behind the keyboard. Some are quite respectable, have friends, a good social life, girlfriends and are very happy with their life. They simply enjoy another aspect of DII.

18. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Baranor,
    I quite agree. But as I said many moons ago, the line is so blurred between "trick" pk'ers and those that challenge / hunt that those who have even the slightest aspects of respectability and honor are surrounded in a sea of said 10-year-olds.

19. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

I, for one, get extremely aggravated when I hijack a thread and and people absolutely are determined to go back to the original purpose of the post.

20. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

13) Become a PK!