Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

sick friends

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mischa, Mar 27, 2005.

1. mischa

mischa IncGamers Member

sick friends

what the hell do you do when you havn't logged on for a month and most of your friends have turned on you?... grrr... i came back to bnet after like a month and i got some luck in trading and got a soj.. i know i'm not so rich so one soj is worth a ton to me... so i wanted to xfer it to one of my better characters... so i asked my friends to xfer something for me really quick and toxic_rock_star (please pester him on east non-ladder realm ^.^) which i thought was one of my friends at the time.. because we were good buds before i left for a while.. so he said he would help me xfer.. so i made a game with a pass and all.. and he came to it.. we were like what's up how's it goin long time no see kinda stuff right? then i'm like ok xfer time brb and drop the soj and as soon as i get back with the other char which is like 3 seconds later i pop up on the screen see no soj and see him dissapear.. after that he signs off and my other friends are laughing.. and one wanted to make fun of him so i gave him tox's name and all.. and so i signed off for the day.. anyway i came back today and he's just laughing at me.. so i made this thread so people could talk about what happened to them that includes friends stealing from them.. also we can all discuss what we can do about these situations ^.^ i hope you enjoy your stay! heh.. ^_^'

2. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

I was once in a similar situation. what happened was there was 4 of us all friends (or so we thought). then one dropped anni, hoto and soj so he could xfer. all of the sudden this other guy picked everything up and just up and left. My suggestion to you is from now on xfer by yourself. Here's how u can do this: first open a game with the char you have the stuff in and password it. then wait 5 minutes (or a little longer). u can kill meph and andy to make the time go by quicker. After that time goes by drop the items and change chars and pick the items back. I find this to be the safest situation because you dont have to worry about "friends" taking your items away.

as for your lost soj? just think about it as an xpensive lesson :(. hopefuly you can find another one soon. meanwhile I'd suggest you remove him from your buddy list since he's no friend.

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

always test the game before you drop the items by leaving ... waiting for 30 seconds or so .... then re-entering, and if bnet is acting laggy for you on that particular day or time .... just wait til later to transfer.

4. Killax

Killax IncGamers Member

k after reading all that, i guess i wont transfer items with my 'bnet buddies' anymore, its just none of my real friends play d2 anymore so big pain in the..:\ sorry bout the lose

5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i have 2 friends met on the realms that i fully trust. everyone here from the forums that ive xfered with, i trust 200% ;)

one of those 2 buds trusted me with a near perfect anni, and the other i trusted with my enigma + maras

then i dropped my whole rune mule in front of ash housewares :p

6. el_fuego

el_fuego IncGamers Member

i would have to agree with voice because i almost lost an soj when i was xfering by myself when b.net was lagin on me for a little

7. Nappy

Nappy IncGamers Member

Damn... i've never met an evil person like that, backstabbing their friends. That probably means im lucky eh? If only u were on west NL a few days ago i had quite a lot of frees '_~