Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sick as a dog Wednesdaily :(

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by neumein, Apr 30, 2008.

1. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Sick as a dog Wednesdaily :(

RL: Turns out walking to work when it is 6 degrees celcius is not a good idea. As a result, I have an absolute :censored: of a cold, and it looks like its gonna hang around for a couple days. On a positive note, I get a couple days off work :azn:

D2: Maybe. Might work on my new Bowazon, maybe the Zealot/Medic paladin. We'll see.

2. Magicboy

Magicboy IncGamers Member

Re: Sick as a dog Wednesdaily :(

Still Tuesday here. 8:00 PM to be exact

But I'll go along with it

RL: School, homework, school, homework, etc...

D2: Maybe...

3. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

I was going to say the same thing (well 8:40 PM instead).

RL: I have to finish up reading 1.5 chapters of Business Law before class at 8 tomorrow morning.

D2: Waiting until next Thursday at 8 o'clock* when I can finally reinstall d2** and start a new tournament character***.

* My intermediate accounting final is from 6-8 pm
    **I unistalled d2 for the time being because I distracted me too much from school.
    ***Still unsure of which tournament I will join. I'm considering the "Green with Envy 2" or the new bard tourney in the making (by deathmaster).

4. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Still Tuesday here too, but what the hell. I'll pretend I'm in another time zone. ;)

RL: Can't be bothered. If I could, I'd probably finish off that program I was working on for my Griffin PowerMate, but I haven't touched it in a couple of weeks.

D2: Decided on my next build, an invincible (I hope) meleemancer. Still in Act I Normal at present, and will probably put up a game once I get to Act III. I've decided I probably won't go the Kingslayer route, as inspiration struck with another plan.

5. kanonfutter

kanonfutter IncGamers Member

RL: The big day of giving final marks to the high school seniors. After this, only examns can save them. I have ~25 students to asses, so it will confidently take the entire morning. Then off to school

D2: I might HF rush a bit in the evening, or beat up Pindle because he looked at me in a funny way.

6. branmuffins

branmuffins IncGamers Member

RL: Got some bad shoulder/pectoral pain which is strange because I havent done anything that should have caused it. Hopefully it will be better in a week or so since I have a 85km hike coming up. Otherwise just the same ol same ol workingwith street kids and teaching basic computer.
    Holiday coming tomorrow and monday, thus on friday as well. Weeeee.

D2: prob LK runs and then trying to get my Assassin at least through NM, though that will prob wait till this weekend.

7. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

RL: I need to make a song for school, I can only use my own body as instrument. I can modify those sounds as I like, but still, I can't make anything "good" from my own body.

D2: No, see above.

8. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

RL: My life is very dull and ordinary compared to what some of you are up to...

D2: 2h Sword Zealot in the Nightmare Jungle. I'm using an A3 Cold Merc at the moment. He is OK, but I may have to ditch him for a more conventional A2 Holy Freeze + Reapers setup later.

9. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

RL: At work. Its long weekend from this evening though with Thursday and Friday off work. Hence my wife has decided we are painting the house. Sigh, I'll be lucky to finish it in 3 days I think. So much for a relaxing long weekend.

D2: Not till the painting is done. Also finishing the SC/BW SP campaigns again for old times sake. On the last one now, BW zerg. Once that is done I will restart my grail hunt or perhaps start a new interesting D2 character.

10. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

@Neksja: Do you have to sing it alone or with others? If it's with others, there would be a lot of a capella songs you could take as an inspiration. And what kind of task is that anyway?:laugh:

RL: Skipped the first 3 hours of uni, since I was terribly tired. Will be there for the last 1.5 hours though, then I'm going to buy tickets for the "Swingle Singers" (an a capella band btw, Neksja:wink3:) and a present for a friend, to whose party I am invited this evening.

D2: Probably not much, but some more chest popping should be in it.

11. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

I don't have to sing (thank god :rolleyes:) and I have to do it alone. For example, I can scream to a mic, take some part of that sound, pitch it down, put some flange and reverse it. Basically the idea is, to make a song (any kind of) using your own body as a source of sounds and use a program to modify those original sound.

Of course I could do an acapella, but that wouldn't give me a good grade (if grade at all :grin:)

12. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

That must be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard...what are you studying again? Try drumming with your fingers on your cheek with your mouth open - different opening widths give different sounds:thumbsup: Then you only need some zillion more different sounds :-D

Anyways, good luck for that project!

RL update: Might skip uni entirely today...:rolleyes:

13. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Beans and beer will let your body make more sounds than you could ever use. ;)

14. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

Actually, I'm studying Media Technology. It's just one course, Digital Audio. And yes, it's a weird project. I've modified some odd sounds like scratching my hair, sniffing the microphone and stuff like that :grin: I didn't want to be boring and just beatbox so I wanted to do something different. Hopefully I get it done today :thumbsup:

And no, you ain't going to hear it :grin:

15. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

rl:just finished seeting up the formula ford for the racing at brands this weekend, so im covered in oil got lots of little cuts, but its such a good feeling knowing its all done.

d2:very litle

og:probly end up playing army of two for a while.