Shunned by Druids, told to come here

Jesus The Disco DJ

Diabloii.Net Member
Shunned by Druids, told to come here

Well, i have this post in the druid forum, as my questions were also druid oriented, but i was just laughed at and told to come here.... so here we go. BTW, what happenned to all the friendly druid forums members that i remember?

Allright, so I'm making a layout for a wolfbarb I'm going to make in a few days, and i know some of his equipment, but need some opinions on the other stuff, and yes, i've read the guide.

Helm: Wolfhowl
Ammy:Angelic
Rings Angelic
Shield: Stormshield
Weapon: here's the first part of my dilema. i'm in the midst of trying to save up for a ebotdz, and definitely willing to scrap that idea, as i'm still fairly far from affording one (3 ists and 1 mal so far). I could keep saving for one of these, or i could get a 4 soc'd Grizwalds Weapon. What would i want in the sockets assuming of course i want a 4 frame attack?
belt: verdungo's
gloves: Draculs, but open to suggestions
boots: i was thinking gores or travs, opinions/suggestions?
Armor: Here's my other dilema, i could go for a good stone and get better def, or go for a fortitude, and have decent def but better damage, but if i were to use the grizwalds scepter, would the 300ed really improve my dmg that much?

I've made a wolfbarb before, and he was a ton of fun, but now i've got more funds then when i made my first one, and i want to improve on my old one.

Anyway, I'd like to hear some suggestions or opinions on what to use, thanks a ton guys.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm like you i too am gonna make a wolfbarb :D According to Dragoon's calc a 4*shael Gris caddy would hit 4fpa feral rage attack and speed is prefered to dmg from what i know of PvP wolfbarbs with the aim of massive life. For PvM one could settle for 5-6 fpa and a lot more damage and its a matter of preference i guess. Also with a lower dmg weapon some wolfbarbs prefer war travellers to gores as they say that added dmg really helps. As i have not used gris caddy on wolfbarb i can't judge if Fort would be best armor for it but if u have maxed pdr/block already this armor is awesome as is Enigma for more vita or COH/Duress perhaps? What i am gonna do for prebuff though is 2*spirit broad swords until i land a +5 Mang Song and seraph's ammy :p This is not optimal i know and i could add bk/soj and arach's but i'm the type who dun like to switch out lots of gear and in my case this is PvM. Hoped i helped and surely those forumites @ the druid forums aren't that bad ^^

p.s Zero Unit's Wolfbarb guide has a lenghty discussion about gear/tactics and i went over it all (takes a while) but it helped me a lot with regards to this build :D

Jesus The Disco DJ

Diabloii.Net Member
batuchka said:
Hmm like you i too am gonna make a wolfbarb :D According to Dragoon's calc a 4*shael Gris caddy would hit 4fpa feral rage attack and speed is prefered to dmg from what i know of PvP wolfbarbs with the aim of massive life. For PvM one could settle for 5-6 fpa and a lot more damage and its a matter of preference i guess. Also with a lower dmg weapon some wolfbarbs prefer war travellers to gores as they say that added dmg really helps. As i have not used gris caddy on wolfbarb i can't judge if Fort would be best armor for it but if u have maxed pdr/block already this armor is awesome as is Enigma for more vita or COH/Duress perhaps? What i am gonna do for prebuff though is 2*spirit broad swords until i land a +5 Mang Song and seraph's ammy :p This is not optimal i know and i could add bk/soj and arach's but i'm the type who dun like to switch out lots of gear and in my case this is PvM. Hoped i helped and surely those forumites @ the druid forums aren't that bad ^^

p.s Zero Unit's Wolfbarb guide has a lenghty discussion about gear/tactics and i went over it all (takes a while) but it helped me a lot with regards to this build :D

i think i'm gonna go with 4 shael griz caddy and stone, as its cheaper then most other options, and seems to work well from what i hear, which will also afford me the luxury of a few life charms :). thanks for the suggestions

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Highlords + 2 ravens > angelic ammy + 2x angelic rings

There is also no reason why a wolfbarb should use goreriders instead of war travs

Dead_Body

Diabloii.Net Member
Use Valor for armor. It adds to skills, has a pretty good defense, and makes up for the str req with a huge bonus to vitality. What's more, it is extremely cheap to trade for. I really think this is the best armor you can get unless you can somehow afford a CoH or enigma for this character - both of those armors are better used on a wide range of other builds.

In any case, good luck and have fun with your wolfbarb.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Valor best armor on wolfbarb? There are far better choices for pvm

One of these choices is duress in any elite armor. It provides almost as much defense, but also has great offensive mods which work well with a fast attack (crushing blow). Even lionheart works way better than valor.

Zero-unit

Diabloii.Net Member
I beg to differ, Valor was my winning armor. I have won countless matches with it, no one can really put one down to another, that is all preferance and gear dependant. I used it becuase it gave me the defense I wanted, life and more skill power. However I will say, I have not used a Fortitude yet and I won't becuase I have long quited Diablo II. I just like to attend to my favorite guide and help other potential Wolfbarbs.

[email protected]~

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
It always sucks when another person quites Diablo II, :(

There are two reasons to use an enigma on a wolfbarb, the str bonus and faster run walk.

IMO duress, stone, and fortitude are all way better choices.

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
forts plus to life per level does not get effected by werewolf form so thats 1 big neg. about that armor. Where a 160/60 max of the whale does more damage and gives alot more life when in were form. Where fort gives more def and resists.

Also a wolf barb is going to need alot of plus to skills.