Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shukaku's Bow?-How does it do 400 damage??

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by diablonoobbowbarian, May 31, 2008.

1. diablonoobbowbarian

diablonoobbowbarian IncGamers Member

Shukaku's Bow?-How does it do 400 damage??

This guy talks about Shakaku's bow. First off I didn't know Assasin's could wield bows. Second off, he says he deals 400? Is this with traps too? Is a bow an effective weapon to use with a flashdancer Assasin? the ranged mana leech seems nice combined with traps.

Also, does anyone have a website with percentages of getting certain items from bosses?

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: Shukaku's Bow?-How does it do 400 damage??

First off, every character can use bows. The only exception is the class-specific bows which can only be used by Amazons. Kuko Shakaku is not class-specific bow, it's a unique Cedar Bow and Cedar Bow is the exceptional version of the Long Bow.

Second, He's not using the bow himself. As he says in the quote, the bow is for his Act 1 mercenary and mercenarys do some damage even without any weapon(and this increases as the mercenary levels up), which together with Kuko and the mercs helm/armor(which also might increase her damage) will propably have no problem getting damage over 400.

3. diablonoobbowbarian

diablonoobbowbarian IncGamers Member

How rare is this shukaku bow? And is it effective as an assassin's weapon?

4. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

It's not very rare and I would quess you could trade one for pgm(s), if you can find anybody who has one(since many just sell it back to the shop, or don't even bother to pick it up).

I don't know much about assassins, but if there is any assassin builds that use bows, i would quess that there's tons of better choices for a bow than Kuko.

5. Garisdacar

Garisdacar IncGamers Member

usually the only classes that use bows have some natural skill that adds to their damage, or are summoners and thus can afford to hang back and not do a super-amazing amount of damage. for example, bowazons use their natural bow/xbow skill tree, paladins use their auras, and necromancers and hunter-druids use their summoned minions for melee. thus maybe a trapsin could get away with a bow, since traps and somewhat like summons....but prolly not.

6. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

Widowmaker (unique Ward Bow) is an interesting bow for an assassin as it allows you to use Guided Arrows (much like an amazon) which are good in combination with the assassin skills Venom and Burst of Speed. In solo play against monsters I guess Buriza-Do-Kyanon (unique Ballista) could be interesting aswell due to 100% Chance to pierce, nice cold and physical damage.

7. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Venom, Burst of Speed, Cloak of Shadows, and to a lesser extent, Mindblast. Hmmmm...maybe I should make a bowsin.