Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Show off your DH

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Wurmer, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

Hi Folks,

I know there is a similar post in the monk's forum and I think it is a pretty nice idea. At this point in time, I think that it would be interesting to see everyone DH and compare notes. So I'll start with mine :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wurmer-1561/hero/2167881

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wurmer-1561/hero/42942349

As you can see, both of my DH are on M6 one using fire and the other one using cold. I'll keep on improving their gear by finding the ancient version of what they are using now. Better weapons is my top priority. Also, WH belt would be nice but it doesn't drop to often. I've tried all sorts of builts but in the end I am returning to M6. Simply put, I haven't seen any other built that provide that much damage or crowd control.

now lets see yours !

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Korialstraz-2312/hero/4991416

I'm lacking in toughness atm, but it doesn't bother me much. I rarely do GR's alone, and in fact I don't play much solo at all. Whenever I do it's either T6 rifts, or cleaning out my stash. Neither of which require much toughness. :p And whenever we play GR's, we try and get a CC WD to support, and so far it's allowed me to run GR 47 relatively easily. The biggest threat here is frozen, since I find it difficult to react to fast enough with the low toughness I have. There are of course several improvements to be made, most of which will allow me to increase toughness without loss of damage, but so far I'm having no luck getting those items. Top on the list would be ancient marauder pants, but I'm probably 10k shards in at least without seeing one. Another contender here is a fire based SoJ. I would also love another good WH that will allow me to roll attack speed for vitality, but I'll probably never see that. xD

As for your cold DH, have you considered getting Pride's Fall? It's supposed to be stupidly powerful with cold builds. Either that or Hexing pants, although it requires almost constant stutter-step gameplay, which some people (myself included!) can't be bothered with.

3. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I agree with you about Hexing pants, the only built I used them for with one of my DH was a straff built. From what you are saying I should probably give team play a spine and get through higher GR. I have done mine solo but couldn't get higher then GR 32 or 33 I don't remember exactly. Pride's fall could certainly find a spot in my cold setup but that would mean dropping my ice climbers boots. I might give it a try. I know I had one but I don't remember if I still have it.

4. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

You honestly don't need ice climbers. Situations where you get tons and tons of frozen spam is quite rare, and relatively easy to dodge with vault.

The biggest issue with this is Coldsnap guardian, but even he isn't all that bad, since you can outrange his instant freeze attack. It takes a bit of practice to learn the range, but afterwards it's very doable, which means the only time you will have issues, is if he spawns in a very small room. Also if the initial AOE freeze doesn't hit you, then you can for the most part avoid the faster hitting frozen explosions that follow. :)

I guess what I'm trying to say is having an item in the build that only helps in some scenarios, which can be dealt with by changing up your play, is probably more detrimental than an item you will always benefit from.

With all that said, if you do plan on going with groups, I highly recomend a CC WD to be part of it. I played with one that a friend of mine knows, and in several instances he kept blue packs completely immobilized from start to finnish. It might make for a bit more boring gameplay, but it's been by far the easiest way for me to push those higher GR's. After being in your exact same situation of not being able to push that far, despite bringing in the damage.

I should make a note though, that a fire based build is much more efficient in groups where you have someone to clump up and control mobs. For solo play physical build seems to be strongest, closely followed by cold, due to it's ability to hit targets that are spread out.

5. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I just watched a video of a CC WD in action. I didn't know about this built before you mentioned it and I must say I am pretty impressed and the benefits of such a team mate in a group are pretty obvious. The gear required for a such a built is pretty specific and probably not too easy to gather but it's certainly worth the effort for anyone wanting to go through higher GR. The built is pretty much game changing...

6. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

After trying on pride's fall I can vouch for it efficacy. It certainly helps shelling out your big damage spenders and being able to shoot one or two more times is paying off. That helped me clean GR level 34 pretty easy and did pretty on GR35 but couldn't finish it. I finished behind the timer but not by much. I got a bad run and faced quite a few high HP trash mob and boss alike. (primordial scavengers). Rifting, I also found a unique bow (Leonine bow a Hashir), too bad it didn't roll as ancient but it's a fun bow to use nevertheless.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  7. Amel

Amel IncGamers Member

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Amel-2334/hero/55837487

This is my seasonal DH, so far I can solo 38 but I want to boost it to 40+
    Got a few questions about gear tho, is it smart to roll of sentry damage and re-roll to cluster arrow damage?
    I use the bolas bow to instigate small pirana-pool like cluster of mobs before I mass shoot them, when i'm playing in MP is often swap primary out for Marked for death if other DH has no Calamity.

8. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

Nice gear you got there...

9. Amel

Amel IncGamers Member

Mostly got lucky on good rolls, if you ever need gear runs and are on eu feel free to hit me up I can run DH or monk