Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should i try to get full resists on WW barb??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by luiccn, Mar 17, 2005.

1. luiccn

luiccn Diabloii.Net Member

Should i try to get full resists on WW barb??

i got a WW barb in clvl78 at nonladder useast and he does 4k dmg with botdz and SS, i got cold resist full, but other resists are low or negative.

I need to get full resists to play alone hell?

Lux

2. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

i would think that any melee char would need full resists to survive in pvm hell after 1.10.

so yes, full resists

3. Throttle

Throttle Diabloii.Net Member

Not necessarily, if you have high life and good leech, but if you PvP alot, you should definitely get it. I suggest putting a diamond in the shield, and getting charms with resist (grand ones with +~15 are sweet)

4. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Full resists are the way to go...maybe even more important than damage reduction and defence... even for meleers.

5. xpumafangx

xpumafangx Diabloii.Net Member

You want full resists in hell, 50% dr, and if you want to do p vs p melee a good amount of def but that is some times that isnt all ways true. Like you could go with a fort armor which I really want.

6. rachil0

rachil0 Diabloii.Net Member

That seems like exceptionally bad resists for a normal barb setup, I think you should list your equipment. Arreats, natural resists, anya, a decent resists armor (stone/duress/gloom/fortitude/eh?) and SS should get you well into positive resists.

Then you've got sockets and charms to shore up the holes. (poison resists always seem bad, and fire resists since SS doesn't have that one)

7. Beowulf

Beowulf Diabloii.Net Member

HWat is your gear as a hole might help us to make suggestions.

8. Lunatic

Lunatic Diabloii.Net Member

Arreat + anya + lvl 5 nat resist = zero resist in hell already. For pvm I usually go for a level 13 nat resist with +skills (60%). If I have the points to get it ofcourse. Otherwise at least level 9 (52%).

I also use metalgrid , and an Um in arreat. This gives me 70% resist in hell already. (30% anya , 45% arreat , 35% metalgrid , 60% nat resist). That plus a few charms gives my 85% lightning (I'm a big fan of Thundergods for pvm) and max resist to the rest (No anni on ladder :D). And it's very importent in pvm and pvp to get max resist IMHO. elemental attacks kill you most of the times.

9. MightyTitans

MightyTitans Diabloii.Net Member

I heard theres an anya bug...that the 30 res bonus is gone once u die once, but can be regained by rejoining

10. riplix

riplix Diabloii.Net Member

if u use botdzerker your other gear is probably pretty good as well. i play my polebarb with very low resists and use him to clean wsk so

NO you don't need high resis. (i don't use echoing weapons to boost bo etc.)

just try it yourself, if you keep dying with low non-negative resis your, playstyle might be kinda sucky ;)

i don't really see much of a challenge with ww-barbs stacked with high end gear. they are pretty much immortal except IM.

11. Jaimes

Jaimes Diabloii.Net Member

Do you have problems with gloams with your low lightning resist? Or does a high life buffer mitigate that?

12. Halciet

Halciet Diabloii.Net Member

Use of the Taunt skill mitigates that. If you taunt a gloam, he stops casting and moves to melee range, where he won't use his lightning. The only time this doesn't work is if you have so many enemies around you that even when he comes to melee range, he still can't reach you, and then goes back to using lightning.

-Hal

13. riplix

riplix Diabloii.Net Member

i do have 60 lres and all others at 0. only absorb item i use is raven. i usually use howl (~lvl15) to disperse gloam boss-packs and kill of the boss with 1-2 pole-zerk hits (well synergized that is). gloams seem to pretty vunerable to zerk.

i only have 3,6k life after bo and i use max zerk and max ww. using more absorb gear is also always an option to save some points in nat res.