Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should I stop resist trading HR?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SalivaMonster, Jun 13, 2005.

1. SalivaMonster

SalivaMonster IncGamers Member

Should I stop resist trading HR?

I've been playing the game for 4 years non-stop. Finally I come to a time when I am rich enough to trade for an enigma or the runes to make them. I'm in USEL, enigma is so cheap here, like 3-4 ist each. Its like death and tax, everybody got one.

The problem is, I despise duper and don't want to involve in duping or duping product. I know duped rune is everywhere, its in the economy and there is no way you can escape from its influence unless you stop trading all together. But live in an economy filled with faked currency is one thing, to acquire and use fake currency is another.

I want an enigma, no doubt about it. It can triple my cow running speed. It feels good as long as I don't remember how the ber and the jah on my chest choke my breath.

edit: correct spelling
    A lot of you faced the same dillemma, what is your choice and how do you justify your choice? Am I alone here on my side of judgement?

2. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

i gave in...

i think it has something to do with me not caring about the game that much anymore...

3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

It is wrong to buy fake stuff or stolen stuff. But the entire economy is based on it, if you're to survive in that economy, you'll have to get along with the group.

You can choose not to trade for anything with a possible chance of being duped, I can understand that people respect such choice. But if you look for a way to justify such choice, the only thing that can do that is this:
    you worked hard for your items, you spend a lot of time in it, and probably got some setbacks in the process. If you trade them for anything else, you worked hard to get that anything else, if that anything else is a possible dupe, shouldn't matter then.

You can compare it in reallife: if you live in a wealthy country, but, the only reason your country is so wealthy is because everyone produces fake merchandise. If you want to survive in that country, you can't afford to buy the actual merchandise, you'll have to settle for the fake one. Since the entire country is doing it, it still remains illegal, but no one is going to bother to arrest people for it.
    The country will probably shred itself to pieces after a while. As will the realms in Diablo (hence the luck of ladder resets, a clean new realm, a clean new country to abuse)

4. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I think if Blizzard wanted to get rid of duped runes bad enough they would. They allow them here, not by choice I would imagine, but that is the way it is. At least they got rid of the duplicated gear and they got rid of all the hacked gear like "whites". They are doing a great job with the resources at their disposal.

Anyway, duped runes are here and we just have to deal with it. I now have Enigma...it is just a game. We all have been tainted by dupes in one way or another. Do you have an Annihilus charm or would you have one if the Clone dropped one for you? The Clone is Blizzards way of reducing the amount of DUPED SoJs. Almost all "annis" are the result of Dupes.

In real life I wouldn't feel this way. I won't knowingly traffic in stolen property, no matter that the police can't control all crime. I don't even have illegal copies of software or music. Nuts..I don't do drugs or even drink. (and drinking is legal) Um..I have J-walked..Oh well.........

5. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I traded for and with highly suspect runes for a number of months but felt so utterly guilty about it that I stopped. I was willing to take the risk of having these runes/runewords poof on me and accept the loss but to trade these items to others and let them poof on them? I just couldn't justify that to myself.

I'm pwned by my conscience.

6. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Good one...pwned by...

I think Dredd is right! I haven't ever had any such things as high runes or gear until just recently and so haven't been a position to trade such. Now I won't trade them unless I am VERY clear about the possible risks to the person I am trading with.

7. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

I'm about as stalwart as they come against dupe use, but even I have to admit that I have 1 dupe in amongst my other self found/cubed runes. My CtA is entirely with my own cubed runes self found and I have a self found Ber in my Enigma. But the Jah I traded for, albeit before I knew dupes were out. Now that I know, it does bother me from time to time that there is a 99% chance that the Jah is duped.

I don't really play anymore, I haven't changed any items on any of my chars in over a year. But I intend to make one more char before I leave this game completely and I will be trading for high runes to do it. As long as you aren't buying the dupes or making the dupes and you accept the risk of the runes poofing, there isn't much more you can do to lessen the guilty feeling.