Should I report a botter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartekwoda

Diabloii.Net Member
Should I report a botter?

Today I found out that one of the members of the trading forums uses an mf bot (although I realize that probably many do it). I have solid evidence, including a number of screenshots, which make it obvious that this person was botting. Do you think I should report this person or not?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
probably won't matter. merely having screenshots of them going in and out of games is not proof.

being in the game with them is not proof either.

in fact, "real" proof, afaik, doesn't really exist. just about the only thing i've seen somebody banned for is admitting it.

bartekwoda

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, actually it's much more than just going in and out of the game. ANyway, I decided to pm a mod about it. We'll see what he'll say.

3RD_Degree

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont think it would do any good.. There are millions of botters on diablo and this game is going to hell anyway. Blizzard doesnt care for it..

I personally think thats real whimpy if u report him, wont do much good.

w.e

bartekwoda

Diabloii.Net Member
Maphack is not the same as botting. If you bot and then trade your stuff for items that were found legitimately, well, it seems kinda unfair to me.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
3RD_Degree said:
I dont think it would do any good.. There are millions of botters on diablo and this game is going to hell anyway. Blizzard doesnt care for it..

I personally think thats real whimpy if u report him, wont do much good.

w.e
And it's talk like this that has probably resulted in the current state of botters on bnet.

It's not whimpy to want to play on a level playing field. This isn't a fight or something. What would you rather him do? Try and find his address in real life and beat him up? Or, perhaps, get access to a bot as well and try and bot faster than him? I guess you would want him to ignore it, which sounds to me like your acting in your best interests...?

I'd say to try and report him to Blizzard. If the trader was on the forums here, you should also try and report him to a mod. Worse case scenario, nothing happens and he'll continue to bot. But if you don't do anything, then the best case scenario is that nothing will happen and he'll continue to bot.

bartekwoda

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, this person is a trade on the forums. And I've already pm'd a mod about it. I was just curious what the "DII Community" would say.

CrazyPayne

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish everyone would report known botters in the USEast Trade forum to Xircon or myself so we can check it out.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
bartekwoda said:
Yes, this person is a trade on the forums. And I've already pm'd a mod about it. I was just curious what the "DII Community" would say.
frygia banned this guy a few hours ago....the proof has to be very good before anyone would be banned.

CrazyPayne

Diabloii.Net Member
I also check the battle.net forums from time to time and have banned users here that have confessed to botting on there.

I don't want these forums to turn into the mess that is the battle.net forums.

bartekwoda

Diabloii.Net Member
superdave said:
frygia banned this guy a few hours ago....the proof has to be very good before anyone would be banned.
The guy banned by Frygia is not the one I'm talking about, though.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
CrazyPayne said:
I also check the battle.net forums from time to time and have banned users here that have confessed to botting on there.

I don't want these forums to turn into the mess that is the battle.net forums.
i am sure it would shock you how many members here are on the d2*** bot forum...i mean comon guys at least change your user names

bartekwoda

Diabloii.Net Member
superdave said:
i am sure it would shock you how many members here are on the d2*** bot forum...i mean comon guys at least change your user names
Oh, no, it doesn't shock me at all. I've been on these forums for 2 years and have seen many getting banned for botting. And this person was botting in a public game which had the same as his forum account! I mean, come on.... That's almost like telling all of us: "Screw you, you're too dumb to do anything about it."

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
ehh i dont think you should report him. why do u take screen shots and gather evidence that the person's botting for? you dont like him or something? if he doesnt mention botting or hacks or the like in the forums, let him be hes not hurting you for it

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Reporting the botters that is active on this forum is the only right thing to do, and turning the blind eye to this pest that is active on b.net is not the right thing to do.

And I vote for this thread get closed, as this could turn in to a (bad) flamewar.

- D.J.

NefariousNothing

Diabloii.Net Member
You'd be surprised how many names I've seen on the game list that are similar, if not the same, to people in the USEast trade forum. It's sad, really. Who's worse? The dupers or the botters?

(On a sidenote, I don't mean for that question to be answered. Both types of people have pretty much ruined the game, but some semblance of fun can still be attained.)

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
DjSlayer said:
Reporting the botters that is active on this forum is the only right thing to do, and turning the blind eye to this pest that is active on b.net is not the right thing to do.
I'm in complete agreement with that statement - provided we avoid making blind accusations without solid evidence.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
bartekwoda said:
Oh, no, it doesn't shock me at all. I've been on these forums for 2 years and have seen many getting banned for botting. And this person was botting in a public game which had the same as his forum account! I mean, come on.... That's almost like telling all of us: "Screw you, you're too dumb to do anything about it."
Before I judge anyone or say anything about this matter: I'm intrigued, could I see this evidence? It might convince several members to change their opinion (to the worse or to the better, depending on the evidence itself)

EDIT: I'm actually suprised that sofar no one else bothered to ask for the evidence?

EDIT2: If the guy is a real botter and if he trades here on the forums, that goes against the rules here. And here, mods can do something about it. If you encounter the genuine battlenetbotter, Blizzard doesn't bother or care about it if you report it. But let's keep this a nice place then :thumbsup:

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Dawnmaster said:
EDIT: I'm actually suprised that sofar no one else bothered to ask for the evidence?
The only people who need to see it are the moderators - what use would it be to you or me?

Status
Not open for further replies.