Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should I Quit?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Rosco264, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Rosco264

Rosco264 IncGamers Member

Should I Quit?

I've only been playing for around 4-5 months, but I am becoming so repulsed with the game.(If that makes any sense) It just isn't any fun when you make your 5th character on Bnet and wander around asking for rushes to hell so you can stand behind people while they fight through the ancients and all of that. But it just gets old. Am I a newb? I don't know but I envy the people who have had the game for one week and think they are hot sh*t when they beat Andy for the first time.

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Here's a clue: Don't just wander around asking for rushes. Play the game through (yes, including act 3.) :surprise:

3. th5418

th5418 Banned

Thats why you dont get rushes........

4. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

The lamest thing I see on b.net next to hacking/scamming is complete newbs (nothing wrong with them) asking for rushes. I am not against rushing, if you've had the game for a long time. However, play through to game once; it's fun the first couple times. Getting rich/playing tweaked etc. is for those who have become bored with the traditional gameplay, not people who are being led throught the game every step of the way by their friends.

5. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

But if you're fed up with the game, don't hesitate, quit. There's a life out there. You will come back when you feel like it, like most of us. Good break :)

6. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

Wow. Most belligerent thread of the day award.

"I didn't buy this game to actually play it! WTF?!"

7. ch33s3 m4st3r

ch33s3 m4st3r IncGamers Member

Playing through the game over and over gets old. Playing video games is about enjoyment, and some people enjoy doing other things in this game that you might not agree with, no need to get your pantys in a bunch about it though.

8. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I doubt that you've tried everything in the game in five months. Read some character guides, about mf, try some pvp, make some unusual builds and then decide if you want to quit or not. Get some good times for the money you payed for the game.
    I've played since 2001, and most of the people on this forum have played even longer (I think) and personally I'm not finished with this game yet (I wonder if I ever will be).
    On the other hand: maybe this is not the right game for you. If this is the case you could give a description of your dream game, and I think we can help you to find that game :)

9. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

I make it a point never to do anything that repulses me, with the exception of sometimes having to spend time with my son Joe's inlaws :surprise:

If you aren't happy playing d2, take a break from it :drink:

10. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Maybe try playing single player for awhile. Start a new build and take it through the game yourself. You can always take that player into a game with others, or you can get the enjoyment of doing everything yourself. Either way, it beats following others watching them move you up.

And if its still not fun, do something else. :thumbsup:

11. Kralgar

Kralgar Banned

Heheh Yur not gonna quit, If you been playin 5 months Your addicted This game is Cyber Crack #2 next to Everquest. Ah but joking aside You should listen to fearfox's post, There is still lotta things you can try. Go in a public dueling room and get owned by a teleporting wind druid, that'll make ya want to play some more.

12. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Quit if you want to, don't quit if you don't want to.

13. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

WTF, if you don't want to spend time with us, you don't have to! By the way, didn't know you too were addicted to D2!

Regards from your son's inlaws...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

14. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

:surprise:

Curses I"m busted.

15. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The first is never start a land war in Asia... however.

The classic battle.net blunder is that you're only having fun if you have elite gear with a high level character who is in hell.

I, like many people here, have been playing since the game came out. And its still fun for me! It's because I stopped doing the things that make this game boring. Heres how to enjoy the game:

1. STOP RUSHING - People are always rushing; rushing to WHAT? High levels to get more items and do endless baal runs? I honestly dont see the fun in that. You will find it much more rewarding to play through the game... yes, acts 2 and 3 CAN be fun! This goes hand in hand with my next tip...

2. STOP TWINKING - The game is not challenging (and therefore not fun) if you always have perfect items to use as soon as you level up. Try playing with just what you find and what you can trade for with that character. Its so much more entertaining and challenging. In fact, every time I start a new character I give away all of the gear I had from the last one and delete everything for a totally fresh start.

3. (optional) PLAY HARDCORE - You dont know how fun it is until you try it. In softcore, the one thing the game is all about - trying not to die - is meaningless. People play sloppily and dont care if they die; sure you lose a little experience, but how about losing the whole character? I bet you'll always be playing your best. Really, its so much more fun... once you start you cant go back.

If you're looking for people who embrace these 3 points: look no further than these forums. Hardcore or not, there are plenty of people on these boards who enjoy playing through untwinked. Just ask to find them.

Feel free to IM me or message *Kitriara for some Hardcore Ladder East action. Here's hoping this helps you enjoy the game again!!!

16. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

Please don't take this the wrong way because a lot of what I'm about to say isn't exactly going to be pleasant.

First of all you are on your 5th character and you haven't done Ancients by yourself? Have you beaten Ancients with any of your other characters? If you've only relied on other people to get you through the quests then that means you haven't really PLAYED the game. Playing the game means actually going through each Quest (whether it's a main quest or not) and doing it BY YOURSELF or WITH HELP but you are contributing to the goal, not just leeching or sitting on your butt.

When the 1.10 patch came out, my 1.09 account was long gone (I stopped playing for a while Feb 2002 - Sep 2003) so I had to start from scratch again (October 2003). It took me about one hour to kill Diablo in normal with my level 35 S/S Barb after dying uncountable times. That character and a few others after it had every single waypoint in every mode. I dropped that account and started a new one last week of December 2003. The characters in the new account were all "rushed" but because my only reason for leveling them wasn't to go through each area again but to get to higher levels the fastest possible way.

It looks like you want to become uber without paying the price. Unfortunately, unless you're a hacker or willing to spend some dough on Ebay, that's not gonna happen. Play the game the way it was intended to be played and I'm sure you'll find some fun especially if you don't set unrealistic expectations.