Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should I put points into dex?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by lumpor, May 28, 2008.

1. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Should I put points into dex?

I'm soon level 40 and I have a blackbogs sharp that I've wanted to use since I was lvl 20. But its dex requirement is so high. I'm planning to get max block with trangs shield anyway, and according to my calculations I'll need about 250 dex. So can I put some points into dex to meet the requirements? Should I bother with max block if I have trangs shield?

2. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Re: Should I put points into dex?

Assuming you're making a PvM poisoner, you don't really need max block. You need to invest as much dex as you need to equip BBS, but take into account the bonuses you get from equipment. If necessary wait until lvl 60 before you equip BBS, so you get all the bonuses from your equipment. You could also (temporarily) equip 2 Raven Frosts to meet the requirements. Or use a wand with +2-3 to p&b skills.

3. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

So should pvm builds go full vit? Why is max block more useful in pvp? And I remembered I had a ravenfrost and that I soon can wear it when you told me. Thanks

4. zhadoom

zhadoom IncGamers Member

Im not a pvp player, but imo its like that:

Lets say u have 1600 life with no dex, and 3% block at high levels.
    And now lets say u take 200 vit and put it into dex:
    Thats 1200 life and 75% block.

Against barbarians, bow amas and any blockable damage type, 75% block is nice to have, since it ultimately increases your life to 400% (out of 4 hits, only 1 hits u in average). And 4x1200 > 1600 :wink3:

Downside is, that some attacks arent blockable: frozen orb if i remember correctly.

And some nasty mobs in pvm also have unblockable damage, like the gloams in worldstone tower. Against those u have 25% less life, but against melee monsters, archers,... you have a 75% damage reduce.

I have max block at level 85, exactly 1k life and i dont regret it. Its not like u can tank lister on hell or fana mobs, but even if u teleport right next to one, u usually have a chance to get away (or drink a full rej. pot and get away with your heart doing 120 beats/min :laugh:).

5. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

For PvM I prefer Vita because many attacks aren't blockable (incl all elemental damage). But max block works as well.

For PvP you really need to be able to block so you might survive a few hits.

6. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Well, I won't be putting 200 points into dex. My equipment will give me quite alot.