Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should I put a point or so in bone spirit?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dr.G, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Should I put a point or so in bone spirit?

I have a skellie master and I would like and extra weapon and I was wondering if I should put a point in bone spirit.

After all of my armer and weapons bonuses, I have 18 in raise skeleton, 8 in skeleton mastery, 4 in manges and 3 in resist.

I also have 3 points in teeth and 4 in bone spear. Would those bone point give that point spirit alittle extra kick??

2. Voldomort

Voldomort IncGamers Member

This is my current build, it maxes B Spirit, Sk Master, and RS.

Summoning:
    20 Raise Skeleton
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    1 Raise Mage
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Blood Golem
    1 Iron Golem
    6 Revive
    1 Golem Mastery
    2 Summon Resist

Poison & Bone:
    1 Teeth
    3 Corpse Explosion
    2 B Spear
    20 B spirit

Curses:
    4 Amplify Damage
    1 Dim Vison
    1 Attract
    1 Decrepify
    1 Iron Maiden

You are not too far off, though I don't know how sound the build will be, it seems to be working very well in Act 4 normal, if you max RS and SM first. However, to answer you question, I suggest waiting till last to put any points into bone spirit, because 1 point won't do much in Nightmare and Hell.

Not that I'm an expert, It's just seems like this build will fit my playing style perfectly. Out of all the curses, I find amp damage to be far and away my favorite. The rest are there just because a lot of higher difficulty strategies require them. IM works well, though.

3. malathion

malathion IncGamers Member

I really think it's a waste to put a single point in either bone skill besides CE unless you're going to max the whole tree. You'd probably be better off maxing CE or all the skeleton skills instead.

4. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

Never having played a Skellimancer until very recently (save a long time ago in 1player) and mainly been Golemancer pre-1.10 (and a two ugly post-1.10 deaths :p), I have a question along the Bone Spirit/Bone Spear line.

In soloing Act bosses, are the post-1.10 skellies actually enuff to take a boss down without a little direct-damage help? As a golemancer, Mercs/Golems usually died fairly quick ("buh buh, IG" :hanky: ), but with the clay golem spam with decrep along with Bone Spear/Spirit, I usually had no -major- issue with Act Bosses except for my last Golemancer (and I was using PN for the first time). CE is awsome and all, but as mentioned countless of times, your itty goons attack whoever they bleedin' well want to and sometimes you got to take out that one monster nut in the group as quickly as possible with a direct tactical strike, ala Bone.

However, that does then beg the question of Bone's synergies, especially since although skellimancers have so many free points, really working the synergies would prolly cost comfortable base skill lines for curses (keeping all -used- curses at 1 and let skill+ items pump the radius/duration, perhaps?).

Cor, I am talking out of my head here as mentioned previously, as I am just playing one for the first time... Any skellimancers that "boned" out Bone Spear/Spirt and synergies out there? How is it working?

5. Voldomort

Voldomort IncGamers Member

Don't forget revive, anyway...

I'm working on that right now. Though you won't be able to complete the synergies, I feel the extra points for skellymancer would be best spend on bone spirit(though, you should max it out, if you invest even 1 point), for the soul purpose of there being nothing better to spend them on. Granted, maxing CE is helpful, bit it's a bit of a waste in my opinion. There should be just enough radius to take out all immediate monsters(it's not like it increases damage with points, I would suggest 3 points here, just for a little extra breathing room), because there is no guarntee that their will be corpses around when you fight bosses. Even the weakest DD spell can help if you can keep the boss busy destroying 10 skellys, revives, and an iron golem. Those few extra BSpirit damage points could be the difference between life and death.

The choice is wheather to make life easier on youself with huge crowds, or slightly easier on bosses. CE or BS. Even with synergies out of the picture, a maxed B Spirit is still decent, with the pre reqs adding their 12 percent. Just bring a lot of mana potions.

It's basically like this, One Third damage B spirit, with 14-16 meat shields(dont forget revive), vs Bonemage 1 meat shield, and full damage B Spirit. While the mage would probably win in a fight, the CPU doesn't seem to realize that if you die, you army does too. It is easier with the skellies, imo. Though, I'm somewhat new to DII anyway. With the above build, you could beat the game naked(no armor/shield/anything). If you were trying to go hardcore, naked, they you would want to put a point into bone shield, and it would be entirely possible. That is nothing to scoff at. Show me a barb build that could beat the game without a weapon.

6. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

oh yea, I forgot I do after my armer bonuses have 4 pts in bone armer..

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

If you want to be using Bone Spear(or Bone Spirit) and still be a Summoner...you would want to try something along the lines of this:

Skeletons-20
    Mastery-20
    Bone Spear-20
    Bone Spirit-20
    1 in all your curses(I don't use the last 2 on the left side)
    Then rest as you see fit(Bone Wall,CE, or even down to Revives)

Revives really are not needed, and I would go with Bone Wall over Revives(for the extra defense...and the synergy for Spear and Spirit)

Bone Armor only needs 1 point into it(Bone Wall does the rest)

Hope that helps,

HoS