Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should I pump STR or DEX?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by spawnosatan, Feb 2, 2004.

1. spawnosatan

spawnosatan IncGamers Member

Should I pump STR or DEX?

I have 160 points to spare and I'm just wondering, theoretically, if i were to place them all into either str or dex or combination of the two, how could i achieve the highest damage possible? would just pure str do the trick or do i need dex? I need precise information please.

thanks

2. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Str is only very rarely pumped for the extra damage (titan barb is the only one I can think of - I never heard of an amazon pumping str, though it's probably done).

Str only influences your melee damage so if you're playing a ranged char it's dex all the way.

Even if you are meleeing, you probably get a lot of your damage from lightning attacks which is not influenced by str (or dex).

3. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

what character build? bow? melee?

anyway, if melee and you are using a shield, go for max block. if range, go for dex.

4. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

We need more info to answer your question properly. Bow damage is increased by pumping dex. Thrown weapons are 1/2 str, 1/2 dex and melee weapon damage is increased with str. However, in all the above scenarios with a zon, you'll want to pump dex and only have enough str to wear your gear. This is true obviously with a bow and its also true with melee and javazons, because in both scenarios you'll be using a shield and you'll want the max block so you'll need to pump dex. Also you'll want the improved ar that increased dex will give you. Although if you're skills are primarily elemental then you'll not need that much dex because elemental skills hit regardless of your ar and their damage is not influenced by dex. Only physical damage is increased by dex. Which leads me back to my original point , which is that more info is needed from you for your question to be properly answered.

5. spawnosatan

spawnosatan IncGamers Member

sorry about that, my character is a bowazon using mav's set at the moment, i have about 180 skill points saved up and want to know what to do with em. I think I am going to add some more in str so i can wear the upgraded buriza and then i'll pump the rest into dex and vitality... haven't decided yet which i want more but i think i'll focus more on dex since i don't plan to be in the midst of combat.