Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should I make a fishymancer?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by hapsu, Apr 28, 2008.

1. hapsu

hapsu IncGamers Member

Should I make a fishymancer?

I heard that fishymancer or meteorb soso are teh **** when you start this game from begin. I tho want to make a necromancer, because I have already had a high lvl soso.

How good is a fishymancer with trang set? I heard that fishymancers can nicely clear areas without good gear.

The most important question is, when you have like 85 lvl fishymancer and almost full unique gear, but no access to runewords like enigma, how fast you MF? And what areas? I can imagine only like clearing a chaos sanctuary fast and effectively, because going for nithalak//summoner///countess or even andariel/mephi sounds ineffective without enigma.

Any advice?

Oh, and by the way, if anyone has trang ouls set to sell, I can buy it from you with some perf gems.

2. Barbarrister Voldamus

Barbarrister Voldamus IncGamers Member

Re: Should I make a fishymancer?

If you take a look at the threads you will se several that say you can run a fishymancer basically nude through hell. once you get to a high enough level you can clear any of the level 85 areas including the WSK and the Act 1 Pit. They are generally quite easy to get to and clear while walking. The other option is to use a teleporting ammy if your think that walking is to slow, the thing is with a high level CE and a merc that can give you your first corpse the fishymancer build can almost walk nonstop to wherever you want to go. THe other benefit besides speed that comes with teleport for this build is the way it can be used to gather the troops, and a technique many employ called "telestomping". The other thing you will probably hear is that many of the summoner players actually like to play with max block in a homunculus as opposed to utilising the full Trangs set especially since enigma and beast are so popular. Good luck with that magic finding fishy.

3. solutionx

solutionx IncGamers Member

I've tried a meteorb and was bored out of my mind. I've switched back to a fishymancer because it's way more fun (specially during the early levels) and there's nothing you can't do alone *without* high-end gear at any level.

The upsides should be obvious: Pure physical damage (and half phys/fire on CE) means you can do any area you want in hell, unlike faster, specialized classes such as light sorcs or blizz sorcs. With Act.2 might merc your skeletons are more than just meatshields, and *as* meatshields, they keep you safe and most of the time take hits for your merc.

The downside to a fishymancer that no one mentions is that it gets weaker -- not stronger -- at higher levels. What I mean is after maxing Curses, CE, CS, and RS, there's no decent place to put those extra points into other than something barely useful such as summon resist or golem mastery.

Lightning sorcs and hammerdins, on the other hand, can keep making full use of each point up to level 90. The only thing that will make your fishy stronger are +skill items past level 80. At least they're not as gear-dependent (for speed) as sorcs and paladins.

It's still a fast, safe, and powerful character at high level which can easily solo any area; just not as fast as the two other aforementioned, and specialized characters. Still, I believe the fun factor more than makes up for this somewhat insignificant downside.

As for Enigma, there is absolutely no doubt that it would make MF runs in certain areas 2x faster if not more (damn you, doorways), but that can be said about hammerdins, too. I don't have Enigma and I still like doing Andariel often; just running through to her only stopping for unique monsters. Chaos Sanctuary run is very fast in nightmare, but I wouldn't want to do it often in Hell. Even in nightmare it's a pain having to deal with Iron Maiden. WSK/Baal or Cows, on the other hand, are perfect for a fishy - Enigma or no Enigma.

I wouldn't use Trangs even if I had a full set. The gloves are nice, but that's it. If you'd use Trangs as a fishymancer, you'd have to give up Homonculus, Enigma, and Shako -- or hell even Tarnhelm which I'm personally using right now for MF and +skill. Trang set seems best suited for a poisonmancer. Some day, I'll get my Enigma!

4. eviscerator

eviscerator IncGamers Member

I myself have a fishymancer/golemancer hybrid. at lvl 73 i did all of hell solo(even baal) with some nice gear though. i can destroy anything in hell easily and can usually do pub chaos's as long as merc isnt being im'd constantly. It is a great build and i dont think u run out of points to put skills into. I just keep pumping mine into clay golem and golem mastery, he is at 28,000 life right now and my skels r hitting around 1k plain. It also is fun to duel with.

I reccomend the build because it is damn fun.

5. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

The nice part about the WSK is that it is a level 85 area, so only a foolish mfer teles though it. The phishymancer is ideal for WSK. You don't really need nice gear for killing power, so it's easy to stack a decent amount of mf.

You don't really mf fast without enigma, but you do mf effectively if you clear the right areas. As someone said, pits and wsk are possibly the best. I've never mfed in the ancient tunnels though. And keep in mind that you can get naj's puzzler for mf. Back when my fishy used one, he also have 700% gold find, so paying for charges wasn't a problem.