Should i keep my Imbues or use them

majpain

Diabloii.Net Member
Should i keep my Imbues or use them

Well I really don't use imbues that much but should i use them after i get quest or later?
 

majpain

Diabloii.Net Member
Thx you because i havent use any of them

edit-But if you put an elite item to imbue it doesnt it come out well crappy?
 
majpain said:
Well I really don't use imbues that much but should i use them after i get quest or later?
Personally, I would suggest saving and using your imbue rewards by using specific items on them. Ethereal Dimensional Blades and Tiara's are often excellent choices to imbue.

Ethereal Dimensional Blades - these can be upgraded to Phase Blades and therefore ethereal no longer matters (Phase Blades are indestructible).

Tiara - Good headgear here, and you could get lucky with a good trading helm - something like +resists, +skills, +FCR is something very desirable for many casters (Hammerdins, Wind Druids, Bonemancers).
 

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Also remember that the amount of mods that the new rare can have is based off your character level. So, if your after some of the higher mods, your better of using a higher level character.

Note: By that, I mean the types of mods that the new rare can have, not whether or not it'll spawn with 6 differents mods or not
 
Orphan said:
Also remember that the amount of mods that the new rare can have is based off your character level. So, if your after some of the higher mods, your better of using a higher level character.
That reminds me. Before I became a member, I saw a post a while back, wehre someone actually displayed the optimum character level to be if you actually wanted to use the Imbuing reward for your character.

I'll see if I can fish it up.
 

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
ArchAngelTiberrius said:
That reminds me. Before I became a member, I saw a post a while back, wehre someone actually displayed the optimum character level to be if you actually wanted to use the Imbuing reward for your character.

I'll see if I can fish it up.
Hmm, the only one that I have (that you might be similar to what we're talking about) is http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/ (or, at least, that I bothered to write down :)). Let me know if you find yours.
 
Orphan said:
Hmm, the only one that I have (that you might be similar to what we're talking about) is http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/ (or, at least, that I bothered to write down :)). Let me know if you find yours.
In my hunt to find the post I saw, I did come across some interesting points regarding imbuing.

Thrugg said:
By "best possible" I assume you mean Cruel+Masters for the 450%ed. Anything else you might get on top of that is a bonus.

Both of these have an alvl of 56 for rares. Crystal Swords are qlvl 11 and Dim Blades are qlvl 37. That means you need a rare CS to be ilvl 61 (56 + 11/2) and a DB to be ilvl 74 to have a chance to spawn those mods.

When you imbue, the resulting item will have ilvl = clvl+4. So, you want to imbue CSs at clvl 57, and DBs at clvl 70.
Thrugg said:
I don't know of a guide, but I can explain it if you like.

To get level 1 skills like RS and SM, you need to be creating an item that is at most ilvl 24, and preferably 11 or lower for the best chance (less other skills could spawn instead at the lower level).

However, you can't imbue until level 8, and an imbued item is always ilvl = clvl + 4. So an imbue cannot be less than ilvl 12. That is so neat that I'm sure it was intentional.

Anyhow, that means you want to imbue with a character that is between clvl 8 and 14 inclusive. There is another change at ilvl 19 that introduce the level 18 skills that will reduce your chances further, although RS/SM is still possible on imbues done up to clvl 20.

With imbues, the ilvl also affects how many staffmods (the proper name for the +skills) you get, and also how good they are (ie the size of the plus). This is not the case for normally generated items, it is special for imbues. Higher level is better, so the absolute best level to imbue for RS/SM is char level 14.

At clvl 14 = ilvl 18, you have a 28% chance of 3 skills, 20% of 2, 40% of 1 and only 12% of getting no skills at all. Each skill you get has a 12% chance of being either RS or SM. There is a 19% chance of each being +3, 30% of it being +2, and 51% of it being +1.
The hunt for the post I refer to will continue.
 
Top