Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should I give up on my 2hand sword con. bar

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by geist_darkblade, Feb 17, 2004.

1. geist_darkblade

geist_darkblade IncGamers Member

Should I give up on my 2hand sword con. bar

I have a concentrate/iron skin barbarian with a two hand sword. Is their a way to make him a good character? He is level 62. Do you need a sheild? Any suggestion would help.

2. tl998

tl998 Banned

We're going to need more info that this to determine if this is a good character. So far all we know is you're using 2 handed sword with both hands, and you use concentrate.

3. geist_darkblade

What do you want to know? I'll have to wait till this weekend to give you a detail layout of my character. My computer hard drive got screwed up and i'm running a 4 gig tempoarily.That means I cant play Diablo2 lod for a while. I think I maxed iron skin had like 15 in con . He has a + 1 or 2 to skills charm a eth eth ith legend sword . About 1500 def and 600 max dam. 1 point in beserk. Did I mess up the build ? Should I give up on him? Oh he is a ladder guy called geist _darkblade.

4. Krime

Krime IncGamers Member

I can't tell you much, since we need to know the stats, exact skills etc. before we can give you a detailed describtion of what to do.
    However, from my point of view, it looks like your weapon is your problem. Is it just a plain legend sword with eth/eth/ith in it? Because 600 2-h max damage at level 62 is not much, actually it's very low. Try to get a high damaging 2 handed sword of some kind, ccb for a start, those can be shopped for without too much difficulty.
    As for your skills, be sure to have maxed out concentrate and battle orders. Battle orders is a synergy for concentrate, and it will add a lot of damage.
    Try to max the other synergies for concentrate, can't remember them right now, but that would definately help. Or find out what your weapons is going to be, and then max the correct mastery for it. At later lvls, you probably would want to max shout as well, as it adds tons of defense...more than iron skin actually.
    That's what I'm going to say to you as of now, hope you can fix him, at least get a better weapon :)

cya, Krime

5. geist_darkblade

Here are my stats natural str.190, dex.121, vit.78. My skill points I.S 20, Con. 14, nat. res. 8, sword mastery 14 . my Def. is 3260.I have +1 to skills. I also have +38 str. in charms and equipment.

6. geist_darkblade

What is a ccb? Will a 3 socket barlog do for a while. Is fury good. How about kingslayer?

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

ccb = cruel colossal blade

A 3 socket balrog blade, if just that - socketed, but not magical or such - could be great, since you could throw Cresent Moon into it, making a fairly powerful and cheap little weapon. Fury used to be one of the best pvp swords around, bust since the patch, it's not as powerful. A decent sword, but there are definately better. I don't have a lot of experience with Kingslayer though, so I won't say either way on it.

-Hal

8. geist_darkblade

My mistake I meant king's grace. I have the worst luck getting good swords or runes since I have no mf.

9. geist_darkblade

I made a King's grace Barlog blade and now I do around 748-1068 damage still not ideal but a good sword to tide me over. Dose anyone know a ideal place to get runes?