Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

should i get the Arrow Skills?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by romeo, Oct 27, 2006.

1. romeo

romeo IncGamers Member

should i get the Arrow Skills?

arrow skills like the Freezing Arrow, Exploding ect (more fond for the freeze though :laugh: )... or should i just focus on the Strafe/Multi Skills, then just add elemental stones (sapphire)

this is the 1st time that im gonna be playing Amazon so im a little bit confused.

2. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

Have a look in the stickied thread for guidance with amazons.

3. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

Amazon guides

Read some of those, and i'm sure you will get answer to your question and find build that fits your needs.

4. romeo

romeo IncGamers Member

im checking on the guides right now... information overload:shocked: there are tons of info there that now im even more confused. hahaha. nice guides though.:thumbsup:

5. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

I am a noob but I say skip the Arrows and get similar effects from gear. I liked the Face of Horror unique, and a second bow with high elementaldamage for PI. Are many other ways I guess that doesnt cost the skill points for N-arrow.

I was recommended this http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=403639
    Must say I liked the idea.

6. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

for Pi you can go tree roads. Get some thing removes the PI. Mostly wws or amta's scarab. Or find something on your merc. If you can get your hand on a wrath(bow) this might work too.

the other road is to take a elemental skill. Though you need a lot of points in there to be good and it will cost a lot of mana, perhaps more then you have.
    Anyway, a lot of people like to have one points in freezing arrow for the freezing. some people use magic arrow, I find it useless on low levels, just like the elemental skills. But nearly maxed (lvl 13) you get a nice conversion and it cost no arrow nor magic, good for when you run out of any of those, and magic damage nearly ever is resisted. This make it good against some bosses.

The last road is get a bow with elental damage. Believe, just rune and gems won't cut it, I tried. But if you can get a other big bow, the rune word Harmony forinstance, it might work for you.

Conclusion, if you can't get amp damage or Decrepify , just skip them or use Harmony or an other elementalbow.

7. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

one point in freezing should be mandatory for a bow zon. i doubted till i used it i put it on right click. one blind arrow into an area then strafe/multi. for single pi's one point magic arrow is sufficient for it's low cost mana wise and no cost arrow wise. it's especially good if you have knockback and a decent ias bp the monster will be pinned against whatever obstacle it comes into contact with. for packs of pi amp or decrep somewhere (you or merc) is a must... or just hoof it.

on a personal note if everything you say is bolded we wont know when you're saying something important enough that it should be bolded and thus emphasized.

8. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

freezing arrow 1pt should be used by all pvm bowzons because it freezes very well even in hell (if you add a few cold dmg scs to increase duration), you'll need it for cs/cow runs

i think other ele arrows are a waste of points because they won't help much against physical immunes anyway (the only exception is if you solely focus on freezing arrow and synergize it - usually this is called a frostmaiden zon build, found in the guides section iirc)

9. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Disagreed. Both Fire Arrow and Cold Arrow will convert a percentage of your physical damage into fire/cold damage (I think it's 2% per slvl), which make them fantastic for dispatching PIs. If you have +9 skills or so, a single point in either arrow skill will give you a useful tool for taking out PIs. They're mostly one-point wonders, though, and not worth investing much more into (except as a synergy).

10. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

well i still maxed frozen arrow and cold arrow because they are EXCELLENT crowd freezers and can kill effectively as well.

11. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Now what skill is frozen arrow. I can only find cold arrow, ice arrow and freezing arrow, but no frozen arrow.

But first you need to find +9 to bow skills and you need to have a big damage bow. For some reason, I don't think that it'll solve the problem.

12. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I mean freezing arrow sorry.