Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should a Skellemancer use a golem at all

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Teko903, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Teko903

Teko903 IncGamers Member

Should a Skellemancer use a golem at all

I was adding up skills and playing around with the skill calculator, and i was just wondering if you absolutely need a golem at all? I guess i need some help

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I have a one-point wonder Clay Golem with my skelliemancer and I must say that I am glad for him.

In most normal monster-slaughtering situations his influence is neclegible. It is not like you need an extra tank anyway.

Against bosses and especially act bosses he is priceless though. Not only does he slow them (stacks with Decrepify) but he can also be cast to cause a small diversion. At higher difficulties and with a bit of +skills he will have quite a few hit points so the diversion might actually last longer than a split second.

In other words: Get 1 point in both Clay Golem and Golem Mastery and cast him whenever there are big bosses around. If you find him useless the points are prerequisites to Summon Resist and are thus not wasted.

3. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

Clay golems are great against bosses because of the slow effect. Just don't expect to get any real damage from any golem--golems are tanks, that's about it.

Another reason to get golems: all but Fire are required to get revives, which make great backup for your skellies due to their massive HPs. Just one point in each golem leading to revives and one point in revives is plenty. Your +skills will fill in all the points you need, and it's really helpful at certain points where skellies can have trouble staying alive (hell diablo for example).

4. Decker

Decker IncGamers Member

I'd also recommend a single point in Summon Resist. I find that it's worth the point with as much as it helps :)

5. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

At level 1 CG you're only getting 11% Slow.
    But at level 6 (not too hard to get with +skills) you're at 41%!
    Couple that with a dose of decrep and Baal's animation slows to a literal crawl.

6. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Add an HF merc...and you can see great results then.

Hosv1

7. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Another reason to get a clay golem or even a fire one is that they are your only summon that does not need a corpse... so you can do useful things like re-cast them behind the monsters or on top of archers.

They help take the pressure off your merc when you are picking up your army before you get to act 5 and can take the free corpses in Nihilaks temple.