Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Short Q - Help appreciated

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Friskin, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Friskin

Friskin Banned

Short Q - Help appreciated

Hi, I just started playing 1.10 seriously after a long time out.

Just a short Q: What are the base resists for Skellies in NM/HEll? Do they also get the minuses like players do?

And a second question to lead on from there: If these disadvantages apply, then how do SR bonuses apply then?

much thanks

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew and feel free to raise some corpses.

There are no resist penalties for our minions. They will have a base resist of 0% in all acts.

3. Friskin

Friskin Banned

Much thanks!

4. UncleSporky

UncleSporky Diabloii.Net Member

On the flip side of this, do Revives retain their extra resistances or immunities from NM or Hell?

5. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

Linky to my post at the Druid forum (totally missed the fact that it was posted there.)

Just wondering, how much is known of skellies in this forum? While browsing skills.txt and monstats.txt I noticed a couple of interesting facts. It's just that I'm lazy and don't want to post longer than average posts when it's already known. :p

6. Mad Mantis

The life was known as were the resists. What we would like to know is if Skellies have IAS bp's (does Beast make them attack faster and if so, how much faster) and what the correct values for defense and AR are. These things are a bit hard to test.

7. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

IAS breakpoints never were my expertise... Beast will make them attack faster, as the method of speeding an attack up is global. IAS and FCR can both be placed on monsters, and it speeds them up. Just compare Normal Meph with Hell Meph, there's quite a difference because Hell Meph has 30% IAS and FCR.

I'll just post their stats.

monstats.txt
    Threat lvl = 10, which makes them just attractive to a monster as a player.
    They can open doors, which makes them smarter than some act bosses...
    The cold length isn't reduced like that of many monsters in NM/hell. Cold resists would be helpful...
    Damageregen = 4, so they regenerate their life fully in 1024 frames, or 40.96 seconds.
    3% chance to block, when they have a shield.
    normal base defense = 5
    normal base AR = 5
    NM base defense = 5
    NM base ar = 4
    Hell base defense = 6
    Hell base AR = 6

Monstats2.txt
    Melee range = 1 (like a short sword.)
    medium sized monster (same size as a player IIRC)

Skills.txt
    damagepercent = ((lvl < 4) ? 0 : ((lvl-3)*par3)), which means:
    If the Slvl of Raise Skeleton is Slvl 4 or higher, they get 7*(Slvl-3) ed% added to the skill ed% part of the dmg formula.

tohit = (lvl+skill('Skeleton Mastery'.lvl))*par4
    Skellies get 15*(Slvl_Raise_Skeleton + Slvl_Mastery) added to their AR.
    15 AR per Slvl of either Raise Skeleton or Skeleton Mastery.

armorclass = (lvl+skill('Skeleton Mastery'.lvl))*par5
    Skellies get 15*(Slvl_Raise_Skeleton + Slvl_Mastery) added to their defense.
    15 defense per Slvl of either Raise Skeleton or Skeleton Mastery.

item_normaldamage = skill('Skeleton Mastery'.lvl) * skill('Skeleton Mastery'.par2) + edmn
    This one is strange. They get +2 weapon dmg per Slvl of Skeleton Mastery plus "elemental damage min", which is zero and stays zero.

5% chance of a shield. Only Kite Shields have that 3% block chance. The rest is at 0%.

I'm gonna take a closer look at how the HP of skellies is determined later, as it is very complex and has at least one strange formula used.

Eh, short question, long answer.

UncleSporky: Yes.

8. Mad Mantis

Nice. Thanks RTB.

9. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

I'm very sorry to drag this ancient dusty thread back up, but there is one part in post #7 that has been bothering me.

RTB, you say there is a 5% chance for a shield, but this seems wrong, or perhaps bugged to me.

I just started fresh, with a HC fishymancer, and when summoning skellies I began to wonder about their block. I remembered that only kite shield skellies block, so I thought I would summon all (10 at that time) and keep unsummoning the ones with a small shield.

It was then I realized, my companions didn't spawn with small shields at all, if spawned from corpses of a certain monster type. They would always spawn with the kite shield. I have checked this for "coincidence" pretty well, sometimes it just gets in "kite lock" and every skelly from some monsters will get shields, and every skelly from other monsters will get the useless shield.

Just for the record, if the chance for a kite shield was 5% then the chance for it happening to ALL 10 skellies would be (5/100)^10 which works out to 10240000000000 to 1 !!!

...and it happens all the time!