Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shopping for Lancers gloves of Alacrity

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Milb, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Shopping for Lancers gloves of Alacrity

Just spent the best part of an hour trying to shop a pair of these and I've had no luck, what is the chances of actually find a pair?

I started by using Anya and her portal but didn't have much luck, then I checked the vendors in Act 1, Gheed seems to be the best and it looks like he only sells normal items - so no Ogre Gauntlets with their massive str reqs.

• Is Gheed the best place to look? Considering I can put the Cow Portal next to him for fast item refreshing.
    • What is the optimum level to look for these, or does it not matter?
    • And, how long should I expect to find a pair of these gloves?
    Thanks in advance,
    Milb

2. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

cow portal for gambling is a great idea never heard that mentioned before :) (ofc maybe i just missed it)
    affix calc says chances for gauntlets to drop from a lvl 90 is 1/12370 and from a lvl 73 1/11306 (pretty sure you need ilvl 73 to spawn them so with vendors clvl+5 best level is 68)
    all vendors are 'the same' apart so main consideration is how many gloves they display and how quickly you can refresh.
    anya and gheed seem the same for number of gloves showing pretty much but as you know act1/2 wont sell high str gloves so gheed is probably best choice.
    how long to find = 10secs to never^^
    think for a 50/50 chance to get them you need to refresh 3134 times assuming 2.5 gauntlets per visit so erm 52* number of seconds to refresh = number of mins for 50% chance?
    early moring here anyway gl - easiest way to get is trade :)

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

According to http://members.iinet.net.au/~dcarson/shopcalc.html, only Asheara (Hell), Larzuk (Hell) and Anya (Hell) sell ogre gauntlets at all. As Larzuk probably has a bigger amount of gauntlets than Anya, it might be worth making a portal next to him during your next meeting with the übers. Until then, try Anya.

However, the chance to get ogre gauntlets is very small. First, the gloves have to be of the base type "gauntlet" and only ~2.5-2.6% of these are orge gauntlet (for L90-99 characters).

You missed it :wink3:

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I got one of mine when visiting Anya during Pindleruns and the second when visiting Fara during Tunnel runs.
    If somebody knows the definitive answer for this question, it could help you a lot:
    Have +3jav/20Ias gloves allways gold color? (I think they have, but I am not 100% sure)

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Well, the Lancer's prefix has a transform color of light gold, and the Alacrity suffix has a transform color of dark yellow, so even though it would depend on the one that takes precedence, in either case it'll be a yellow-looking item yes.

6. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I had noticed that the gloves of Alacrity were always spawning yellowy-gold, I was going to ask for a screenshot of a pair in my first post so I could see the colour I should be aiming for.

About trading, I play Single Player self found so I have to find this item myself, I want to start building a Baal runner with some of the nice items I have found recently so I need these gloves.

Could these gloves be shopped in NM? I ask as I have an untwinked Trapper who will soon be able to use Anya's Portal and needs to shop 2x 3 Trap and 2x 3 Shadow claws, and I could kill two birds with one stone there.

Thanks for your answers, and for that link to the shop calculator, thats quite a nice tool.

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

All that matters in NM and Hell is character level. (shopped items spawn with ilvl=clvl+5) Check what level you need for those Lancers gloves here: affixcalculator

8. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Cheers Hrus, I already googled the calc though, didn't want to ask for it in case I got someone banned :smiley:

My assassin in lvl 66 now, and in the Crystalline Passage, so I will hopefully start shopping Anya within the next hour or so.

9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The suffix should take precedence.