Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

shopping for echoing gear

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by baalos, Mar 3, 2004.

1. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

shopping for echoing gear

This post is in more of a venting thing than a questioning thing. I have a barb on Team UGLY thats lvl 62. I have spent about 4 hours shopping for echoing toys and have come up totally dry. If I see one more grinding weapon I am gonna hurl. I am shopping in nm and clearly have the level requirements for echoing weapons. Whats up???

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Took me forever also with my 80+ Sorc in Hell. Guess Bliz aimed to nerf Barbs even more than we had originally thought. :rant:

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

And yet some people have the time to find themselves matching non-gold ethereal cry sticks o_O

4. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

For me its hell Anya who stocks them, and if she is out of stock, Malah will have a few spare.

Takes a while to convince them to part with them though...

5. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Uggg not what I want to hear ><. Tons of grinding, lots of fools, plenty of mechanics... c'mon gib echoing plz!

disclaimer: not a begging thread. We are untwinked. Shopping is permitted but sheesh, this is dumb.

6. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

I agree - I generally see sounding and echoing knives in Malah's lil shop. I also oddly enough seem to find them around shenk more than anywhere else - try running him 20-30 times ... a day

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Ah hell who care Baalso, I am use to lvl 20-24 Bo all the time playing Classic! Any Bo is good Bo.

BTW, recently I have found 5 Cry weapons in Act 2 but it was Hell.

8. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Um, you'll come up dry on those weapons for another hour, too. You cannot shop those weapons (Echoing, +3 Warcrys) until you hit clvl 66.

For those that don't know why, the shopping gives all items an item level boost of clvl+5. So the weapon must spawn in the trade window at ilvl 71 (alvl 60) to spawn those mods.

Once you hit 66, you can shop til you drop for them from any vendor that sells javs in NM and Hell.

Happy hunting, takes me about 20-30 minutes per javelin when I'm shopping for them.

9. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

that reminds me, i found a few +3 crys weapons while questing back at the start of ladder and mueled them off, i should go xfer them to my barb :D

BTW, if i remember right i found them in act 1 hell while questing my way through

10. ConnerMacleod

That's the other way to find them, Hell Act contains plenty of monsters at or above mlvl 71.

11. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Yes Stinger we all know your fondness for substandard gear. Baalos was mearly asking why he hadnt seen any. If you have nothing constructive to offer the post dont bother.

Thanks to Conner for giving an actual answer

12. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Stinger is on team UGLY, I think that was his point.

Conner, thanks for the answer. Good info to have. I hate shopping anyway, just ask my wife. So as for now lvl 26 bo will just have to be good enough.

13. Skydawn

Skydawn IncGamers Member

baalos..

I have an echoing knife and an echoing axe i have no use for ..they don't match but your welcome to them till you find what you want..for now they'll serve your purpose.. w/skydawn1

14. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Thank you for your offer Skydawn, but UGLY is an untwinked team and we can only use what we find in game. You are very cool for offering though. :thumbsup:

15. moby

moby IncGamers Member

I agree with some of the other posts. I think the shopping thing is nerfed. Anything useful anyways. In between runs I always shop and check for echoing weapons for my brothers barb. And sometimes at the end of the night I just shop for 1/2 an hour or so. I've only found like 2 echoing weapons. And this is with my necro between levels 70 and 85, both NM and Hell.

-moby

16. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

Baalos i got 2 warcry javs you can have.. a red and gold +3.. I dont use them cuz i have matching echoing phase blades :eek: but msg me at

*rustic_wear1 at about 3:30 ct cuz im in school right now! :rant:

17. ConnerMacleod

Like anything it's all just luck. You gotta remember that vendor items spawn like any other item. They are assigned an alvl, then they choose a mod.

There are approximately 160 possible affixes that can be selected at the level required to get Echoing. Echoing is also a rarer mod. Your odds of just getting one weapon to spawn Echoing are about 1 in 600. So although you get about 10-15 different javelins that spawn, you still have to have the luck to have it spawn Echoing. It's not always going to happen, but when it happens you'll know it.

Also, it's rarity is another reason why I buy them from time to time. It's an easy way to get 20 pgems per weapon in the channels from those that don't want to invest the time.

EDIT: Oh, and similar odds in the game matching the Echoing mod's consistency: Hell Countess can drop Lem, odds are 1 in 720. Tell ya a little bit about their actual rarity.

18. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

I bought 1 set of echoing throwing spears with my clvl 78 amazon in act5 hell from Malah.

Then it took me forever to get my next ones. Finally got them from (same amazon) my lvl 85 amazon shopping anya in hell (throwing spears).

So they are infrequently found at the hell act5 vendors, but they can BOTH sell them (if your level is high enough). Anya is the fastest, since you can go through the red portal and back up to reset the items. (just dont lag out and let the zombies get you).

It took me about 3 minutes for my first ones, and about 60 minutes for those 2nd ones (or maybe longer cumulative time spent). So yes, on average about 30 minutes, but jeez, 60 minutes (over 3 or 4 tries) of a dry spell.

The good thing is my javazon bought lots of cruel throwing spears, even one with mana leech. So it wasn't all wasted time, I still use some of those javs. Also, I used the +2 cry ones I found which are quite nice as well (just not perfect of course).