Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shopping at Merchants

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Loftarasa, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Loftarasa

Loftarasa IncGamers Member

Shopping at Merchants

I am looking to shop a 2 socket "vulpine bone shield of deflecting" or just "bone shield of deflecting" with 2 sockets. is it possible to shop a magical item with sockets in it? ive seen 2 socket bone shields of deflecting many times, so do they shop them or find them or what? of course if you socket a magical it will only have 1 socket, so i figured i could shop one but i havent had any luck. so my question is can you shop a magical with sockets?

PS. if anyone is selling one my account is VictoryRose

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

You can buy Mechanic's Bone Shields of Deflecting (1-2 sockets), you can buy any other Bone Shield of Deflecting and then take it to Larzuk in Act 5 (he'll put 1-2 sockets in it for you).

The only way a magical item can be bought with sockets is if it has either the Mechanics (1-2), Artisan's (3) or Jeweler's (4) prefixes. Otherwise you have to add the sockets yourself.

3. Loftarasa

So if i take it to Larzuk he COULD add 2 sockets? a friend told me if i add sockets in hell it could add 2, but i thought magical items could only get one? i tryed adding sockets to my vulpine bone shield of deflecting just now and it added one. should i try and find another shield and socket it again for a chance at getting 2?

4. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

For this purpose, there's no difference between normal, n'mare and hell. If an item is magic, Larzuk adds either 1 or 2 sockets randomly. Rares, sets and uniques he adds just 1.

5. Loftarasa

What about if i had a magic gothic plate or something and wanted 4 sockets. Is there a chance larzuk could add 4 sockets to a magical item that could have four if it was non magical. Like non magic gothic plates can have 4 sockets, so is there a chance a magic gothic plate could get 4 sockets from larzuk?

6. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

No. Larzuk will only add 1 or 2 sockets to a magical item, regardless of its type (assuming of course that it can have sockets, and he'll never add more than the maximum). He's odd like that.