Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shopping at Anya, Lost Decent Claw, Got a Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by pryzmatik2, Mar 28, 2005.

1. pryzmatik2

pryzmatik2 Diabloii.Net Member

Shopping at Anya, Lost Decent Claw, Got a Question

Well i was shopping at anya, which i usually don't do but i found a few warcry spears so i kept going. I didn't have that much gold cause most warcry spears are about 10k.

I came across a +1 sin skills / +1 blade shield / +3 light sentry claw, and i was somewhat arroused because I had never found a trap claw better than +3 traps. It costed 300k gold, so i started /f m'ing requests for gold. I got about 200k, and just before i friend came with that last 100k, i checked back at anya and she had refreshed, causing me to lose the claw...

Does she refresh on a timed basis besides when you leave town? because i did not leave the whole time, just went to my stash a few times then went back and opened the trade window with her. Or was this some sort of glitch or something? because i never left or went through the pindle portal. I was always told if you stay there it wouldn't refresh.

2. space_loner

space_loner Diabloii.Net Member

well... personally I would have just stayed at Anya's shop screen until i got my friends to come. Of course she refreshes when all leaves town, but i think it might happen anytime game settings adjust (e.g. when someone enters the game) but obviously that cant happen if you are in the trade screen.

3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster Diabloii.Net Member

If you don't leave town the items get refreshed every 5 minutes.

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

if you leave the trade screen open for say, 15 minutes, then when you close it, does it refresh right away?

5. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster Diabloii.Net Member

First of all, why on earth would you do that? (in the case of the original poster, why do you go to Anya to look for claws if you don't have any gold with you?)

Second, if you want to know, try it out :lol:

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

meh good pooint .. what was i thinking. :rolleyes:

7. Alywin

Alywin Diabloii.Net Member

Based on my experience, if you don't leave the town and go to elsewhere at that particular act (Act 5 in your case), the items on sale would not be refreshed, at least for quite a few minutes (not sure if it will last for 15 mintues or forever). Actually, I had a similar case in Act 5 once upon a time and I just went to Act 4 killing some monsters for items and gold and gathered enough gold to go back to Act 5. Or else, you have another character of your friend (or two computers of your own logging in -_-) standing in Act 5 town, which should serve the same thing.

Of course I don't know the exact rules for the thing, and the above is just generalised from on my experience.

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I'm quite sure that when another character enters the game, the vendor inventory gets reset as soon as you leave the trade screen, e.g. when picking up lacking gold. This happened to me at the beginning of this season when I was poor and I saw a nice fireball/fcr/something staff in Ormus' inventory. I didn't even leave town and the inventory still got reset.

9. Solostaran

Solostaran Diabloii.Net Member

Yes I believe it refreshes after every visit.

Btw, "aroused" is not the best choice of verb :p

10. pryzmatik2

pryzmatik2 Diabloii.Net Member

Didn't know you needed that much gold to shop those kinda claws :( thought they'd be cheaper.

Oh trust me, i was arroused. :D