Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shockbear Geddon!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ragnarok, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok IncGamers Member

Shockbear Geddon!

Ok im back again!

I have been trying to build that werebear druid (soft pvm), who uses shockwave to halt enemies and armageddon to burn em all. True mass destruction u know.

The biggest problem has been skills, this build need lots skill points to maxing armageddon damage and duration, also huge life and stunn lenght would be nice too.
    But i have found the ansver: items like "stone" runeword and "earth shifter" unique thunder hammer has those charge skills, Level 14 Volcano and level 16 molten boulder. They will give the synergies to armageddon and we save some points...
    Nasty item would be also that ravenlore. It lowers enemy´s fire resists, gives some skill points and boost to those nasty ravens.

I have been planing something like this:

Skills:

Lychantrophy 20 - To gain duration and life

Werebear 5 - Blah, few points should be ok.

Shockwave 20 - maxed, cuz stunn lenght is reduced in hell. I guess...

Fissure 20 - To gain duration, short geddon is annoying

Firestorm 20 - Synergy to geddon

Armageddon 20 - The man himself

Any comments?

2. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

sounds interesting, proudfoot had a similar idea for PvP.

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

1 in Werebear is fine.

For PvM you can use maxed Shockwave, but since you won't have much else to do, you might as well keep it low and spam it. I mean, why not?

For PvP 1 in Shockwave, 1 in WB, max ot synergies.

Good luck!

4. syphon45

syphon45 IncGamers Member

Except that they only act as synergies if you have no skill points in them. And seeing as molten boulder and volcano are both prereqs to armageddon you will have to place points in them, negating any synergies that would come from charges.

5. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Nice catch. That complicates things.

I'd suggest min-ing Shockwave and maxing another synergy. Just spam SW and you'll be fine on duration.

6. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Yeah, a 10 sec armageddon is annoying. Instead of maxing fissure, just add 10 points to bring armageddon's length to 30 secs, which isnt that bad. You probably should just forget about more than 1 to oak and werebear.

Good luck

7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok IncGamers Member

No synergies from my items? damn it "#¤%"&"&¤"!!!
    I guess i have to try that 1 shockwave.

Btw, which merc would be best? I Think that barbarian merc would the choice.

8. Yokuma333

Yokuma333 IncGamers Member

Hey Ragnorak, I have actually made a druid much like yours a while ago on Ladder, and hes now lvl 85. He is actually a very solid char, his geddon does 5400 dmg, and the phys dmg on his volcano and molten boulder isnt too shabby either.I'll try and help you out with your build by telling you about mine.

My skills:
    20 oak sage
    1 WB
    1 shockwave
    1-5 lycanthropy
    20 armageddon
    20 molten boulder
    20 volcano
    1 G bear
    1 Carrion Vine

My idea for these skills was to get the physical dmg aswell as the fire dmg high.
    I
    know some of you dont like having a short duration on geddon, but I don't mind it too much. But definetely don't max fissure, at most 10 skills i would say.

For oak sage, it probably isnt essential, but man, having 4500 life sure is nice.
    As for shockwave, IMO, as long as you have ~5+ skills to shape shifting, 1 point is enough. I guess I'm more of an active player rather than a passive one, since the duration for my skills aren't very high.

My stats are:
    ~165 str(i think thats how much valor needs)
    no points in dex
    484 vit(yep, thats right)
    no points in energy

My items are:

Helm: Ravenlore w/ fire facet

Armor: Vipermagi is great, but I recently acquired a +1 Valor, and I just love the vitality it gives

Belt: Verdungos, to me, this is almost as essential as ravelore

Rings: Some rare rings w/ mana and resists

Amulet: I found a Maras for him, but any ol' rare druid ammy works

Weapon: Personally, i would rather have +2 to all druid skills rather than +3 to elemental skills from earthshaker or +7 from earth shifter. So my weapon is Islestrike w/ Io(Io gives +10 vit)

Shield: Lidless w/ pdiamond

Gloves: Magefists, for the +1 to fire skills, and +25% mana regen, which is more valuable to me then +40% mana from frosties

Boots: Aldurs work great, nice fire resist, good life, and fast run.

Merc: I pondered about this, and although some people say geddon works better if the targets are mobile, I decided to go with a Cold act3 Merc. I hate having to run away from monsters that are immune to my main spell, so I chose this guy. Hes doing ~300 cold dmg, which really isnt much, but it does help to freeze them anyway. A barbarian could work too if you wanted, but I would suggest you equip him with items for a certain monster class. Ex: Sazabis sword for demons, or the Vile husk for undead. Actually the Vile Husk would be more suitable because of the %chance to cast amp dmg on attack, which helps the phys dmg on Volcano and molten boulder a LOT.

For the strategy of it all, because he is sort of an oddball char, you have to consider several things:

First off, even though you do have stun, you will still get hit by ranged monsters. This means that you will ALWAYS be the frontline, having to stun all the ranged monsters that are hitting you. So, like most chars, having max resists is absolutely essential. I have found that the 15%dr from Verdungos is enough, but you can go all out and use a Stormshield if you want to be super tough.

If you choose to max Oak sage, which i recommend, potions will not heal you very much. This is where your carrion vine comes into play. Its a 1 point wonder; it heals so much life in hell you will feel lost without it. The drawback: it dies extremely fast! keep an eye on it and stay ready to re-cast it.

I bet you are wondering about the point into Grizzly Bear. G bear is actually very very tough with max Oak Sage, and he has insane life regen. GB is CRUCIAL when dealing with fire immunes, when you are transformed to cast volcano/molten boulder. You cant cast shockwave when in human form, so you need something to take hits, and GB accomplishes this very well.

In the end, this build makes for a one of the toughest casters out there. Tons of life, some(or max) dr%, and max resists along with carrion vine to constantly heal. I hope any of this crap has helped your ideas for your build. Maybe we will meet up someday :)