Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

shock web/kick build

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by keese, Aug 27, 2006.

1. keese

keese IncGamers Member

shock web/kick build

So I was wondering if some people can help me with this build I'm thinking of...something like max:

Shock web
    Dragon talon
    Death sentry

so far those are the only skills I want to max. I would need another synergy to make shock web good enough right? suggestions please

For gear I was thinking crescent moon runeword, so it can boost the damage of my shock web. Would it be a waste to use four lightning facets in a shield?
    Oh yeah the biggest problem I can think of is trying to get a high percentage of crushing blow with none coming from the weapon, is that possible?

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Shock Web does pathetic damage. Even if the number of spikes and damage are impressive... it can only hit once per second. That kind of delay makes it very ineffective for anyone that enjoys killing things fast. It's also bad, because that 1-second NextDelay will hurt other party members who use skills with NextDelay. On the other hand, you get mad style points for Shock Web while soloing.

Death Sentry and Dragon Talon are very powerful. There are two builds around them on this forum. The first is JanusJones' which is almost always on the front page. The other is mine: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=405240

3. StLife

StLife IncGamers Member

You forgot C-Beat's guide.
    Afaik, he was the first one around here to write a guide for this type of build.

4. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

His guide is also very bad. Maybe it was considered alright when he wrote it because no one knew how to build kicksins correctly back then. I wouldn't recommend anyone follow it now because they will end up with a very weak character.

5. StLife

StLife IncGamers Member

Do you speak from personal experience?
    I used it back in the days and it worked out perfectly fine (even kept her for v 1.11).
    I don't get your "no one knew how to build kicksins correctly back then" remark. A dtalon/trapper is not that hard to make. All you need is DTalon, DS and a healthy amount of CB.

6. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Yeah, wiz, u n00b. :p

(p.s., I do link to C-beat's guide when I start talking about Dancers in my guide. To put it bluntly, his equipment could use an update.)