Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shinra X Lucielle: Journey Journal

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shinra Beelzebub, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Shinra Beelzebub

Shinra Beelzebub Diabloii.Net Member

hmmm... I kinda don't get it.

The bottom of the countess' tower is too damn hard, with multiple Uniques and Magic Mobs blocking the path. Andariel and her catacombs, on the other hand... Not anything to even worry about.

I ported through most of the prison and catacombs because 90% of the mobs are fire immunes and kinda a pain (not to mention all those resurrcting goblins) but Andariel herself, even with all the mobs around her was as simple as it can get. Run in with the necro, kill the first lot of non-fire immunes with meteor, let the skeletons tank everything else and a few fireballs later Andariel is dust in the wind. The Act II merc is an idiot so he still managed to die... srsly, even the clay golem survived!

Anyway, the necro was a few steps too far back and Andi died too fast, so there aren't even any pics today.
    Act II is a lot more fun anyway, and hopefully with a lot less fire immunes.

Would be nice if I got to the end of Act II till next weekend, then I could make my first video farming Tal Rasha Tombs or something like that. Would be a bit harder than nmDiablo or nmBaal runs and more fun to watch, I think.

Grape likes this.
  2. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

Andariel is a good target for characters with fire damage, as she is very vulnerable to it. Her Hell fire resistance is -50!

Good luck with your future adventures!

3. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

Looks like a couple of nice upgrades to items. I would recommend the Magefists for the sorc over +30 Poison Resist, especially with a tank of skeletons in the front lines.
    The +1 Fire skills (no class specified) I believe benefits all fire skills: Druid fire elemental skills, Amazon bow fire skills, etc. But they benefits there are much less than for a Fire Sorc, as she will benefit from the %FCR and %Mana Regen more.

Yes, the A2 merc does die a lot. He needs a weapon with Life Leach and resists, but is mostly used for his aura. Prayer can work for Necros as it keeps a lot of skeletons topped up on health and helps you rely less on potions, Might is great, Holy Freeze gives good crowd control.
    The Thorns aura in Hell does almost nothing if you're still using him. Frenzytaurs (if Arreat Summit is still correct,) do up to 139 base damage, and have up to 18,546 life. Even if AS is incorrect, monster damage is tiny compared with their life, so Thorns adds very little extra damage.
    When compared with Might, each skeleton gets a good damage boost to kill small mobs much faster, and then to Holy Freeze which slows enemies and subsequently reduces all damage taken, adds a lot more crowd control and room for your characters to move.

Congrats on the progress and good luck with Act 2!

4. Shinra Beelzebub

... Level 15 Thorns (The one I got from the Act 1 merc) reflects 810 % damage, with "amplify" they get about 133% damage from that (calculating with 66% physical resistence) --> Makes about 1500 damage. (With level 30+ throns aura from bramble in addition, one could double that)
    I don't know if I just used that pet calculator correctly, but if yes, my little friends deal about 2400 dps. with might aura that goes up to about 4000 with "amplify" 5000 up to 8000 dps. (depending on enemy resist)
    --> To me those numbers feel like I will stick with thorns Act1 boggie (once I get a good bow base) and Act2 mighty merc after all.

On another note I got Trang-oul's Scales (armor), gives a really nice boost to my skellies. I do have trang oul's guise as well, but doesn't look like it would be too useful. I didn't know that set existed. But srsly, fire spells? I already have that, so no need.

... I also got, among some other less useful things, Tal Rashas belt and staff. I don't think that I will equip them soon tho.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  5. Shinra Beelzebub

Well, I AM sorry, but that^^ won't happen. Silly me needs a few more days. I really thought that once I've got everything set up and ready to go, making the video itself would be a piece of cake. Well, I didn't even think twice about it, but...
    How the hell am I supposed to concentrate on gaming while making a video and trying to talk at the same time. That's a lot harder than expected.
    As I've said, I will need a few days for that, but I will definitely manage sooner or later. Well whatever, here is a pic of silly me challenging the impossible once again.

[​IMG]

Wow, I do look tired. Well, is to be expected I guess...

But I really did get better at playing in the last few days. Using multiple curses relatively effectively and not wasting as much time when selecting skills is a pretty huge deal after all. But there is still much to be learned.

T72on1 and ThomasJohnsen like this.
  6. Shinra Beelzebub

"In Sanctuary there are lots of things you can do in your free time. Like, going hiking on the Arreat Mountain. Or sightseeing in Kurast. But the bests gotta be exploring one of the various tombs in the deserts. I heard I have to thank some dude in a black dress for all the revived undead strolling around there. Well, thank you, they burn like dried up torches and their screams are resounding in the long hallways and chambers, forming a spooky musical. When I first met him, the scenery was almost the same, It's soo... nostalgic. Maybe romantic. It's hard to put my feelings into words."
    - Lucielle Cerberus, Journey Journal Page 171, Paragraph 1

During the last few days my luck with drops was kinda... on vacation? Well, not today, it seems. For once, I got that little thing for my mighty merc, finally making him somewhat less dead. Even if I don't know if the merc needs that high attack rating bonus, this weapon has been a blessing.

Stygian Pike
    Dread gutter, Stygian Pike
    Two-Handed Damage: 29 to 144
    +53% To +53% Enhanced Damage
    +2 Maximum 2-Handed Damage
    +9% Life Stolen per Hit
    +10% Damage to Demons
    +44 Attack Rating vs Demons
    +5% Chance to Cast Level +3 Fire Bolt (sor) On Attack
    +38 Maximum Damage / Level
    +1254 Att Rating / Level

Well, what else did we get I was looking for bases, and that's exactly what we got. First we got two elite bows, one with three sockets and one with 4 sockets. (Finally I can give my little bow girl her thorns aura back.) The other things I found have been stored away for now but will be useful for later chars: Elite Two-Handed Hammer, 5 sockets. Paladin Shield +22 all resist, 4 sockets. 2 Elite Phase Blades, one with 4 and one with 5 sockets.

I was kinda down the last few days, nothing seemed to work too well. But all those drops, as well as me steadily getting better at actually playing my two chars (rather than just blowing everything up) seems to lift my mood quite a lot.

As for recording... I think I will just make a few vids "blank" without any talking and load them up first,... there is no reason to rush with making really good videos, editing and whatever. Better take things step by step rather than trying to make everything perfect and losing motivation in the middle.
    Also, english isn't even my first language and I haven't talked in english for years, so... well, whatever. Hopefully you are more interested in my playstyle than me :p

Hopefully I can upload a nice video as soon as tomorrow. Of course a link will end up in this thread as soon as there is something.

ThomasJohnsen likes this.
  7. Shinra Beelzebub

Well well, destiny does like to make things difficult. I didn't have internet for more than half of the day, thanks to a pretty nice storm throwing lightning all over the place.

But it seems that I can now keep one promise after all, so please enjoy. (I watched it myself too... Damn I really do love to take my time while playing... Studying items and whatnot, Speedruns would definitely be a lost cause with me.)

Grape, Southpaw8668, T72on1 and 2 others like this.
  8. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen Diabloii.Net Member

Commented on youtube, but felt a comment here was in order as well:
    I really enjoyed that - you're great. Would love to see more (even if I don't understand an inkling about which items drop since german isn't exactly an easy language to read).

#EDIT: Wiederbeleb for a revive - how do kids ever learn that language?
    #EDIT2: Even the voices are different: "Ich bin ├╝berlagen." :D Great!

9. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

A lot of people take their time with D2 anyway, especially when it first came out. Checking out every item, every location, making sure it's safe. And we were playing ONE character on an entire mouse+keyboard! Even when the Necro isn't moving, it looks like you're doing something with the Sorc. Don't worry about it looking like you're moving slowly; I don't think any of us have considered using two mice to run two characters, so that is an amazing idea to begin with.
    It seems very easy to get sidetracked looking at one character, and be hit (like you did once,) for nearly all of the other characters health, especially with a dozen minions all scattered around you making it hard to keep an eye on everything. That's a big challenge to overcome to react as quickly as you did. Plus the multiplayer delay where the character isn't where he appears to be on occasion.

A little shame that there were so many Fire Immunes there - the sorc quite often took a back seat as the summoning, cursing and corpse exploding got most of the work done. A few good Meteors in there though! Well done.

Shinra Beelzebub likes this.
  10. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 Diabloii.Net Member

Wunderbar!!! Holy cow, how do yo watch and control all that action with one eye covered? ;) That would give me a massive headache. :)

Shinra Beelzebub and T72on1 like this.
  11. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

Same goes as for Ruddi keep this going i like it :) muchos entertainmentos

12. Shinra Beelzebub

Hello!

Well, what did we got...? First, of course, another vid! can't do without Silly Me.
    (... You will probably notice at 2:53, when the sound stops for a second. OBS can only record me when D2 is windowed, so when I click outside the window, this happens and the game goes into background. So annoying.)
    (I also cut the video quality a bit to reduce the video size, so tell me if it's too terrible to watch. Probably not, I can't even tell the difference.)

I also changed the Sorcs build to one that can utilize both meteor and enchant (ditched the hydra which was only useful in nightmare) Enchant really gives a lovely buff (+700 fire damage, 245 % attack rating and that for more then 12 minutes) Just try to hit as many of the little skellies as possible. Also helps at the beginning (buff mercs and golem) to rise a new army.

That's the one thing that really doesn't make any difference :p

I am open to feedback! I actually changed only one notebooks language tho, so that I can check the items I don't know in english. (Talking NPC are still in german, it would be a bit tricky to change that)

Tried to find a grave with less fire skellies :) They really are a lot more fun, I must say. Just throwing fire all over the place.

...Well, thanks for all the nice replies, they really do sweeten my days. I'll try to keep doing my best :D Next time It will go into Act III, so stay tuned.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  13. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen Diabloii.Net Member

Loving it!!
    I'll be sure to keep following your progress.

14. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

You are playing it really smooth, nice going! Thanks for recording :)

Gotta try that someday too if there's a chance, could be a good challenge. Using both hands with so intensively to something that needs constant thinking can't be bad to one's brains. :p