Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shield for Wind Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by jerichob, Apr 18, 2005.

1. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

Shield for Wind Druid

Here is a problem. I can max block with Stormshield with something like 220 Dex, but when I switch to Spirit Monarch Shield I only got 48% block, which is kinda low. Yet Spirit is awesome with its skills.

Do you find this as a problem? (I play PvM)

2. CubsAce38

CubsAce38 IncGamers Member

Yea... I'm experiencing the same thing. What I would recommend is try out the spirit 1st (I haven't done the testing yet b/c I'm only lvl 53). If the lack of block is getting you killed switch to storm. With a pdiamond or um in the stormshield you will be getting even greater resists too... I would probably go with the stormshield. Give it a whirl, I would be interested to know what you find out. :D

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

My Wind druid plays with a staff, and the lack of block isn't really all that big of a problem. But I also plain mostly in the WSK where there aren't many ranged attackers. Good positioning of your Grizzly and a strong merc should make you capable of getting through without a shield. But of course having a shield never hurts.

4. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

imo storm> rest, but then again, i dont play ladder so havent experienced spirit yet. tho 35%pdr and max block are always handy to have in duels

u'll cast bit slower (you can get the fcr somewhere else) but u will survive more and in duells survivability >> massive killing power if you ask me

grtz bef

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Take a closer look....

6. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

Well, actually I think I can do fine with Spirit and poor block. As someone posted here, Grizzly and strong merc do the thing. Yet, I always remember it was worth investing 200+ points in Dex to get max block, but it seems insane for me to invest more in Dex to max block with Spirit.

And +skills, fcr and fhr from Spirit are nice boost.

7. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

ss/spirit for pvm its really no biggy. its not like your summons and merc aren't preventing anything minions attacking you, but the case being dying too much, use the ss.

8. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

i wouldnt go for max block in either case, max vit seems to work better :)