Shield Check break down (poll this time)

Do you like this idea?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I like it, with some changes.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Nah, don't like it.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • You would ruin diablo 3 with this

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
Shield Check break down (poll this time)

My ES/Block/Lighting Sorceress needs a final break down of the shield of choice for this set up.

Griffins (Facet)
Ormus Rope with 3 to (ES or Lighting?? dunno yet...) (Sur/Facet??)
Spirit crystal sword (33%fcr)
Fletch ammy
Bk ring
Bk ring/Dwarf/Wisp/who knows..
Frostburn
Arachnid mesh
SandTreks
Cta/spirit<---hopefully enough strength or just lidless
1x Light gc with 12 fhr, rest are lifers or just plains.
Torch/anni,...etc

118% FCR
87% FHR

Now the question is...which shield?(check the poll)

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Voted Moser's.
I just love the 2 sockets + res.

Go ES.

Sanctuary is an option, but such huge res stack is unneeded. for ES.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
First of all, wouldn't you want to get an ES Ormus' for prebuff and then switch to Lightning Ormus' for killing?

I didn't vote, but my first thought was Moser's, ideally upgraded. It'd be a good idea for you to determine mathematically which would net you the most mana after all stat points had been allocated: two Elds (to save on dex) or two Surs (to save on energy).

Then I realized you didn't have much MDR and PDR in your setup. Are you getting 95%ES and trying to negate dmg to your life bulb? Because Gerke's would help out quite a bit here.

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
I might get 2x ormus's (ES and a Lighting one).
I have 1 point in energy shield so that might help to figure out the rest of my gear selections. I don't think I'll have 95% ES with just 1 point ES though...

I'm kinda looking towards at mosers right now, but atm I would like some advice on the skills selection if anyone could help me out for ES/Block lighting sorc

Skills (Rough Draft)
Lighting 20
Chain Lighting 20
Charge Bolt 20
Light Mastery 20
Teleskiness 16-20
Static Field 1
Tele 1
Nova 1
Warmth 1
Thunder Storm 1
Energy Shield 1

Do I need to change any skills for this set up?
Is there a standard MDR/DR amount I need to aim for?
No Es/block guide around here?

Btw would I need ES memory staff in case?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
I might get 2x ormus's (ES and a Lighting one).
I have 1 point in energy shield so that might help to figure out the rest of my gear selections. I don't think I'll have 95% ES with just 1 point ES though...

I'm kinda looking towards at mosers right now, but atm I would like some advice on the skills selection if anyone could help me out for ES/Block lighting sorc

Skills (Rough Draft)
Lighting 20
Chain Lighting 20
Charge Bolt 20
Light Mastery 20
Teleskiness 16-20
Static Field 1
Tele 1
Nova 1
Warmth 1
Thunder Storm 1
Energy Shield 1

Do I need to change any skills for this set up?
Is there a standard MDR/DR amount I need to aim for?
No Es/block guide around here?

Btw would I need ES memory staff in case?
Telekinesis = MUST be +20

My PvP Light sorc had 83% ES with +1 with no prebuff whatsoever, using Mara's + Griffs. Your setup seems nearly similar at a glance, so you don't really need 95%.

Wear sojs instead of bks for mana.

I would choose hoto > spirit. +20 dex is also a comfort for a blocker.

If you're PvP, then prebuff can be used but with maximum prebuff gear (+3 ammy, +3 circ, +9 staff, +3 ormus, etc. etc.) you need 8 points in ES for 95% (lvl 40). But prebuffing all that is extremely tiresome, so at the most I recommend just using an ammy / staff combo.

Using ES Ormus as your main armor is insanely stupid imo. Either use Viper or CoH.

With high ES, the importance of MDR/PDR/Res goes down. Unless you want to take ES to 90%+, I don't recommend stacking upon those stuff.

If you do happen to go 95% full prebuff, then use like +2 lightning / +25 DR ammy and Gerke's and Sur'd gear.

edit: though you haven't asked, I found the hardest thing about building a ES sorc thats not 95% (or else you'd just go all energy) is balancing out life/mana. I have 1.3/3.3 on mine, I think around 1:3 ratio is good enough with 80~85% ES. If you can quickly chug mana pots while facing a full ww, then 2:5 is okay too.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah it's easy to think lvl 16 telekinesis because it's easy to calculate the effects but it comes to this kind of synergy every point gets more and more valueable. Compare number of hits to deplete mana instead of mana cost reduction!

(the same way there is a much bigger boost to go from 50% to 75% block than from 25% to 50%)

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
Well the reason I wanted to use spirit crystal instead of HOTO is because of the FCR breakpoint that I reach and the 55% FHR that I hit the 86% breakpoint on it. So technically I can't change it.

EDITED:
Griffins (Facet)
CoH Dusk
Fletch ammy
FCR Ring with Strength/Mana
FCR Ring with Mana/Resists
Frostburn
Arachnid mesh
SandTreks
Torch/anni,...etc

118% FCR
87% FHR

It looks like my gears doesnt give enough MDR/DR it seems...should I get Gerke's for sho?

Basically if I go 80%+ES, that means I would use Gerkes to boost MDR/DR. If I go 90%+ES, that means I can use other choices shields like whistans or mosers, sounds right?

sounds difficult but I'm tryin though...
I could try aiming 1.5k life/3.5k Mana and maintain 84%+ES if I tried hard enough with prebuff. MDR/DR is just the problem here..

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well the reason I wanted to use spirit crystal instead of HOTO is because of the FCR breakpoint that I reach and the 55% FHR that I hit the 86% breakpoint on it. So technically I can't change it.

EDITED:
Griffins (Facet)
CoH Dusk
Fletch ammy
FCR Ring with Strength/Mana
FCR Ring with Mana/Resists
Frostburn
Arachnid mesh
SandTreks
Torch/anni,...etc

118% FCR
87% FHR

It looks like my gears doesnt give enough MDR/DR it seems...should I get Gerke's for sho?

Basically if I go 80%+ES, that means I would use Gerkes to boost MDR/DR. If I go 90%+ES, that means I can use other choices shields like whistans or mosers, sounds right?

sounds difficult but I'm tryin though...
I could try aiming 1.5k life/3.5k Mana and maintain 84%+ES if I tried hard enough with prebuff. MDR/DR is just the problem here..
You won't have enough for a Spirit on switch. Lidless.

80~85% ES = all you need for PvP Light sorc. 90%+ eat up too much skills, unless the huge prebuff.

1.5/3.5 is very good. I get 1.3/3.3 with 33k, with same fcr/fhr as yours.

Don't worry too much about MDR/PDR. I was suggesting that only if you wanted to make a supah tank, with full ES. Technically although you're "saving" more life points when you have same MDR/PDR on a lower ES sorc, it is more effective for higher ES%.