Shenk is my new best friend

Wizardhawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Shenk is my new best friend

My Skelemancer was going through Nightmare tonight, and after dropping big D and not getting anything useful, he went into Act 5. Burning archers populated most of the whatever the first area is. When I got to Shenk, all those little guys provided plenty of fuel for my level 18 CE and shenk and his group dropped in a hurry. Press alt to look at my drops, and what do I see? A Golden Ceremonial Javelin! At this point, I declared Shenk my new best friend, and now I am contemplating running him a few dozen times to see what else he wants to give me.

Now the question is, is it worth it to make a Javazon with it? Can a javazon mf anything decently, or would I just matriarch her and never play her again? Last I heard was on b.net when 1.10 just came out, and nobody wanted to play a javazon any more cause they were no good, is this true?

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
haven't tried one myself (yet), but I hear that LF Javazon's are among the best Cow runners, and cows can drop good gear.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Lightning javazon can do MF runs quite nicely. Her killing power is very nice, she can kill bosses very fast with CS and crowds with LF. She lacks of transport abilities (teleport) though. I use mine as a Baal runner with around 300 MF. She is very fun to play.

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
For me, the first titan's I found was not from NM meph, hell meph or even NM baal, but hell pindle. Not really where you'd expect to find a relatively low TC unique.

LF/CS zons are very fun.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
LF-zons are reasonably good MF'ers. You won't be able to get >500 MF and still retain killing power like you can with sorcs or fishies or whatever, but you can easily pull 200-300 and still tear through everything non-LI you see. They're a bit of a change of pace from the more common MF'ers, too. Pindle, cows, and Baal are the best places to run, IMO.

Incidentally, in addition to making a LF/CS-zon, I'd like to recommend either a LF-strafe hybrid or a LF-FA hybrid. LF-strafe is extremely powerful and versatile if you've got a moderate collection of items, while LF-FA is (slightly) less powerful but far less item dependant. If you decide to go either of these routes, I can come up with a lot more detailed pointers.

-Isch