Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Share Your Gameplay Videos!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by skipjack, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

Tried out Frozen Orb, it's weak compared to Blizzard. Learning to namelock. :)

2. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Frost Nova technically would work okish as long as you have a fathom since it will always hit the entire pack, but will once again do less damage than blizzard. I know phar has done it and may have some advice.

3. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Don't go max block with bloackoak ;) (~330 dex...) or you'll be very low on life... I died to a FE explosion (~800 life + lots of ES?). I was also using ormus w/ +FN so I'd probably sub that out for more safety, in HC.

Ofc, using 1.07 arkaine's + blackoak would give tons more life (and some more sorb), as well as beta CtA. I'm considering trying it again, sometime.

Most people would probably use spirit or SS which is more reasonable. I was just focusing on LE/CE sorb

edit: They are a lot of fun, though :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  4. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

No fathom. :(

5. pharphis

I didn't use fathom either because 1) I didn't have one and 2) I'm picky about safety... I probably used wizzeh but I don't remember. Hoto should be a good compromise

6. LiquidClear

LiquidClear IncGamers Member

Just FYI I used to use a FN sorc in AT that wore Full Tal's + spirit shield + 7 skillers. Works great on p1, much more enjoyable than blizzard. You don't have to have a fathom, and the Tal's set gives you good life/resist bonuses if you're HC, although FN isn't the safest regardless

7. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Started another project today, namely AT windy. Well I think result is very pleasant so decided to make a video. Compared to the last time I played AT windy, improvement is huge. Video shows windy with 578 MF killing stuff who can actually almost compete with blizzard sorcs. Keyword almost. He can hit ~6-6.5 sec/bosspack which is a bit worse than best blizzard sorcs around.

Perhaps I could remove dual bkwb for MF rings to gain another 70 MF instead without feeling drop in speed, but haven't try that yet. Rolled map few hours ago and did like 100 runs total on it for now. But on 50 test runs map had 6.24 bosspacks average. "Because it is impossibru to roll AT map with over 6 bosses average" - Maareek 20xy-2015! I'm trolling ofc, but it is kinda incredible I rolled such maps for both sorc and windy in a short time.

Secret? I changed two things that actually have impact. First and most important is Inifinity on merc instead of Inisight and Reaper's. I was surprised how strong hurricane actually is when paired with Infinity, it's almost like you have blizzard of your own. Almost again the keyword here.
    Second thing is I invested 20 points into Arctic Blast that helps ok against physical immune monsters. With hurricane + that + Infinity it's almost like there are no physical immunities at all! Anyway check video to see for yourself.

BBS_Agonistes, Atratees and bodry like this.
  8. Zylo

Zylo IncGamers Member

Gg video. I'm going to have to give that a spin on my windy. I did pits with him back in the day, but I much prefer any AT runner vs. Pits. Is that /p3 or /p1?

9. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

This has still never been disproved, for what it's worth. ;p

10. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

Tal's Set limit your mf greatly. I know I've used it on Battle.net sorceresses, where you cant create a game every minute. There survival means a lot more than in the overly optimised SP games.

11. Gripphon

That is p1 on video. I basically run either p1 (for farming) or p8 (experience). Nothing in between.
    Pit windy is also questionable how efficient can he be. I never really played him on p1, only on p8 with experience in mind. I can't see him go sub 60 seconds on random pit map one way or another, and that is pretty much required to compete with AT windy. Hmmm I have unused druids and could try out to see how Pit windy is. But rolling new Pit maps... meh. It seems to me that Pit maps are harder to roll good than AT maps.

12. Gripphon

2 new videos of pit berserk barb in action. He has 776 MF on main switch and 656 MF on teleport/hork switch.

GooberGrape likes this.
  13. Grishnakh

Grishnakh IncGamers Member

I approve this character.

14. Gripphon

Can you say MOO? MOO MOO. MOO MOO MOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Someone plz count cows on video, ty.

srrw likes this.
  15. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Cute. I think that a proper "fishy" may actually be a stronger build for cows, especially if you're willing to commit to a Pride IG (which I think is very viable as the build has room for 20 golem mastery), since I believe it can generate a corpse faster and with amp+conv that should be enough. The question is whether a 125 FCR build matches or outperforms a 75 FCR Beast build.

16. Gripphon

Fishy can seriously clear cows in less than 4 minutes total (since that is my avg with poisonnec)? Worth to try I guess, might be doable.

17. pharphis

Hm. You're supposed to switch to amp dmg before CE chain starts. You could probably avoid LR altogether tbh. Amp dmg + merc with pnova MIGHT be faster if you allow the merc to poke a cow or two.

18. Codoh

Codoh IncGamers Member

Pnova from merc? what am i missing here? with that build my necro might finaly have a purpose...gota give it a shot

19. pharphis

pnova from necro not merc, if you're referring to my confusingly-worded post :p

20. Codoh

Codoh IncGamers Member

Oh ye, that and the fact that not too long ago saw some video where someones necro was doing pnovas as he was getting hit by monsters..so i got confused. :rolleyes: